Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22 turbo or h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22 turbo or h22

well i have just bought another f22a1 motor to rebuild for myself( and to clean).my brother just finished his b18b1 turbo eg6 and i urging me to get rid of my motor and to go buy a healthy h22 motor.i wanna turbo my f22 but he says tht the gains that i will get from the turbo would be a waste of time since the h22 already starts around 200hp anyway.i love single cam engines and also my one of my friends in the army is currently in England where he has a 1990 accord aerodeck that has a f22a7 motor.he says that the body has terminal cancer and once he comes back to the states the car will be junked.So when he comes back i will have a a7 head,computer,injectors,and a few other parts.i just want an extra opinion on what i should go with from somebody else.thankx

I would think that if you do an h22 swap right you will probably spend $3000, and then your making 160-170whp. For $3000 you could turbo your stock f22 make 200-250whp probably pretty reliably, its really up to you.

Comment

if you want to prove to your brother that single cams are not to be taken lightly, use the f22

Comment

Tell your brother that as soon as he can show you an N/A H capable of this, you'll start considering it.

Granted, that's WAY more motor than you'll run on the street, but for the money the swap or the snail setup will cost you, you can build the F up to be more than competitive with an H without going boosted. You're building it anyway, why not build it without the turbo and then you can enjoy the look of wonder when you pop the hood and show off your N/A SOHC beast.

Comment

holy balls. I didn't realize bisimoto's cars ran like that. I knew they were fast but thats the first video I've seen of one of them.

Back on topic: Build and boost the f22! I'm in the starting phases of a built f22a myself right now. Actually just ordered my wiseco pistons a few minutes ago. f22 ftw!

Comment

Honestly, do what you want. It's your car.

Comment

ive decided to do the f22 build. i love bisimoto's f22 engine and i want to do mods like that. also since f22a7 parts dont come to easy, i think i will continue on with this motor.thanks for the opinions

Comment

I'm pretty sure the F22A7 head casting is going to be identical to the F22A1/4/6 head casting.

Comment

Its your car do what you want to do like deevergote said and from me go for what is within your budget. If its a daily driver h22 if not and you go turbo better have an extra car laying around and motor to get back and forth if shit happens. Honestly if you are want a turbo car get an srt. It gives other cars hell on the street.

Comment

Seriously there right do your desire. I have a f22 and have nice power dude the head flow is fantastic and turbo would be intense!! Its not all true about Turbo cars that there hard to drive just get a tune on it n good work on it too
                    i feel good cause i beat a 350z~

Comment

Anyone know a website that makes f22 racing engines ...this is a headache looking for single cam Honda racing engines

Comment

www.bisimoto.com

I don't see how it's a headache... half of this thread is discussing Bisimoto, and there's a video showing their professional race car, running an F22A race engine.

Comment

I went on the site and can't find it

Comment

Take your pick buttercup. http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?...ndex&cPath=5_1

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by H-TownCB7 View Post
                              I went on the site and can't find it
                              lol. spoon fed goodness.....

there is a thing called email...most pro shops like that use it...a LOT. try that.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                              Traded with: Cb7xChun
                              Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                              Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                              My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X