Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I hate Honda Haterz!!! All comments please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate Honda Haterz!!! All comments please..

I have a friend that I work with and he posted a status on his facebook. It said "found on web doing a serch on strange but true facts on cars junk yards have more hondas than any other brand of car... ford is second Also more fatalities happen in honda than any other car.. you can look it up just do a bing search why would anybody want a honda?????" What do you guys have to say about this. But see he drives a Hyundai Sonata.

Perhaps because a shit ton of Honda's were sold in the 90's?

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      Perhaps because a shit ton of Honda's were sold in the 90's?
      This and the majority of people who bought one don't know how to drive properly. Hence, leading to more fatalities/wrecks. My 0.02 anyway.

Comment

Though this is above his head, the explanation is that he is using statistical data and drawing improper conclusions based upon it.

Take for instance the fact that only people who go to an eye doctor wear prescription glasses. Therefore, going to the optometrist makes you need glasses.

This is an incorrect conclusion based upon statistical data.

If more cars are sold of a certain brand, then yes, of course there will be more broken and more involved in wrecks. I am willing to be bet however, that if you were to view the percentage of Hondas sold in the 90s vs. whatever craptastic brand he thinks is jesus like, that are no longer operational, his viewpoint would be shown to be the fallacy that it is.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

More of those cars were sold in the 90s. The Accord, the Taurus and the Civic were some of the 90s top selling cars.

Now that they're cheaper, younger, dumber, people are able to buy them. Most are new drivers or kids trying to race. New drivers + Racers = more wrecks and fatalities.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

thats funny... Around here ... Cavalier/Sunfire outnumbers all others combined about 3 to 1

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
            dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Exactly. If Honda produces two times as many vehicles as Ford does (I'm just pulling these numbers out of the sky), of course there will be more in the junkyards.

I blame the Civic drivers. Out of all of the Hondas I see at the junkyards, 8 out of 10 are Civics, one of the other two might be an Accord and the other a CRV or Odyssey.

Fords on the other hand, I'd say a solid half are F-150s and the others being one of there eighteen different cars.

So yes the statistics are correct, just inaccurately interpreted. Case in point, why the hell do I see more early, mid, and late 90 Hondas on the road then practically any other make or model? I thought they were all in junkyards?!
              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

The only 1990 cars still on the road around my area are Honda, Toyota & the very odd Crapalier (held together with bailing wire & bondo, usually driven by a high school dropout pumping gas, thinking he's cool with tinted windows and a $200 sounds system, with the windows down so everyone can hear his blown speakers)

I'm not counting the craptacular rust bucket Ford, GMC and Chev trucks that are all over the place. They don't count as most of them are on their 3rd or 4th engine & trans swaps.

Your friend is just jealous that his choice of automotive manufacturer was probably one of the ones that shyte the bed. All because they produced to many POS cars during the 90's. Now no one want's to buy them. He's grasping at any straw and trying to twist it to make his choice in automotive manufacturer sound superior. Idiot!
                Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-30-2010, 11:42 AM.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I tried telling him that most hondas on the road now have high mileage on them. And still going strong. His Hyundai would def not last as long a a honda regardless of the age or mileage..

Comment

Originally posted by peanut07 View Post
                    His Hyundai would def not last as long a a honda regardless of the age or mileage..
                    I wouldn't go as far as saying that it def could not last as long. My in-laws sold their 1990 Sonata with 240k on the original drive train. It didn't make a sound or burn any oil. Had the typical body cancer but other than that it was in good running order.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

What we need is

Ammount of hondas : Ammount of wrecks involving hondas

Ammount of fords : ammount of wrecks involving fords

What your freind just said could also be used to say

" Ferraris are safe because you never hear about them getting into accidents "

Comment

lol then you have to watch this
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I hate people who add a "z" where an "s" is suppose to be.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                            I hate people who add a "z" where an "s" is suppose to be.
                            Are you sure about that? Cuz it was pretty hip in the 90s...
                            Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

last time I check, it was 2010.

Someone called me old today, so I know we aint livin' it up in the 90's...

Comment

Working...
                              X