Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I realize this isn't a CB7 but... but thought you might find it interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure the DC2R in general still has real appreciation in its future, it's just that I feel $100k+ is a very long ways off; that the buyer will be sitting on it for quite some time before they see a profit. It's the FWD that gets me, when you look at what the collector car market traditionally goes after. Especially in America, FWD isn't all that well respected. And aren't the RHD Honda-branded models a hell of a lot easier to come by, with higher production numbers? But then again the Acura does have the racing pedigree with Realtime, and how seriously Honda took that project to begin with (the weight saving measures, the stitch welding, and all the rest)... this is very interesting.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-01-2022, 12:57 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

It's been almost exactly 8 years ago when I posted this and remember how amazed we were at the selling price?
      Well I've got news for you today that might shock a lot of people or maybe not given how crazy the market has gone recently.

Just came across this "inexpensive" beauty that will have many people wishing for a time machine so they could have bid on this previous one from 2015.

Here the current record holder I found on Hagery that just sold at the Amelia Island auction for...

https://insider.hagerty.com/trends/s...e-week-amelia/

My Collection:
      93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
      00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
      04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

It is interesting looking back at this post from 2015 and seeing where prices are now. What is fueling the crazy prices? The controllers agenda with AI being implemented in cars.

The loss of driver control and that control being put in the "hands" of a computer is something that most auto enthusiasts are not interested in, so we are rejecting these new AI electric appliances thus causing the price to increase on the older analog cars. Simple supply and demand economics 101. So many people not enough analog cars.

I also blame the government in salt belt states whom have literally killed millions of nice cars over the last four decades. Sadly I was one of the young ignorant people who participated in this, driving some very nice rare cars in the winter on salted roads, cars which I won't name.

Just like the performance cars / legends from the 60's and 70's became coveted classics so too now are the legends from the 90's following that same fate.

I drive Tesla cars where I work and are they fast in a straight line? Yep, but they lack soul and driver involvement. Anyone can mash the throttle in a drag race but it's not the same as choosing your own gear and hearing the sounds from the various engine components doing their job to make everything work in harmony for a magical experience.

The fact is, electric cars are not any less stressful on Earth, in terms of manufacturing, and here is the fact and truth that many people refuse to admit or will censor.... ALL electric vehicle components are mined from Earth using DIESEL machines such as Caterpillar Earth movers.

So your "green" electric car was only made possible thanks once again to ..... oil and gasoline and diesel. In fact, one of the largest mining operations of Lithium is in Australia where a giant crater is being dug so that battery manufactures can make lithium batteries for electric cars. !

Anyway, just some perspective. Economics and politics. -shrug-

Comment

I'm sure some of you have seen this but this is crazy. If it's not supply and demand then it's a color premium. $101,000 for a Cdn S2000 wearing Imola orange paint with 21K miles. !

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2007-honda-s2000-96/

Honda representing.

Comment

Gotta be a color premium. Very weird that it got that high TBH, non-CR, canadian car, mileage discrepancy noted on CARFAX, not a museum level low miles car. If it was standard S2K paint color I doubt it would have gotten bid much past 50-60K if that. I would have figured more like $30-40k, I owned two S2000s that I got when they were going for $12-15k and have been following the prices since my last one got stolen. I'd love to buy another one day but they have definitely gotten pricier and its not going to get any better.

Comment

It's crazy all around in the car world, especially for vintage, classic, and some "antique" Hondas and Toyotas. For example, this '87 Prelude with 4200 miles sold today for $79,000!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-honda-prelude-9/

We are in the middle of the new classic car era.

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornHondaSE View Post
                It's crazy all around in the car world, especially for vintage, classic, and some "antique" Hondas and Toyotas. For example, this '87 Prelude with 4200 miles sold today for $79,000!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1987-honda-prelude-9/

We are in the middle of the new classic car era.
                I think you're right about a number of things your mentioned. You can add to your list the fact that there's fear too. Fear that electric cars are increasing in sales and popularity (to some extent). Since care manufacturers announced they will cease production of ICE vehicles within the 10 years or so you could call it planned obsolescence.

So with a short time limit remaining, scarcity of supply and high fuel prices which will only keep rising as oil companies migrate to alt fuel production, the writing is on the wall. Therefore your seeing people jumping onto sites like BaT to recapture their last chance at reliving theie youth before these cars either get modded beyond recognition, trashed, or become even more expensive.

Fear and speculation leadb many too make irrational decisions and purchases. Just like the stock market if you decided to jump in while the prices are escalating, it's already too late unless your believe the market will continue to grow. And since no one can predict the future, proceed at your own peril...

My Collection:
                93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post

I think you're right about a number of things your mentioned. You can add to your list the fact that there's fear too. Fear that electric cars are increasing in sales and popularity (to some extent). Since care manufacturers announced they will cease production of ICE vehicles within the 10 years or so you could call it planned obsolescence.

So with a short time limit remaining, scarcity of supply and high fuel prices which will only keep rising as oil companies migrate to alt fuel production, the writing is on the wall. Therefore your seeing people jumping onto sites like BaT to recapture their last chance at reliving theie youth before these cars either get modded beyond recognition, trashed, or become even more expensive.

Fear and speculation leadb many too make irrational decisions and purchases. Just like the stock market if you decided to jump in while the prices are escalating, it's already too late unless your believe the market will continue to grow. And since no one can predict the future, proceed at your own peril...
                  Yeah I agree, excellent points. I have heard some random people on various websites say that we can replicate oil now. I don't doubt it.

All of the factors aside, it is exciting watching the car market.

Comment

Working...
                  X