Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

35% tint -post your tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35% tint -post your tint

i went up to perfomance auto spa where i live, and the guy said $150 bucks for everything at 35% tint so i wanted to see what i liked the most on the cb7's give me ideas of what would look best on my car also.

That sounds about average. Depending on state laws, you could do 35 on the front 2 and get the backs like 20 or 10. Maybe even 5.

My fronts are 35. Backs are 20.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

My '90 sedan...

Should be around 20%.
      1990 Accord EX

Comment

I think you'll wish it was darker than 35%, but they are pretty loose with that kind of stuff out here. Definitely don't go any darker than 15%. A friend has 5% on his civic, you can barely even see out of the thing at night.

at 15%, you don't draw too much attention, but you can still pick your nose at stoplights...

shade, roof closed

sun, roof open
        RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

15% all around.

Originally posted by chessboxer
          We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
          Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

i have 5 percent on all windows, 35 percent on entire windshield. if you want a pic i'll see about digging one up for you.
            i've only been pulled over ONCE. never any problems. would never own a car that had anything less.

edit

here ya go.. car is painted now, but tint is the same
            Last edited by StoobyMcDooby; 02-10-2010, 01:20 AM.

Comment

well this is my first time tinting. and i work around ALOT of cops dublin cops actually and they have no life so pull over every tinted car lol. i like the 15 tho.

Comment

yeah i dont blame you. i would never recommend 5 w/ 35 WS to anyone, but like I said, it's the only way i drive.

my brother has a suburban with 20%with a layer of 5% over that.

Comment

is 150 bucks even good?

Comment

yes, not bad at all. very nice. when i had my accord, i paid $280.

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby View Post
                      i have 5 percent on all windows,
                      How much of a pain is it to back up at night?

Originally posted by Fenderx69 View Post
                      is 150 bucks even good?
                      Price? Yeah, that's a good price to have a sedan fully tinted.
                      Originally posted by chessboxer
                      We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                      Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

does anyone have the strip over the wind shield close up?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenderx69 View Post
                          is 150 bucks even good?
                          Yes! I had my windows tinted, an alarm, and my radio installed for $300!
                          1990 Accord EX

Comment

this is what i got to work with any ideas while im already bout to tint.

Comment

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
                              How much of a pain is it to back up at night?
                              not bad. you can see fine if it's well lit... even if there's a street lamp on nearby, that's enough to see. but if you're lets say in the country, etc, than you will have problems. luckily, i don't do a lot of night driving. and when I do, I never have to back up.

Comment

Working...
                              X