Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fav Feature abput your cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How my CB is rare or possibly one of the rarest oem version.

One rare feature which I have not seen or heard that it has is an OEM integrated rear window antennae. It naturally comes with no power antennae and is just like the current accord euro (shaved antennae you may say except its OEM).

I wouldn't have believed it unless I'm an owner of it and can see it with my own eyes.

On top of that its 4ws of course (besides all the rest of the JDM only features)
    Rides:

Accord
    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
      How my CB is rare or possibly one of the rarest oem version.

One rare feature which I have not seen or heard that it has is an OEM integrated rear window antennae. It naturally comes with no power antennae and is just like the current accord euro (shaved antennae you may say except its OEM).

I wouldn't have believed it unless I'm an owner of it and can see it with my own eyes.

On top of that its 4ws of course (besides all the rest of the JDM only features)
      Wait, wait, thats rare?!?! I have one!
      visit vgruk

Comment

Really?!

Wow first I heard of it.

So yours doesnt have any antennae hole?

I believe its rare as all CB's I see have the antennae visible at the rear quarter.

The only ones that don't have it are the the ones intentionally shaved by the owner (as a modificiation not factory fitment).
        Rides:

Accord

CR-X
        88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

I don't think any CB's came without the power antenna. Honda didn't start doing a stand alone integrated antenna until later.

Comment

Same here, even the cd's had powered antennae's from what I see.

But I first saw Honda apply the integrated antennae system on the prelude. Rightfully so since the Prelude was the car honda applied its latest technology to till Honda found out the people in that market didnt appreciate it and cared more about price rather than what they got. So Honda just offered the latest on the nsx and priced it higher which got more recognition. Prelude is a most underated car in my opinion.

Sorry I digressed, but I do own a cb with no antennae and its oem.
            Last edited by JDMDriver; 07-06-2012, 02:56 AM.
            Rides:

Accord

CR-X
            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

Same here, even the cd's had powered antennae's from what I see.

But I first saw Honda apply the integrated antennae system on the prelude. Rightfully so since the Prelude was the car honda applied its latest technology to till Honda found out the people in that market didnt appreciate it and cared more about price rather than what they got. So Honda just offered the latest on the nsx and priced it higher which got more recognition. Prelude is a most underated car in my opinion.

Sorry I digressed, but I do own a cb with no antennae and its oem.
              CD coupes had an integrated antenna

Honda actually started the integrated antenna on the first gen legend, the only difference is that it still had a powered antenna. The head unit picked between which antenna had the best signal.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                Ya I like that about the coupes, once they r poped open. The car looks real sporty. I don't think the tegs have that. Pretty sure anyways, don't y'all think if we had slanted winows like the dc tegra that will b kinda neat?
                Didn't know a coupe had a hatch....lol... I was talking about the fact I love it's a wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                  Didn't know a coupe had a hatch....lol... I was talking about the fact I love it's a wagon
                  they don't i have no clue what hes talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    CD coupes had an integrated antenna

Honda actually started the integrated antenna on the first gen legend, the only difference is that it still had a powered antenna. The head unit picked between which antenna had the best signal.
                    The Prelude generation I saw them in first was the 2nd gen Prelude first released 1983. First gen Legends arrived 86. Prelude's pre dates the Legend from what I see, correct me if I'm wrong.

2nd gen preludes had no alternate power antennae to choose from.

sorry if I'm wong we didnt have cd coupes in Australia but I haven't seen it on a cb accord only on my cb. I dont think its a cd rear glass as I don't have a blocked off hole or any hole for the usual antennae. The glass is a perfect fit and looks as old as the rest of the vehicle.
                    Last edited by JDMDriver; 07-06-2012, 03:38 AM.
                    Rides:

Accord

CR-X
                    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

Really?!

Wow first I heard of it.

So yours doesnt have any antennae hole?

I believe its rare as all CB's I see have the antennae visible at the rear quarter.

The only ones that don't have it are the the ones intentionally shaved by the owner (as a modificiation not factory fitment).
                      No it hasn't antenna hole it also has a factory installed car phone antennae the back windshield
                      visit vgruk

Comment

Ok, well thats a surprise, since no one ever mentioned an optional factory car phone package avail for the cb before. I may be wrong.

I 'm surprised Honda would have a factory support for a mobile phone.

Back then mobiles are so expensive and uncommon that providing an oem glass to support aftermarket in car mobile phones may not be cost effective.

Good on you for having one as I do think its rare.
                        Last edited by JDMDriver; 07-06-2012, 04:07 AM.
                        Rides:

Accord

CR-X
                        88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

Ok, well thats a surprise, since no one ever mentioned an optional factory car phone package avail for the cb before. I may be wrong.

I 'm surprised Honda would have a factory support for a mobile phone.

Back then mobiles are so expensive and uncommon that providing an oem glass to support aftermarket in car mobile phones may not be cost effective.

Good on you for having one as I do think its rare.
                          Thanks My grandparents owned the car before me and they said that the dealership installed the phone but the bill and the service is another company. My grandpa laughed when i brought it up of how awkward it was back then. He told me how pissed he would get when he would bang his knee against it when he rode in the pax seat. The antenna is still there but i took out all the hardware and put a power inverter in its place. I just can seem remove the antenna...i think it gives the car character

EDIT: It DOES have an antenna hole for the radio
                          visit vgruk

Comment

My super shiny pop-up wind deflector in my sunroof. I finally fixed it (lubed it up and trimmed the rubber stripping) so now it pops up nice and tall even though its gonna get hidden by my moonroof visor, it's nice to know it works like I want it to.
                            blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                              Thanks My grandparents owned the car before me and they said that the dealership installed the phone but the bill and the service is another company. My grandpa laughed when i brought it up of how awkward it was back then. He told me how pissed he would get when he would bang his knee against it when he rode in the pax seat. The antenna is still there but i took out all the hardware and put a power inverter in its place. I just can seem remove the antenna...i think it gives the car character

EDIT: It DOES have an antenna hole for the radio
                              I think we can say your rear windscreen is standard.

The antenna you are referring to is aftermarket (not Factory).

Most mobile phone antennaes at the time is stuck to the rear windscreen. A cable runs via the roof line connected to the antennae module internal anchor. The springy antennae is stuck on the external side (directly over the internal part with no physical connection in between).

What I have is no hole in the rear quarter fender and integrated antennae lines in the rear windscreen (not aftermarket). It looks similar to the current Accord Euro's (much like rear defroster lines but are not defrosters and live in the upper most part of the rear windscreen).

That is something which hasn't been mentioned in the forums I have read nor have seen on any Cb's before (both locally and in the internet).
                              Rides:

Accord

CR-X
                              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

It always starts and gets me to where I need to be. It is rust free and has pretty clean paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X