Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New to CB7's PLEASE HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to CB7's PLEASE HELP!!!

Ok so I just joined and just picked up this 1990 4 door CB7 as a family car since I just won full soul custody of both my kids from their crap mother. My other car is a 95 EG Hatch that iv been slowly building on for a long time now. Getting rid of my hatch was not something I was willing to do and this CB7 just kinda fell in my lap.

I got the car for 500.00 bucks and the only real dent the car has is a door ding on the rear passinger door. It has a TON OF MILES, 278K when the speedo broke and I have no clue how long its been broken.

The AC was not working but yesterday I spent 50.00 bucks on converting it to R134 and charging it and so far it "seems" to be working good.

Ok so im sure im going to need ALOT of help with this car cus I know NOTHING about CB7's!!!! I got the car for the kids and I really need help getting it to DD status as fast as I can.

So to start and what I need help with the most right now:

I can crank up the car in the morning and it runs great. Then I can kill the car and try to fire it right back up and it just turns over but wont fire up. If I let it sit for awhile I can go back outside and it will fire back up.

Lastnight it did this and the only thing I thought it could be was either a fuel filter or pump going bad. I thought I found out it was the pump when I was cranking and it didnt crank up, So I hit the filter a few times, tried and it fired up.

To me that said filter so I got the car home and threw a new filter on also throwing in new plugs, wires, and a VC gasket since it was leaking. I cranked it up after all the work and it fired right up.

I let it run for 15mins or so and she purred like a kitten. I then killed it and tried to fire it right back up to no luck. It just turned over and would not crank up again.

I got mad went inside, then an hour later went to try to crank it again and it fired right up.... At this point I REALLY dont know what to look at and im hoping yall know whats wrong with it. Any and ALL help im very thankfull for...

Also im sorry, Spelling owns me.

First off, welcome Maybe your fuel filter could be clogging. I say check it again, and maybe even check the gas tank. Did the car sit long?
    '93 LX Wagon (On the back burner)
    '92 EX Wagon (Traded)
    '93 EX Wagon (Current DD)

Comment

Welcome and congrats on the new CB. By G-town is it Galveston?lol

Well lets see first off is your check engine light on?

Comment

You're doing good so far, keep up with the investigative work! I'd suggest folding down the back seat, opening the trunk and putting your ear over the fuel pump access door while someone turns on the ignition (just don't start it). Listen for the fuel pump whining noise. As soon as it builds up substantial pressure, you won't hear the noise anymore. If you don't hear the noise when the ignition is first turned on, chances are the pump is going bad. If you do hear the noise and the car still doesn't start, I would make sure you have spark. It's possible that the coil pack stops working once the car get's warm. You may also want to check the main relay under the dash, it's a PITA to get to though. Good luck!

Comment

It is the main relay and or the ignitor. Look in the DIY section. There are write ups on both.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
          JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Nice clean purchase man.

Since you're in texas, I figure its gotta be hotter then hell right now. The symptoms you are describing sounds a lot like the fuel relay under the driver side dash. The problem is the part is old and the solder joints are coming loose from the circuit board. If you know how to solder it is a very easy and cheap fix. Google techauto and that site has diagram/photos of all the solder joints that normally need to be repaired.

Comment

welcome to the site, did you check all the relay and dont forget the main relay

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

I do want to mention that I dont here it Prime at all. I mean When my EG Primes the Rail on start up I here it, With this CB7 I cant hear it at all.

And yes there is CEL, Can someone point me to the write up on jumping it and codes so I can see what parts im replacing this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by sho_shane View Post
                  I do want to mention that I dont here it Prime at all. I mean When my EG Primes the Rail on start up I here it, With this CB7 I cant hear it at all.

And yes there is CEL, Can someone point me to the write up on jumping it and codes so I can see what parts im replacing this weekend.
                  Here ya go, http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259
                  '93 LX Wagon (On the back burner)
                  '92 EX Wagon (Traded)
                  '93 EX Wagon (Current DD)

Comment

Originally posted by sho_shane View Post

Check the cell and fix that first. To me it still sounds like the main relay, especially if you can't hear the pump come on.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

my 1991 did the same thing...it was the main relay....good luck

Comment

If it's not the main relay, try this:
                        I had this problem once before after I washed my engine. I started it up and drove to a friends house. Let it sit for a few. Tried to start it and it wouldn't. Long story short I had gotten the distributor wet.
                        I saw you did new plugs and wires. Did you check the cap?
                        Deev and I are buds

Comment

Working...
                        X