Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1000 mile round trip Nurburgring checks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 mile round trip Nurburgring checks?

Hey guys, well im off to the Nurburgring in germany (google it if u dont know) its going to be amazing 500miles convoying split with a ferry crossing midway from UK to France, 2 days of track time, then return back.

Question is what checks/things i should do etc to be sure that my cb will make the 1000miles and 2 days on race track in perfect condition?

im going for 4 days

cheers
    Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 09-08-2010, 08:11 PM.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

but cause i would like to know these answers also

Comment

Sweet dude! I want to bring my car there! i didn't get to check that out when I was in Germany

Comment

I just took a 1300 mile trip and didn't even think to check anything before a I left.

If you're on track with general preventive maintenance, i.e. fluids topped off, belts in good shape, tires and brake pads not overworn, then there really shouldn't be a problem with the trip. The thing to be more concerned about is the racing. As for that, I'm sure there are a bunch of pre-racing check lists you can google for.

Here's a response for "pre-race check list"

http://racingarticles.com/article_racing-35.html

Comment

i am so jealous of you right now
          that place has been a dream to me since i first played it on forza for original xbox

well i hope everything goes well for you and be safe don't push the car to hard
          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Not advice, but please be sure to get a pic of you going around the carousel and post it up on here! Enjoy!

Comment

i have no idea what to tell you but im jealous lol. i saw an old episode of top gear today when Jeremy Clarkson was trying to get a diesel Jag around the ring in under 10min and i suggest your bring a stop watch and lots of patience. also, try to research the course before hand so you know the twists and turns (unless you already have)

i'm so jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                I just took a 1300 mile trip and didn't even think to check anything before a I left.

If you're on track with general preventive maintenance, i.e. fluids topped off, belts in good shape, tires and brake pads not overworn, then there really shouldn't be a problem with the trip. The thing to be more concerned about is the racing. As for that, I'm sure there are a bunch of pre-racing check lists you can google for.

Here's a response for "pre-race check list"

http://racingarticles.com/article_racing-35.html

thanks, and ill check that link out.

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
                Not advice, but please be sure to get a pic of you going around the carousel and post it up on here! Enjoy!
                I shall be taking pics and i shall post up dont you guys worry

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Wow sir, congrats to you.

That is quite an accomplishment.

I am thrilled to see the pics, you cb is hella clean.

Make sure your pics are like 1200x1200 lol so we can put one in the yearly calendar

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
                    thanks, and ill check that link out.

I shall be taking pics and i shall post up dont you guys worry
                    Fantastic, but I believe there's a photographer that camps out at the carousel and other areas that will sell you a pic of you driving your car around there. Would be pretty sweet to have! Have fun!

Comment

You lucky bastard

psn: KoRn_LuVr

Comment

Originally posted by Racer_XXX View Post
                        You lucky bastard
                        x2 if only shipping my car wasnt such a hassle

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Well anyone who knows anything about that track now officially hates you and is jealous of you! Best of luck mate

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Right guys im back from the ring! i shall get some pics up tonight stay tuned

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

pics here: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165688

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Working...
                              X