Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Everything You'll ever need to know about roof racks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakima View Post
    Well, they are the top of the line in their class.
    Who else has them?

Also, just for you I snapped one on the way into work:
    Yeah, I suppose so. Why settle with a subpar item when a better item can be purchased for a little more?

I can think of one other member, who isn't active anymore, who has that same set up. I was just looking through his pics earlier and noticed ya'll had the same attachments. Pretty cool.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      What about type G?
      Eh, I've seen his car dusty... but not dirty. I suppose there are exceptions.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

nice to see someone else is into kayaking on here. what kind do you have?
        i've got a simple little pelican pursuit 100.

edit: can you post pics of how it's attached to the car? i've never seen any close up or in person.
        Last edited by NyQuil; 08-30-2011, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NyQuil View Post
          nice to see someone else is into kayaking on here. what kind do you have?
          i've got a simple little pelican pursuit 100.

edit: can you post pics of how it's attached to the car? i've never seen any close up or in person.
          I'm not sure off the top of my head. Your kayak actually sounds familiar.
          10' long, with a ~275 lb weight capacity?

Here are some pics I found based on JoshMs search terms. I can take some in the morning, but they're all pretty much the same.

And those are from here:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=171141&page=3

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
          Yeah, I suppose so. Why settle with a subpar item when a better item can be purchased for a little more?

I can think of one other member, who isn't active anymore, who has that same set up. I was just looking through his pics earlier and noticed ya'll had the same attachments. Pretty cool.
          I have that same logic for almost everything I buy.
          Btw, for those pics, I searched: frontloader site:cb7tuner.com

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
          Looks pretty clean to me lol. Looks pretty good though.
          That's just because it's far away. I have a bunch of dust on the side.

Edit: I secretly want this added to the stickies, so ask more Rack questions.
          Last edited by Yakima; 08-30-2011, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I've had most of the roof racks.

Thule:

Yakima:

and for a cheap one just for looks you can go to Autozone I think and buy a roof rack for about 20 dollars buy a Yakima fairing about 65 dollars and you'll have a cheap roof rack for looks.

Looks like the one on the DX Accord.

I like Thule's craftsmanship over Yakima it just feels more sturdy.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
            2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

I'm glad you finally brought that up

Why are you stealing GeoffM's pictures? He has the exact pictures you posted on his MRT and his Facebook page. Don't deny it, other's have noticed it too.

Are you not good enough to take your own pictures, of YOUR own car? Do you even have a CB? Or are you just trying to whore up your post count to get into the classifieds to scam people?

Hell, I could easily go to a Mustang forum and post up some cool pics of "my" Mustang. I could talk the talk for a month or two, then part out "my" Mustang. Everyone wants to buy shit from me, so they all give me money. I don't ship out any products, well, because I don't even own a Mustang.

Is that what you're trying to do?

Oh and no offense to Mustang owners. It was just the first car that popped into my head
              Last edited by JoshM; 08-31-2011, 09:03 AM.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                I'm glad you finally brought that up

Why are you stealing GeoffM's pictures? He has the exact pictures you posted on his MRT and his Facebook page. Don't deny it, other's have noticed it too.

Are you not good enough to take your own pictures, of YOUR own car? Do you even have a CB? Or are you just trying to whore up your post count to get into the classifieds to scam people?

Hell, I could easily go to a Mustang forum and post up some cool pics of "my" Mustang. I could talk the talk for a month or two, then part out "my" Mustang. Everyone wants to buy shit from me, so they all give me money. I don't ship out any products, well, because I don't even own a Mustang.

Is that what you're trying to do?

Oh and no offense to Mustang owners. It was just the first car that popped into my head
                Because it was dark out, and those pics showed exactly what I needed.
                The ones of my rack and car are all me.

And no, I'm not selling my rack. Don't ask.
                Actually, hold on just one sec. I'll go prove it to you.

Viet_Kid: What's the weight capacity for the Thule racks? Yakima is at 125lbs.

Edit:
                Last edited by Yakima; 08-31-2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Always glad to help! Do you have any specific questions?

No? That's the new fairing. The old one is more square looking. Not a huge fan of that one either.

Daylight pics:

1999 BMW M3
                  2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                  2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                  2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Why'd you delete this thread and start a new one? This one was just getting interesting.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Is "Yak-ih-ma" or "Yah-kee-ma"..?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

do you got ne pictures from the back of it?

Comment

I'm not sure off the top of my head. Your kayak actually sounds familiar.
                          10' long, with a ~275 lb weight capacity?
                          yeah, sounds about right. i know i've had more weight than that on it before though lol.
                          me and my gf and my dog were all on it once.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakima
                            No? That's the new fairing. The old one is more square looking. Not a huge fan of that one either.

Yes, I know that's the newer one.
                            I'm saying, I like the older one better.
                            Everyone have their own taste.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

I smell..... GeoffM, only in the form of a Yak. Interesting....

Pretty Stinky I might add....

Comment

Is there shorter towers? I thought i seen some members that had the rack that sat a little closer to the roof

Comment

Working...
                                X