Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Reputation Point..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reputation Point..

Humm just saying...

this is currious but a lot of old member here dont have a lot of reputation point..

i write this thread because i see a lot of member with 50-80-100 post with 2 or 3 reputation square...

just saying... somebody can say why?

Originally posted by WhiteShift View Post
    Humm just saying...

this is currious but a lot of old member here dont have a lot of reputation point..

i write this thread because i see a lot of member with 50-80-100 post with 2 or 3 reputation square...

most OG's aren't post whores.

am i an OG yet??????????

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteShift View Post
      Humm just saying...

Reputation is given via other forum members, Technically someone could have one post and still get more Rep than Deevergote.

If people give rep, the points increase.
      The amount of posts someone has is irrelevant to Rep, Though more posts usually help because more posts usually create a higher chance of you saying something "funny" which another member may find "Rep worthy"

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

People with higher post counts, longer membership times, and higher authority on the site also carry more weight with their votes. New members don't affect rep score at all (that's when you see a gray square in a comment... no points were added or subtracted there.)

When I leave positive rep for someone, it automatically adds another green box. Likewise, if I leave negative, it takes a box away.

MOST people don't bother using the rep system. Honestly, I only implemented it because people wouldn't stop bothering me about it. They wanted it, so i gave in and allowed it. I never told anyone how to use it, because I didn't care.

I DO, however, occasionally go through the comments and ban anyone for a week that decided to flame via the rep system... since it's anonymous, that's perhaps the lowest form of flaming you could possibly do on this site. That reminds me, I haven't done that for a while. I might as well do it now!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          People with higher post counts, longer membership times, and higher authority on the site also carry more weight with their votes. New members don't affect rep score at all (that's when you see a gray square in a comment... no points were added or subtracted there.)

When I leave positive rep for someone, it automatically adds another green box. Likewise, if I leave negative, it takes a box away.

MOST people don't bother using the rep system. Honestly, I only implemented it because people wouldn't stop bothering me about it. They wanted it, so i gave in and allowed it. I never told anyone how to use it, because I didn't care.

I DO, however, occasionally go through the comments and ban anyone for a week that decided to flame via the rep system... since it's anonymous, that's perhaps the lowest form of flaming you could possibly do on this site. That reminds me, I haven't done that for a while. I might as well do it now!
          oh so that's what the grey box means.

Comment

Yeah. The frustrating thing is when someone leaves you a gray box and doesn't comment... you don't know what they meant to say by it!

Comment

I know what you mean, I haven't been here long. But I feel like I've helped some people, oh well, no love for AAPOQ

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
              BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
              Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
              CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

I think it should be used strictly for the for sale/classifieds sections. It should be used to inform people of who they are about to send money to.. I did this for my old forum, it worked out great. Kinda like the eBay rep/comment system, I beleive this is where the idea came from actually.
                Last edited by CB7_JAY91; 04-26-2012, 01:01 PM.
                Jay
                HondaLina
                91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_JAY91 View Post
                  I think it should be used strictly for the for sale/classifieds sections. It should be used to inform people of who they are about to send money to.. I did this for my old forum, it worked out great. Kinda like the eBay rep/comment system, I beleive this is where the idea came from actually.
                  Feel free to search for my previous comments on this topic... I don't feel like typing it again.

Comment

Rather not get into it with the owner, again.

Cool. I'll "search". lol
                    Last edited by CB7_JAY91; 04-26-2012, 02:01 PM.
                    Jay
                    HondaLina
                    91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

I couldn't care less what my "rep points" are!
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_JAY91 View Post
                        Was just a suggestion buddy, who asked you to type nething out?
                        Because other people have made the suggestion in the past... and a heated debate on how people think I should run my forum ensues... I don't care to get into it.

In short, there will NEVER be any sort of buying/selling feedback system on here. In fact, I'm about to start asking people not to put "vouches" in their signatures. I've seen far too many "good sellers" turn into scammers, and then their victims come to me saying "but they had good transactions with a bunch of people!"

Discussions about that make me want to remove the Classifieds section. Again.

Comment

Ok I'll browse this featureless forum with no advice or suggestions from now on, SIR.
                          Jay
                          HondaLina
                          91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Also, shouldn't the feedback of the MEMBERS matter more then what you wanna do to the site? I don't get it, you referr to the website as YOURS, always... But, its here for us? Yet, our suggestions dont matter cause, you run the forum the way you want.. LOL!!
                            Jay
                            HondaLina
                            91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Someone should close and delete this before a "heated debate" about how he should run his site, starts.
                              Jay
                              HondaLina
                              91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Working...
                              X