Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Front door speaker options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front door speaker options

I'm looking 2 upgrade my sound system in my coupe I just would like 2 know some good door speakers for my coupe, i currently am stock in the front and I got Sony Xplods 6x9
    Arcadia Green Crew #48
    Arcadia Green- "It's not just a color, It's a lifestyle"
    My Transformer on myspace
    Sold to: JakFrostwhite, Icedplaya123
    Vouch for: Straight_Success, Bcozzi71,IcedPlaya123,RevHard215,F20ACB7,CB7 91/DX
    RPM we the best!!!
    Reading/Philly Mob CB7Tuner #1
    93 Lx Arcadia Green a.k.a Assoluto: R.I.P
    92 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Xevious: R.I.P
    93 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Luxo:In service now !!!
    Are 3 Arcadia Green coupes 2 many !!!

How much you willing to spend? what preferences you want?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I wanna spend about $300, I'm gonna upgrade my speakers all around and get a nice amp 2 push em. I got my eyes on a 7" in dash dvd reciever, and maybe a sub.
      Arcadia Green Crew #48
      Arcadia Green- "It's not just a color, It's a lifestyle"
      My Transformer on myspace
      Sold to: JakFrostwhite, Icedplaya123
      Vouch for: Straight_Success, Bcozzi71,IcedPlaya123,RevHard215,F20ACB7,CB7 91/DX
      RPM we the best!!!
      Reading/Philly Mob CB7Tuner #1
      93 Lx Arcadia Green a.k.a Assoluto: R.I.P
      92 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Xevious: R.I.P
      93 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Luxo:In service now !!!
      Are 3 Arcadia Green coupes 2 many !!!

Comment

you can fit 6.5 in there but i got scared thinking that they wouldn't fit and put 5.25s in mine. Kenwood Execelons all the way around baby!

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

ye u can fit a 6.5 no problem that way i am runnning i have kenwood sounds very good
          GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Originally posted by 6fthondaboi
            I'm looking 2 upgrade my sound system in my coupe I just would like 2 know some good door speakers for my coupe, i currently am stock in the front and I got Sony Xplods 6x9
            If you had 6x9s in the rear from the factory that means you have an ex that means it has 5.25s in the front from the factory where as a dx/lx would have 6.5s all around from the factory. 6.5s can easily be fit with a dx/lx pod change or custom work.

Comment

Originally posted by hs06
              ye u can fit a 6.5 no problem that way i am runnning i have kenwood sounds very good
              Only certain 6.5" speakers will fit in the doors. Speaker magnet clearance is extremely important. If the speaker is too deep, the window will hit the magnet while rolling down. This will stop the window before it goes all the way down, and could possibly damage the glass.
              ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
              '93 EX 5-speed coupe
              Short ram intake
              Tenrai Himoto catback
              Smashed front end
              Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

make some MDF rings pick out a nice component set for the front 6.5 do a nice 50-75x2 amp on the front and youll be set
                Members Ride sold...
                I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
                  Only certain 6.5" speakers will fit in the doors. Speaker magnet clearance is extremely important. If the speaker is too deep, the window will hit the magnet while rolling down. This will stop the window before it goes all the way down, and could possibly damage the glass.
                  ye that is true but back speakers there a little cup u can work with that cant u jus got mod it a bit
                  GasOrAss?

www.club5252.com

Comment

Is anyone running the 4' speakers in the front?

Comment

me

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

me
                        sounds much better then 6.5's in my opiono cuz 4" are literally treble it makes it sound better.. plus if u have subs in the back u dont need any bass in any speaker

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
                        out of the game for now but looking

Comment

I used the factory mounts from a 92 lx (i believe 90-93 ex have some kind of sealed box made of plastic). I used these to make shims so i could have 6.5 hi-fonics Zues components in there and used a hole saw to cut a hole in my door and hot glued tweeters in there. i would post pics but i no longer have that cb7. The plastic housings make for easy to do shims when you don't have access to cutting MDF.

But I had the 5.25 Hi-fonics Zues components in my 95 accord and they sound real nice and have a full clean sound. I put 6x9s zues full range speakers in the rear. With out my subs i had a nice clean sound with a hit you could feel in your back. And they were loud as hell. Then i added my subs and amps and then they really screamed. I paid less that $100 for the 5.25 components and $65 for the 6x9's. My opinon it is the best bang for your buck. And if you plan to spend three bills it will leave room for your in dash screen.
                          vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by 1990AccordBoy
                            me
                            sounds much better then 6.5's in my opiono cuz 4" are literally treble it makes it sound better.. plus if u have subs in the back u dont need any bass in any speaker
                            Not necessarily true. The lower frequencies you will get from a 6.5" speaker will help to "pull" the sound toward the front and make the bass frequencies much harder to localize. With smaller speakers up front, you only get low frequencies coming from behind you, making it much more obvious that the woofer is set behind you. The best tuned soundstage will make it sound like everything is coming from in front of you.
                            ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                            '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                            Short ram intake
                            Tenrai Himoto catback
                            Smashed front end
                            Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
                              Not necessarily true. The lower frequencies you will get from a 6.5" speaker will help to "pull" the sound toward the front and make the bass frequencies much harder to localize. With smaller speakers up front, you only get low frequencies coming from behind you, making it much more obvious that the woofer is set behind you. The best tuned soundstage will make it sound like everything is coming from in front of you.
                              OMG sumone knows sumthing about imaging.
                              Members Ride sold...
                              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Working...
                              X