Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lcd Vs Plasma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lcd Vs Plasma

Im going to get a 42 tv on Saturday from Best Buy and im not too sure what to go with.For the guys that have lcd or plasma. Are you guys satisfied on what you bought or do you regret getting what you have? i also did some reading on both makes and just by reading im kinda leaning towards the plasma.

don't get plasma if you don't want your light bill up. get LCD with 120hz 1080p ( not 720 cheaper)

Links to my rides :
    1992 Accord EX*
    1990 Accord EX
    1991 Accord SE (4th)
    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
    1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
      don't get plasma if you don't want your light bill up. get LCD with 120hz 1080p ( not 720 cheaper)
      Don't listen to that guy, I've got 3 plasma's that are often on 8 hours out of the day, my bill isnt any different from when I wasn't using my plasma's the power consumption on a plasma especially the new plasma's is hardly noticeable. My computer sucks more wattage then my t.v's combined. Plus it all depends on what your primary use of the t.v. will be. If it's video games I would recommend LCD, LED or even a DLP. If your looking for video quality Plasma or LED. The reason I don't favor Plasma for video gaming is the dreaded screen burn (which I've yet to encounter with my game playing) and plasma's adapt to real life colors better then they do to pastel (gaming colors) You can tell this when watching a cartoon on a plasma and lcd side by side. Plus nearly all 720p t.v.'s can be put into 1080i mode. LCD's are growing to be alot cheaper and tend to be a great all around t.v. great for gaming and the video quality is still pretty great, but like I said if your looking for that "Holy crap that video quality is sick!" A properly tuned plasma in HD destroys a properly tuned LCD in HD. Higher hertz is the way of the future, although the different on action movies from a 60-120 is not really noticeable unless your looking for the difference in pixelation, BUT if money isn't an option, get yourself a LED. Peace

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

LCD FTW, better quality and less power.
        Plasma, good quality (not better than LCD tho) and more uses more power and tends to get hot when turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
          Below is an interesting link with lots of comparable information.

Enjoy.

http://www.cnet.com/1770-5_1-0.html?...s+LCD&tag=srch
          600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

the tvs have a life span.i remember reading about how a plasma only lasts 70000 hours of on time but the lcd lasts 3x longer.but then again u can get a 40-46 in decent plasma for for 500-600 dollers.so pretty much u buy 2 plasmas for the price of 1 lcd tv.

my new turbo build

Comment

I got a 47' led LG TV last night. It is so sick I cant belive it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+47%...20lg&cp=1&lp=1

I didnt get it at best buy I got it local for 1300.

Comment

With a 42" tv, all other things the same, you will hardly notice any difference between 720p and 1080p. In fact, there aren't really any mainstream satellite, games, or movies that output in 1080p quality thus making the "1080p" a fad and bragging rights. Unless you exclusively watch blue-ray movies, which is the only source available in 1080p, them you won't benefit at all from having 1080p. Most people can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that a 720p movie cannot ever possibly be "upconverted" a.k.a "scam to get people to spend more" to 1080p resolution. You cannot make something output better than what the source is. Thus unless you have or plan on purchasing a blue-ray player and watching alot of blue-ray movies then don't waste extra money on a 1080p television.
                My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Re: Lcd and Tv

Well im been working at best buy. The best i prefer is a lcd( liquid,crystal,display)
                  Since they don't generate much power and there energy efficient. Also the display won't have heat radiation since if you touch the front display you notice how much heat the plasma produce compare to lcd. Also the plasma has a Glass screen compare to a lcd with plastic. They promblem is Plasma once the screen is crack, THe whole glass has micro led which once it's crack, the whole screen is screwed up. Lcd drop or touch, it just affects on the dented part and there easy to repair compare to plasma you can't repair and immediately are thrown into the garbage. It's up to you, since i prefer them overall there highperformance and the quality. For me for plasma get Pioneer, or Lg. For lcd go for Lg, Samsung and Sony.. PLus always check for the hz...New models for 2010 contain 240hz which give more of a 1600x2100 picture display and have more rich tone....I wish i could get you discount too if you live near B.c Since i can get products for only half the price...I have 5 lcd in my house for bedrooms, kitchen and a massive 65inch Led smasung that i just bought last 5 weeks for my Living room. Regular price 5600 for only 2700not bad ehhh.....
                  VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                  1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                  MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

I currently have a 42 inch plasma. It does consume a ton of electricity and it gets very hot. I only use mine for about 4-5 hours a day though because I don't have time to be sitting in front of a TV. I would rather be working on my CB. But anyways. I had an LG LCD which was great but I needed a bigger TV so I upgraded and got a plasma. The picture quality is pretty good but you really wouldn't be able to tell the difference between LCD or plasma unless they are side by side.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

Its all about LED now. Plasma and lcd is a thing of the past.

Comment

I my self have 2 toshiba LCD'S and 1 is 1080p other 720 and you wont tell the diffrence. but I put them side by side and you can see that you get more picture with a 1080p. yea only a hand full give 1080p but me having a PS3 I can't think about not having atleast 1 1080p screen at home. at there's alot of games that give 1080p picture.

Links to my rides :
                        1992 Accord EX*
                        1990 Accord EX
                        1991 Accord SE (4th)
                        1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                        1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                        1991 Accord SE

Comment

WOW! This is very good info to know about both makes.I make up my mind on what to get then i read more posts and i change my mind.i guess once i go again to bestbuy ill do some more research on this matter.CONFUSING!!!!
                          We watch alot of t.v and movies and i hardly play online(ps3) so ill see what happens once i get there.

Comment

If you're a gamer, DEFINITELY get LCD.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                              Its all about LED now. Plasma and lcd is a thing of the past.
                              LCD displays use LEDs for backlights last I checked. I don't think there is an LED display.

Comment

Working...
                              X