Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What are some average MPG people are getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some average MPG people are getting?

I've been reading around and most posters seem to get 25 mpg and greater. I'm only getting 23
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

i'm getting 30-32mpg. highest this summer was 34.

it's all how you drive.
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

How? Are you doing all highway?
      I'm getting slightly better than edmunds: http://www.edmunds.com/used/1993/hon...559/specs.html
      MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

26 with 89 grade chevron
        SwaggerJacker

Comment

Anyone know how much further you can drive after the gas needle gets to the red mark. Just curious in case of emergency. Thanks.
          SwaggerJacker

Comment

i'd say 75% highway. i mainly drive like a grandfather (except when merging during rush hour)(and corners, but that won't effect fuel economy much). i set the cruise at 60mph on the highway. tires inflated to 39psi (tire max 45).

take a gander here:
            http://ecomodder.com/forum/EM-hyperm...ecodriving.php
            Last edited by mtnbikaah; 11-30-2010, 06:00 PM.
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Project_x: I've run out of gas completely once. I was trying to see how far it would go. That's when I figured out my gas light didn't work! I usually aim to be at 200 miles at the halfway mark. I start getting worried at 300 and usually go to 360. I always have 2 gallons left(except last time, put 15.5 in) with a mix of city and mostly highway. I set my cruise control at 80, which is actually 75.5. So I think for a mix you max should be 380 or 400. Most highway is 415 and still had 2 gallons left!

mtnbikaah: Cornering at high speeds is fun, because it doesn't affect my mpg's and it scares my friends. I read to 25 on your list. I've actually been doing most of that.
              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                Project_x: I've run out of gas completely once. I was trying to see how far it would go. That's when I figured out my gas light didn't work! I usually aim to be at 200 miles at the halfway mark. I start getting worried at 300 and usually go to 360. I always have 2 gallons left(except last time, put 15.5 in) with a mix of city and mostly highway. I set my cruise control at 80, which is actually 75.5. So I think for a mix you max should be 380 or 400. Most highway is 415 and still had 2 gallons left!

mtnbikaah: Cornering at high speeds is fun, because it doesn't affect my mpg's and it scares my friends. I read to 25 on your list. I've actually been doing most of that.
                How do you keep track? Are you resetting your trip odometer after every fill up or jotting it down and doing the math?
                SwaggerJacker

Comment

I use aCar for my phone. Just tell it my maintenance costs and gas costs. Calculates everything for me. http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...acar-zACt.aspx
                  MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                    I usually aim to be at 200 miles at the halfway mark.
                    i aim for 320 at the "halfway mark" (which isn't halfway at all).

SLOW DOWN. it will help your fuel economy... what are the speed limits in michigan??? in MA the max 65..... i still go 60. i can set my cruise control during rush hour and sometimes make it to work without having to turn it off! it's actually quite relaxing.

Comment

I'm not actually sure.
                      Going from 80 to 60 is a HUGE step! Especially since when people pass me I feel the (uncontrollable) urge to catch up and stay in the lead. I can usually set my cc at 80 at keep it there. (80 is actually 75.5)
                      I think next tank I'll try it your way. It's gonna be extremely difficult.

Edit: I think the highway (I-75) is 70, I do know all the smaller roads though. Why do you think I bought a super awesome radar detector?
                      MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

it takes patience to drive slowly at first. took about a week before it felt normal....

there are lots of other factors that affect fuel economy.

tire pressure is a big one. as i mentioned before i do 39psi on my summer tires (just put new snows on over the weekend, so i haven't done any calculating with those yet (185/60R15, narrrrow))

also having proper sized tires 195/60R15(nothing over-sized)

good cap/rotor, spark plugs, wires. clean air filter.

air temperature (uncontrollable), summertime you'll get better fuel economy numbers (providing you can keep the A/C off) due to the warmer air and non-winterized fuel. so don't expect big fuel economy numbers in the wintertime.

hope that helps

Comment

This is going to turn into a post-whore thread very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            No longer an issue.

First CB (1992 EX 5-speed) : 30+ mpg
                            Second CB (1992 DX auto) : 25+ mpg
                            Third CB (1992 EX H23 trans) : 26+ mpg

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              true story..
                              thoughts on a hypermiling section? within performance tech, or technical? not sure how much interest there would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X