Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My 03 turbo cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 03 turbo cobra

2003 Redfire cobra and my wifes 2007 Impala SS
    {Dont hate on the Impala its a nice little sleeper. 5.3L {303hp} only problem is she is FWD so traction sux!! With a 2.40 60ft and tcs on it ran a 14.6@96. I have tried turning the tcs off and it is like being on ice. 323tq kills the 18's. LOL!! It runs good from a roll!

Incase you were wondering why I went turbo..{i get that alot}. I bought the car 3 years ago bone stock. Spent $700 on it doing a cai,2.80,rwtd tune and flowmaster catback. Car dynoed 460/485 and ran 11.79@118. I came across a deal where a friend of mine wanted to put his 2.2 KB cobra back to stock and trade it in on a new c6z06 so we worked out a deal and I went kb.

Car dynoed 599.4/519 threw manifolds and cats. I never tracked it after that because Im not much of a track guy and I wasn't looking to go break shxt left and right for a et. I prefer the other type of racing. I had the kb for about 9 months and was already talking about selling the car for something else because it just didnt have enough for me. Dont get me wrong the car was fast,abnormally fast from a roll. I raced a guy from waco with a 10.7@130 all motor c5/402 and pulled 3-4 lengths and a cammed c6z06 by 1-2 the same night. I also raced 2 track prove bikes one beening a 08 r6 with afew mods and 125lb rider that ran 11.00@130 pulling him by 3-4 lengths and his buddies 02 cbr 1000 with afew mods that ran a 10.4@134. Ran door to door with him from a 70 punch. At that point I just figured it was time for something new because the car just didnt scare me. That weekend a friend of mine's dad brought his turbo 03 cobra out. Car had dynoed 737whp on a mustang dyno. One ride and the rest is history.... Sold everything kb and blower related and built my own turbo kit. I have since driven a hellion cobra making 650whp on pump gas running rich and am looking forward to finishing mine.

The turbo kit

I based the kit off the hellion turbo kit but did all the upgrades people have done since the kit came out in 2006. The base hellion kit came with a turbonetics t-76 {950hp rated},3' dp,small intercooler 24x12x3,draw thru setup and 2 1/2 charge pipes. In 2006 they dynoed 847whp in mmff at 24psi. Since then people have upgraded to the PT76 {1150hp rated} netting them a average of 30-40rwhp at the same boost level. They have also upgraded to 4'dp over the 3' dp netting them 46-48rwhp at the same boost level. I added 3' charge pipes,a massive 31x12x4 intercooler and made it a blow thru system with a ba3000 that will be tuned by HPP RACING. The average heelion cobra makes 670-690whp@17-18psi and I hope to see 710-730@17-18psi with the upgrades. Wish me luck!!!

{ JUST SO YOU KNOW THERE ARE NO BLUE COUPLERS ON THE KIT!!! THEY WERE JUST USED FOR MOCK UP!!}

HOPE YOU ENJOY!
    Last edited by cobra tom; 05-20-2009, 09:16 PM.

up pipe

making adjustments

shot of where the tial 44mm will sit and the one piece intercooler pipe. {NO the blue coupler is not happening! it will be black!}

the money shot!

NEW PHOTOS!!!

driveside shot/crossoverpipe

under transmission

passenger side shot with crossover joint

undercar shot

mounted tial 44mm wastegate

start of the 4' downpipe

Comment

UPDATE!!

uppipe finished

dp continued

dp is tucked up higher then the mufflers

Comment

clean Cobra(and you'll never hear that from me being that i HATE mustangs. lol.) and nice Impala. but wheres the turbo? i see a supercharger

edit: never mind. lmao. didnt wait long enough. lol

Comment

front view

custom tb 3' to 4.5' oval {it will be polished}

UPDATED PHOTOS!!

2 1/2 inches of ground clearance might have to raise it up alittle

Comment

Alittle side shot!! I know no center caps........cant decide on svt black cap or chrome caps.

my stainless works 3' catback! 4' tips oh and my 315/35r17's

What it looks like before I black it out!

New chrome center caps!!! Not sure if I like them or not. But they make it look different.

showing the nrra love from the garage!!

A4 Corbeau's

Comment

Wait so... you have an accord?

Looks fun though!
              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

wrong forum???? hate the mustang, i like the s/c impala ss...mother fuckers can run ten with turbos kits.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                  Wait so... you have an accord?

Looks fun though!

Yes, I work for honda so I have had many honda/acura cars. The hondas have always been good back up cars or daily drivers. I had a 91 ex coupe accord a few years ago that I wanted to turbo but it was a auto with 300k on it so I left it alone. Now I have a 90 accord coupe 5spd and would like to have alittle fun with it. I drove the cobra everyday for 2 years before I started the build and all it did was scare people away. I couldn't ever get people to play. Most cars on the street trap 118 down and even more trap 110 and down so I want something to play with that league of car that is out of the norm. The accord is perfect!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                    clean Cobra(and you'll never hear that from me being that i HATE mustangs. lol.) and nice Impala.

Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                      wrong forum???? hate the mustang, i like the s/c impala ss...mother fuckers can run ten with turbos kits.
                      Whats the point of putting someone down like that? Isn't everyone suppose to be welcomed here?

And to the OP, The mustang does look rather nice. Looks like alot of work went into building the turbo setup.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                        I will post picture of my cb7 once I take some. I have to get my posts up to 30 so I can post in other sections and I figured this would help alittle LOL!!

I like cars in general and Im not brand loyal. I say to each their own.

The impala is not s/c'd. It is a 07 ss which came with a 5.3L ls4 303hp/323tq FWD.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
                          Whats the point of putting someone down like that? Isn't everyone suppose to be welcomed here?
                          its all good I feel welcome here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Its cool!

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
                          And to the OP, The mustang does look rather nice. Looks like alot of work went into building the turbo setup.
                          It was fun truthfully! Plus the fact that a brand name base single turbo kit sells for $6500 without any upgrades..ie turbo,dp,larger intercooler,larger charge pipes,bigger wastegate,blowthru setup,etc and I have 3k total in the setup including $1k in chrome moly front suspension kinda offsets all the work done.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra tom View Post
                            I will post picture of my cb7 once I take some. I have to get my posts up to 30 so I can post in other sections and I figured this would help alittle LOL!!

I like cars in general and Im not brand loyal. I say to each their own.

The impala is not s/c'd. It is a 07 ss which came with a 5.3L ls4 303hp/323tq FWD.
                            oh i know, i have no clue why gm did that
                            the l67 3.8 is capable of far more power that that v8

just not a mustang fan, never have been, never will be

cant wait to see the cb

Comment

Working...
                            X