Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Boost question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boost question

Before you read any farther: This is a question about a car in a video game. This car is not a CB7.

It's a Volvo, don't remember the exact model. Probably S60 or S80.
    Anyway, in Forza 3 you can get accurate stats about the car as you're driving it. One of them is Boost. This Volvo had almost 40 psi. Reading around, this seems unheard of. How do they do this/why haven't the boosted people here done it?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

If the people here had $1,000,000,000,000 to spend on thier motors, like we do on Forza, I'd build a 40psi handling f22a

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

40psi isn't unheard of... it just requires a heavily modified engine. Also, the size of the turbo matters.

I believe Supergenius is running about 35psi, and making about 750whp.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        40psi isn't unheard of... it just requires a heavily modified engine. Also, the size of the turbo matters.

I believe Supergenius is running about 35psi, and making about 750whp.
        Jesus Christ! On the front wheels?!?! I've gotta find this guy and see the mods he made.
        MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

high hp supras run 40 psi too.

Comment

first of all it is going to take money and knowledge as mentioned above.
            second, 40psi on a Honda engine - you are looking at an engine making almost 1000hp.

people dont run that much boost pressure on street hondas simply because it's too much. you'll have to reduce the power in lower gears or you know what will happen. should be fun on the highway, too scary though IMO

but it's not THAT uncommon. i personally haven't done anything over 300-350ish hp because I don't want to kill myself. very simple.
            also, like mentioned above, high power honda - you have to reduce power in lower gears... so why have extra power if you can't really use it on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
              40psi on a Honda engine - you are looking at an engine making almost 1000hp.

.... you'll have to reduce the power in lower gears or you know what will happen.

A 2.2 making 1000hp? These numbers are Insane!

And I don't know what will happen. I suspect the gears will be sheared off, but I don't know. I am learning fast though. This past summer I figured out what a timing belt was and just last week I realized I was mistaking my tie rod ends for ball joints
              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
                A 2.2 making 1000hp? These numbers are Insane!

And I don't know what will happen. I suspect the gears will be sheared off, but I don't know. I am learning fast though. This past summer I figured out what a timing belt was and just last week I realized I was mistaking my tie rod ends for ball joints
                yea it takes some knowledge to make big power. definitely not slapping some parts together. check out some drag hondas running 9s and even 8s in the 1/4, they make insane power and there are more and more of them which is great

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                  first of all it is going to take money and knowledge as mentioned above.
                  second, 40psi on a Honda engine - you are looking at an engine making almost 1000hp.

people dont run that much boost pressure on street hondas simply because it's too much. you'll have to reduce the power in lower gears or you know what will happen. should be fun on the highway, too scary though IMO

but it's not THAT uncommon. i personally haven't done anything over 300-350ish hp because I don't want to kill myself. very simple.
                  also, like mentioned above, high power honda - you have to reduce power in lower gears... so why have extra power if you can't really use it on the street.
                  your absolutely correct

Comment

Working...
                  X