Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

First CB7, new here. Hello from VT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been awhile, so I havent really done much to the CB. I've just been keeping it clean, commuting 60 miles a day for work. Anyway, I have a question/favor for all my cb7 brothers, and sistesr. I was wondering if any of you live close to central vermont. I'm willing to drive around 100 miles to drive another CB7 and compare the difference. 5-speed please!!!! I'll even pay for the gas to drive it lol. This will make sense if you read my post here

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=205063

It would be nice to meet another CB7 tuner as well. Actually, any plans for a new england meet anytime soon? I would like to get a group of people together to cruise to Dubs on defrost in the spring. I know, I know, its a VW/Audi show lol, but its pretty cool and there are a lot of cars that are not VW. Anyway, I need to get the issue in my post fixed so I can start on actual mods. Thanks!!!!
    For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 802cb7 View Post

When I had the wagon sprayed, I had them take my nozzles off .. just looks cleaner to me ..

But great find man! Matching color also ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Thanks!!! I was thinking about going with a CF hood in the future. My current hood is starting to rust underneath. The color is very close but slightly lighter.
        For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Been awhile, so I havent really done much to the CB. I've just been keeping it clean, commuting 60 miles a day for work. Anyway, I have a question/favor for all my cb7 brothers, and sistesr. I was wondering if any of you live close to central vermont. I'm willing to drive around 100 miles to drive another CB7 and compare the difference. 5-speed please!!!! I'll even pay for the gas to drive it lol. This will make sense if you read my post here

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=205063

It would be nice to meet another CB7 tuner as well. Actually, any plans for a new england meet anytime soon? I would like to get a group of people together to cruise to Dubs on defrost in the spring. I know, I know, its a VW/Audi show lol, but its pretty cool and there are a lot of cars that are not VW. Anyway, I need to get the issue in my post fixed so I can start on actual mods. Thanks!!!!
          Hey, there's a few of us CB7tuners down here in Southern NH. If you want to come down and hang, bs about cars, etc....feel free.

The issue you are describing sounds similar to an issue I just fixed on my beater 1993, I messed with everything and found the throttle body plate was stuck open slightly. Replaced the throttle body since I have extras up the wazoo and all good.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
            Hey, there's a few of us CB7tuners down here in Southern NH. If you want to come down and hang, bs about cars, etc....feel free.

The issue you are describing sounds similar to an issue I just fixed on my beater 1993, I messed with everything and found the throttle body plate was stuck open slightly. Replaced the throttle body since I have extras up the wazoo and all good.
            Yeah, turns out the timing is off. But its a long story and now the car will be heading to honda to have the entire timing belt and related items replaced. A little pissed about it. Because for $687 I could get my suspension!!! Now I'm kinda stuck with the F22 because after this job gets done I'm sure the engine will last another 100k easy. Or more (watch 'million mile accord') but oh well. Wasnt planing on a swap any time soon anyway.

Youre actually not that far from me at all! I would love to get together with some other cb owners, and love getting out of VT when ever I can. Sucks the weather is about to be all snow and shit. So in like 5 months it will be nice again lol. But yeah, where do you guys meet up? How do you feel about hitting up some new england shows?

Comment

Yeah, turns out the timing is off. But its a long story and now the car will be heading to honda to have the entire timing belt and related items replaced. A little pissed about it. Because for $687 I could get my suspension!!! Now I'm kinda stuck with the F22 because after this job gets done I'm sure the engine will last another 100k easy. Or more (watch 'million mile accord') but oh well. Wasnt planing on a swap any time soon anyway.

Youre actually not that far from me at all! I would love to get together with some other cb owners, and love getting out of VT when ever I can. Sucks the weather is about to be all snow and shit. So in like 5 months it will be nice again lol. But yeah, where do you guys meet up? How do you feel about hitting up some new england shows?
              we actually just did a meet around august. meet was located at tilton. and we did a nice cruise around that lake winn- something. it was pretty awesome, i'm hopinh we do that meet again for 2015. good to see another NE member.

Comment

Well we usually meet up at someones house for beers and BSing. We don't really have any set event we do each year. If we were more organized we might do something.

I'm down for shows next year however. My "show" vehicle is my 1992 Olds Custom Cruiser. Still have my CB9 but it's in rough shape. Next best Honda I have is bound to be my gf's 1995 Accord coupe, which i'm currently swapping an F23A1/5 speed and CL interior into.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  Well we usually meet up at someones house for beers and BSing. We don't really have any set event we do each year. If we were more organized we might do something.

I'm down for shows next year however. My "show" vehicle is my 1992 Olds Custom Cruiser. Still have my CB9 but it's in rough shape. Next best Honda I have is bound to be my gf's 1995 Accord coupe, which i'm currently swapping an F23A1/5 speed and CL interior into.

Well I'm up for anything. Got a few people round here that are as well. One of my friend was talking about a cruise to Honda day. Ive never been to any real import shows, I come from the VW world so I'm curious to see what an import show is like.

Comment

Thinking about selling my factory alarm system and the booklet with the serial number and info for getting a new fob from honda. Only I have no idea what its worth. Im even willing to trade for something of equal value. Just need to know if its worth anything first. Any idea?

Comment

Probably around $60-75 as it is. The fob is around $75 by itself and then you're going to have to find a dealer willing to source one for you. Luckily, mine thought that me restoring an old Honda with new OEM parts was pretty cool.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                        Probably around $60-75 as it is. The fob is around $75 by itself and then you're going to have to find a dealer willing to source one for you. Luckily, mine thought that me restoring an old Honda with new OEM parts was pretty cool.
                        thats pretty much what I'm trying to do with this car. So maybe I'll just keep it. Going to Honda on monday to see if I can get those white plastic clips thats hold the trim piece in around the door by the top of the window.

Comment

clipsandfasteners.com has those as well.

Comment

thats pretty much what I'm trying to do with this car. So maybe I'll just keep it. Going to Honda on monday to see if I can get those white plastic clips thats hold the trim piece in around the door by the top of the window.
                            If you decide you want to sell your alarm , let me know. been looking for one for a while.

Comment

As this is the beginner's section, and you have less than 30 posts, please refer to the site rules on buying and selling before discussing this any further. If you missed this rule, I'm certain you missed some more so check the rest of them out while you're reading.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

My own CB7 is really fresh and clean, no rust.

But yours makes me jealous, like, fucking jealous, it looks brand new!

Congratulations with it! Take good care of her
                                Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Working...
                                X