Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1992 CB7 5spd MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 CB7 5spd MPG

Hi Everyone...

I'm just about to buy my first CB7, and I've read mixed reviews about fuel economy. It's all stock, 143k miles, 5spd, and in immaculate condition mechanically (owned and maintained by Honda Cert. Techs). What should I expect? 35mpg, or 25mpg?

Thanks,

Chris

are you asking for city, highway or mix?

you also have to remember 90's technology is no where comparable to what is available now.

Comment

i would say if any 4th gen AUTO or 5spd was to get 28mpg (mix city/hwy) that would be stellar!

My 93 accord 10th anny edition auto normally would get 360 miles (mix) on full tank. .

My 04 accord ex 2.4 auto 5psd gets 420 miles (mix) on full tank

Comment

My 5spd sedan I would regularly get 32/33mpg with about 80% highway.

My 5 spd wagon I haven't had long enough to tell, though my last tank was 30mpg. Every tank has been getting better thus far (had the car on the road since March)

Maintenance is key. Cap, rotor, wire, spark plugs/wires, clean air and fuel filters, Proper tire size and inflation, and then tuning the squiggy, organic bit behind the wheel! Coast in gear not in neutral. (uses zero gas rather than a little) Lighter right foot, using your brakes effectively uses more gas, look ahead and predict the traffic in front of you to avoid unnecessary acceleration. etc.

I could go on and on.
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Moua View Post
          i would say if any 4th gen AUTO or 5spd was to get 28mpg (mix city/hwy) that would be stellar!

My 93 accord 10th anny edition auto normally would get 360 miles (mix) on full tank.
          For a 17 gallon tank? 21 mpg? That's horrible.
          In my old sedan, I could easily go 500(city/highway) miles on a tank.
          But then again, I don't drive like a bat out of hell. (usually)

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Thank you everyone for your responses. I'm going to pick up the car on Friday. I'm pretty stoked actually. I've never owned a Honda (my dad and family always went toyota), so this will be a new adventure. In any case I think I picked the right car for my needs/budget!

Comment

I always averaged 33 mpg with my stock motor. It was a good mix of city and highway driving. After swapping to an H22A with an additional 85hp I still get 30 mpg.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by cbscandal View Post
                For a 17 gallon tank? 21 mpg? That's horrible.
                In my old sedan, I could easily go 500(city/highway) miles on a tank.
                But then again, I don't drive like a bat out of hell. (usually)
                You can't use all 17 gallons

the most i have ever put in 4 different cb7's is 14 gallons with the lights on and them running out of gas. Im pretty sure its a mis print or mis calculation because out of 4 different cb7's i have never fit 17 gallons in an absolute empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

the most i have ever put in 4 different cb7's is 14 gallons with the lights on and them running out of gas. Im pretty sure its a mis print or mis calculation because out of 4 different cb7's i have never fit 17 gallons in an absolute empty.
                  Meh, I never really paid attention. Either way, 25 mpg isn't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

I was gonna say, I always thought I had a 14 gallon tank cause I rarely put more than that in.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

i consistently put in 15.5-16 gallons into both of my cars.

My light comes on, in the wagon, with 2 gallons left. (ie 15 gallons to fill)
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                        I was gonna say, I always thought I had a 14 gallon tank cause I rarely put more than that in.
                        I just went off of what Google told me. I've never actually filled up from E.

Edit: That's what I thought. I can run my car way past E, no problem.

Comment

I have an automatic '91 EX coupe, and my max on one tank in terms of range has been 426 miles before I started sputtering going uphill. A majority of that is city-ish driving 8 miles to school and another 8 back, with occasional trips to my girl's 18 miles away, highway. I'm running on 3 cylinders spontaneously, as one of my plug wires is crapped out and all four as a set are cheapo. Just ordered NGK wires and am picking them up Friday... I hope to see an improvement. I drive pretty relaxed, slowly, and patiently, forcing my shifts as early as possible, but never above 3000. My average since March 1 of this year has been 24 MPG.
                          1991 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE
                          2014 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD ----- 2000 Honda Odyssey LX
                          2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S ------ 1994 Toyota Corolla DX
                          2001 Subaru Outback --------- 1990 Infiniti M30

Comment

i get over 400 miles to the tank I think its pretty good. mostly city too..

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                            Originally posted by keepinitclean
                            I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

I've only had my coupe a week, but the last fill I did, I got 10.1L/100KM or about 23MPG out of it. This was purely city, getting used to driving stick again and on winter tires with the front left being about 10psi low.

I know right now that I am doing better than that on this current fill. I'm getting close to 400KM (~240 miles) and not even at half a tank yet.

I'm definitely happy because it is much, much better than the mileage I was getting in my V8 Infiniti.

Comment

Working...
                              X