Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

First CB7, new here. Hello from VT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a crazy minty coupe .. just astonishing! And welcome to the site!

You bring up suspension, so I'll throw in my 2cents ..
    I've had other CB's before I bought my CB9, and I was always a spring and strut man.
    That was up until I got the wagon. I researched the Form N Function coil-overs.
    Lots .. TONS of info on this coil-over, and I'd highly suggest them for your project.
    They are pricey, but if you look around for a good used set ..

Great job on the detail! Really looking forward to watching this one.
    Also looking forward to seeing what you find in the JY!

Keep this thread going!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
      This is a crazy minty coupe .. just astonishing! And welcome to the site!

You bring up suspension, so I'll throw in my 2cents ..
      I've had other CB's before I bought my CB9, and I was always a spring and strut man.
      That was up until I got the wagon. I researched the Form N Function coil-overs.
      Lots .. TONS of info on this coil-over, and I'd highly suggest them for your project.
      They are pricey, but if you look around for a good used set ..

Great job on the detail! Really looking forward to watching this one.
      Also looking forward to seeing what you find in the JY!

Keep this thread going!
      Thanks man, its nice coming to a site and being welcomed. Unlike vwvortex.com where its just a mad house lol. So i got most of what i was looking for. The only legend coupe had its lower valence crushed and not worth saving. I got the yellow cover, bulbs for switches (one of mine is out),
      integra clock with working cover, rear floor mats (need cleaning but can be saved), the white plastic clips for my trim thats coming off above drivers door, oh!!! best part, found a new set of 9005, 9006, piaa bulbs!!!! I only paid $9.00 for everything, including the fog light bulbs too. I really wanted my head rest but those were all gone. anyway, could someone direct me to a write up on installing the yellow covers? should I do fogs? or head light? there are a tone of legends at that yard, I actually took all the covers off all of them and hid them lol. thanks!
      For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

never mind. I realized there is a "search" function here lol. So i got one of the fog's apart, and I'm thinking that what I got at the yard today isnt going to work at all. I could use a new pair of fog lights anyway. The ones I have on it now are really showing their age. Very dull and scratched. The 3M headlight restoration kit works really well. The PIAA lights are in, and what a difference over the stock cheap bulbs. Its not anything super amazing in these days of HID's and projector head lighting , but still a noticeable change in output.

what year prelude ecu am I looking for? i only saw one older one at the yard today. Flip up lights and 4WS lol I remember test driving one of those years ago when I was looking at my first practical car Ca. 1999

just realized I grabbed the wrong bulb covers. oh well, and when I took the pass side fog out I noticed its all rusty in there and I'm surprised it even works. Also noticed the actual bumper its self is in rough shape. All the mounting points for the directionals and fogs etc are either broken, or about to be. Not to mention the paint is slightly off color and chipping. Thinking of getting a 1993-1993 front bumper and just adding some aftermarket yellow fogs. There are no 1990-91 at the yard, all newer, I also like that bumper better anyway.
        Last edited by 802cb7; 08-27-2014, 07:31 PM.
        For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Did a bunch of cleaning today, and removed the alarm system.

During the shampoo, mind you, everyone thinks this interior is already really clean. This is also just the drivers seat, drivers side carpet.

The dirt!!! Even I couldnt believe it, and I've been detailing cars both professionally, and on the side for over 10 years!!!

All clean and drying out. Going to do the passengers side tomorrow.

I will try and get better shots of the whole interior tomorrow. I love the brown and tan, absolutely love it!
          Last edited by 802cb7; 03-02-2015, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Very cool & clean coupe!

That you have a little dirt washed. I have so much dirt has gathered only from the roof lining. And about the Carpet on the floor and the seat I did not tell .. A friend who was helping me clean the interior called the former owner cucumber tycoon because the car was so much dust as if it had only the fields and went))

Comment

Are you putting the alarm back in? If not, throw it up on ebay. They are pretty rare. Especially if you have the romote for it.

Comment

Originally posted by goover View Post
                Very cool & clean coupe!

That you have a little dirt washed. I have so much dirt has gathered only from the roof lining. And about the Carpet on the floor and the seat I did not tell .. A friend who was helping me clean the interior called the former owner cucumber tycoon because the car was so much dust as if it had only the fields and went))
                Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
                  Are you putting the alarm back in? If not, throw it up on ebay. They are pretty rare. Especially if you have the romote for it.
                  I'm not sure. I dont think it worked when it was in the car. I didnt mess with it too much, so maybe it does? I do know the fuse for the system used to get very hot so who knows? No remote with it, but I have the manual that came with it with a number on the front written in pen which I'm assuming is the number for a remote? . Someone on here offered me $20.00 for it. I might consider selling it but would have to be local pick up. I'll probably just add it to the start of my "rare" honda stuff. whats it even worth?

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                    This car has OEM fogs...and damn this is one lint ride. Also where the heck is everyone finding 9091 EX coupes?! There are like next to none in Dallas lol. Stupid clean ride man. I'm totally jealous.
                    nice and OE! wish mine came like that im going to be in the junk yard all weekend this weekend.... but im in dallas hit me up ThatOneAccord... i found my coupe out here too ha ha....

Comment

Originally posted by n9ne_three View Post
                      nice and OE! wish mine came like that im going to be in the junk yard all weekend this weekend.... but im in dallas hit me up ThatOneAccord... i found my coupe out here too ha ha....
                      You've got an EX coupe too?! Wth lol my last cb was a 93 LX coupe with a 9091 front end. Fogs and all lol. I hate that I sold it...with the fogs bonehead mistake. I have a CD7 now tho...still an LX lol. I even found a 96 Ex coupe identical to my 96 LX coupe a week after I bought my car for the same price and in better condition. I was so upset lol

Comment

im huge on collecting stuff like this, here is my latest score. Now to carefully remove them and frame it.

Last edited by 802cb7; 03-02-2015, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Yes, I put a CD player from a '99 Honda Odyssey in my friend's Accord. Just grab the connector with a bit of wire. Then get a harness adapter plug for your current Accord and solder them together.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by 802cb7 View Post
                            I'm all about oem+ and doing it right the first time.
                            Then you're a welcome addition! Crazy clean find, too!
                            Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                              Yes, I put a CD player from a '99 Honda Odyssey in my friend's Accord. Just grab the connector with a bit of wire. Then get a harness adapter plug for your current Accord and solder them together.
                              I knew that would work!!! Pretty sure it was actually a 1999 odyssey I took it out of.

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                              Then you're a welcome addition! Crazy clean find, too!
                              Thank you! Cant wait to start really dumping some money into this. My friend informed me i need to replace my sway bar bushings. I've seen some people using energy suspension stuff, what is the actual kit to use? The number on the package would be great.

Comment

Im so going to get this!!! Thats actually my friends black accord if you look on the side. I'll study it over the winter. http://h22swap.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X