Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What makes a ricer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rice is a state of mind....its a type of person.....

in my opinion.....say a supercharged mustang owner pulls up next to a honda civic and the owner of the civic shows no interest in racing...if the supercharged mustang owner seems to think that a big nasty burnout is cool.....even he is a fucking ricer.....

ricers are tools who do dumb shit.....
    SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Welcome to the forum! I couldn't have said it any better then big rich. Being a ricer deals with the personality of the driver. I respect any car on the streets even if some one would say it is "rice" because that person put time and money into that car. Maybe that I'd what they like or think looks good. But once they prove they are a ricer by how they act or drive then that respect is gone. Ps great question and now you just have to get your post count up so you can post in other sections of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
        Big aluminum or whale tail wing, ugly fiberglass cheap kit, cheap crappy oversized rims, under car lighting, interior lighting mods, poor mods in general, loud fart can exhaust, fake turbo sound add on in exhaust, anything fake, all appearance no performance.... also anyone that tries to race anything on the road at stop lights. You're still in a stock motor Honda with heavy exterior addons, just becuase it looks like you are doing 200mph when standing still does not mean you can get anywhere near that because you added a big wing and body kit with ebay no-name lowering springs on blown struts.

Because race car....
        interior lighting?

if done right some interior lighting looks good, i had blue under the driver and passenger sides, they were hidden and gave a nice glow, got alot of compliments from it, and i might install them again.

Comment

"Ricer" is a matter of opinion. To some, simply driving a car of Asian origin makes you a ricer.

It's pretty universally accepted that if a car is full of low-quality, functionless, unattractive modifications, it's "rice"... but nobody is going to share exactly the same opinion of what those things are.

Comment

It's nice to hear everyone's different opinions on the topic! As stated up above, for things that make your car look faster, wouldn't a spoiler be "rice"? I was always given the impression that spoilers are only for people that actually race, but I've always wanted one anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
              rice is a state of mind....its a type of person.....

in my opinion.....say a supercharged mustang owner pulls up next to a honda civic and the owner of the civic shows no interest in racing...if the supercharged mustang owner seems to think that a big nasty burnout is cool.....even he is a fucking ricer.....

ricers are tools who do dumb shit.....
              I think this right here folks, is the exact definition.

Put this shit in the dictionary.

Comment

Actually, if you look it up in a dictionary, you'll get this:

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Actually, if you look it up in a dictionary, you'll get this:

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

And the Urban dictionary.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ricer

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                      I think this right here folks, is the exact definition.

Put this shit in the dictionary.
                      well thank you.....i do what i can. i will be here all week, please tip your waitress.
                      SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

please whatever you do, don't let what OTHER people think affect what YOU do to YOUR car....i am a car guy through and through and i would never let anyone's opinion of my car affect what i do. i personally like clean and understated instead of over the top, but that's what i like, and that's why they make a million different parts to customize our cars. just because you like one thing and others don't doesn't make it wrong

Comment

Sadly I found these.
                          Maybe if the first one was lowered and a proper track car? it could pull off the wing? but I'm pretty sure it's not...

Comment

Still if the second one had a flushmount, side markers, and red clears everyone would be fine with it

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

to me rice is to take every track parts and add them to your ride but yet you have no clue on what each part does nor do you have a clue to how to make them work together.

imho you can have a rusty junker but if you mix the right parts to that rusty junker you will still get the right props than if you go all out and buy everything password jdm has to offer you for your chassis.

so in other words rice can be the guy that is looking for baller status or a non racer that does not do track/auto x days but still wants to be spoon certified.

Current Cars
                              95 Civic Coupe - ass tons of mods but always broke.
                              90 Accord EX auto - no mods.
                              90 Accord EX 5 Speed - no mods
                              76 Datsun 280z - soon to be rb goodness.
                              90 Lexus LS400 - low and slow.
                              85 Cressida - soon to be four doors of 2jz love.

Comment

Working...
                              X