Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Front door speaker options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 Durabrand(walmart) all the way around. they actually arent that bad for $40 bucks

Comment

I have a DX sedan with a dual headunit and 6.5" Alpine Type R's. I have them front and rear, they are a clean clear sound and have enough bass. I want a single sub and Im happy.

6.5" Alpine Type R speaker -154.99
      Comes with wiring pigtail, 6.5"x1/2-3/4 spacer ring and screws.
      The spacer is perfect to fit it to the door under the speaker cover.

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade
        6.5 Durabrand(walmart) all the way around. they actually arent that bad for $40 bucks
        OMG thats rough... like sand paper on ur poopy hole.... why buy car audio from walmart?
        Members Ride sold...
        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

O.o so we have 300$ and then mention of like 80$ setups.

IMo, first off like Urdone said, SOUND MATT!!!

if you are going to spend more than 100$ on the pair, you just won't benefit when the door is gonna kill the small improvements. Road noise kills, as does just the way the doors seem to kill the total volume you'll get out of any setup. So spend 30-50$ at least to at least do what's behind the speakers and you'll get many times better sound with whatever you use.

And hah soundstage, so so important! but you won't ever acheive a very good soundstage in our cars without doing some sound insulating, the sound 'gets lost'. Basically you can 'place' the audio when you listen to it, proper placement is a bit subjective to each listener, but generally you want to have your sound seem like it's higher up than where it's being played from, so it sounds like it's playing out of speakers at the level of your ears. That way you get 'comfortable' sound that surrounds you evenly where you are sitting. If you demo your car, move your head around and you'll notice it sounds like it's coming more from one or another speaker based on where you are. Some just tune for best sound for the driver, some tune for a bit wider but not quite as accurite for both the driver and passenger. You can adjust the levels between the different speakers when you are sitting normally so it sounds centered where you are, move to the middle and it will likely sound off centered. Imaging when you get into the finer level deals with vertical placement as well, but separate tweeters mounted specifically at certain levels/angles and or speaker pods instead of door speakers are used to really do this correctly. An angled ring that adjusts the angle of the door speaker can help, but is very minor and not really how audio installers tune when they are going for all out perfection(i.e. pods are used unless completely custom door molds are made).

Go browse around audio specific forums, where pros hang out, imaging is EVERYTHING!
          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18
            X 2 take them out and use the holes for a port into the cabin FTW!!!!! speakin of options i am currently trying to design a door panel that will house 2 6.5's component sets while lookin pretty in something like some shag carpet???

For the front doors?
            I did that once, I found that when the front doors were shut, the 2nd set was basically covered by the front seats (mounted next to each other)
            If you want you can remove the lower pocket on the door and bolt a peice of MDF there, cover it in your choice of trim, and mount a speaker down there.

This was the original 2 speaker design - ended up scrapping it cause the 2nd speaker was covered by the front seat.

This is what I currently have

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
              For the front doors?
              I did that once, I found that when the front doors were shut, the 2nd set was basically covered by the front seats (mounted next to each other)
              If you want you can remove the lower pocket on the door and bolt a peice of MDF there, cover it in your choice of trim, and mount a speaker down there.

This was the original 2 speaker design - ended up scrapping it cause the 2nd speaker was covered by the front seat.

This is what I currently have
              looks good but I'd mount the speaker at and angle up and facing back towards you it'll sound a lot more centered and higher up!

I'm about to do something custom like this over the next couple weeks. Probably going to do a bunch of work on the project tomorrow.

Comment

how in world did u mount the 2nd speaker for it to be covered by the seat..... im 5'8 and i prefer to be up on wheel and i know i have room for 2 6.5s sets ..... and yes the pocket has to go for this to work.
                Members Ride sold...
                I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                  looks good but I'd mount the speaker at and angle up and facing back towards you it'll sound a lot more centered and higher up!

I'm about to do something custom like this over the next couple weeks. Probably going to do a bunch of work on the project tomorrow.
                  I also had that setup (still sitting in the garage) I liked it, however after everyone getting in the passengers side and kicking it everytime they got in and out, I took them out

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18
                  how in world did u mount the 2nd speaker for it to be covered by the seat..... im 5'8 and i prefer to be up on wheel and i know i have room for 2 6.5s sets ..... and yes the pocket has to go for this to work.
                  If you look at the 2nd picture, the 2 holes is where the speakers were mounted.
                  It looks like it will clear the seat, but it diddn't. BTW I dont mean It physically hit the seat, just that the sound was projected straight into the seat.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                    I also had that setup (still sitting in the garage) I liked it, however after everyone getting in the passengers side and kicking it everytime they got in and out, I took them out

If you look at the 2nd picture, the 2 holes is where the speakers were mounted.
                    It looks like it will clear the seat, but it diddn't. BTW I dont mean It physically hit the seat, just that the sound was projected straight into the seat.
                    yeah, like all those show cars with 3-8 speakers all in the door. Wayyy over kill, but looks good with the door open!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
                      yeah, like all those show cars with 3-8 speakers all in the door. Wayyy over kill, but looks good with the door open!
                      lol yea, and the amount of weight added is insane when you add it up

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Infinity man, all the fucking way...get some infinity kappa perfect 6.5" components or 6020cs components. Either way, best setup in my opinion. If you want some bass up front, invest in a kickpanel speaker enclosure. They're on ebay for about 100 bones, and you can put about an 8" sub in there lol. and remember dynamat, dynamat, dynamat. I can't ever stress it enough. and for christ sake if you get a big component setup don't put the crossover in the door like i did. Your window WILL hit it and knock it off the track and or knock the speaker wire out along with crushing your crossover. Not to mention all the moisture is not good. Also infinity is dirt cheap on ebay, like 80 buxx for a nice component setup.

Comment

anyone got any pics of there door speaker upgrades?

Comment

Originally posted by kracker055
                            anyone got any pics of there door speaker upgrades?
                            this isn't gonna look like this after about a week from now

Comment

Well i tried to fit JVC's 6.5 in the front of my 91' ex but i couldnt mount it. I mean there is room and everything but ther is no place to bolt it up to.

Comment

Originally posted by c-los0529
                                Well i tried to fit JVC's 6.5 in the front of my 91' ex but i couldnt mount it. I mean there is room and everything but ther is no place to bolt it up to.
                                you drill new holes for the screws. better to make rings but you can make it work. I put 6.5's in but then the windows wouldn't go down all the way. but ive got better 5 1/4's in there now.

Comment

Working...
                                X