Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Guess ill finally post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess ill finally post

Whats going on guys, new to the site. This is my second CB7.
    1992 ex F22A6 with the swap i just finished up thanks to this site. JDM T2C5 trans. Just trying to have fun with this thing as i feel they are very versatile with styling.

Welcome to the site. Pics?

I haven't heard much about the T2C5. How did you come across it?

Comment

Welcome!

The T2C5 is definitely a different transmission. Only found on the 98-01 JDM Accords with 1.8L and 2.0L engines. The gearing looks to be very close to the USDM CB transmissions, though.

Comment

Well let me say a lil more about the car Granada Black. 17 in Drag wheels (black), Ebay projector front headlights , 2 12" Kicker Comp's, Sony Double Din, Stock exhaust to a can and tip(sounds horrible), picked up the car for 1800. Recent rebuild on motor 40k currently. He couldnt afford the new trans after rebuilt the motor. 1st 2nd and 5th from mid Ohio to Chicago..Oh and without heat.... Now after picking up the car during winter I knew it was going to need some TLC so i made her the garage queen while i daily my 00 EM1, after searching around i knew an H22 trans was out of my price range at the moment so i found a place in New york selling JDM T2C5 trannys. I couldnt find much info about this specific trans but i went ahead as i was up for a challenge if i had to. The compatibility said 90-97 accords i believe. So got the trans, followed the write up TysCb7 on drilling/tapping the prelude trans to fit an accord. Finally got around to installing the trans and got everything to where i thought was right and torqued. And then went to bleed the clutch. Annnnnnnd i got nothing. I went through a big bottle of brake fluid, still to keep finding bubbles. I knew something had to be leaking somewhere. So i went back through eveything. Even re-bench bled the slave cylinder thinking i might have messed that up. Again went through half a bottle of brake fluid. And then i started to search and search the forums to find that damn Clutch Damper. There was a kink in line from the master to the clutch damp. Explains why the install went so easy cuz it was pushed up and out of the way. He told me he replaced a section of line before...but didnt say it was that one. I knew if i tried to unkink the line it was gonna break, Found that it could be easily deleted with a braided stainless steel clutch line. So purchased one, installed it, and finally went to bleed out the clutch for hopefully the last time for awhile. Had my gf help me with the bleeding so i could do it the correct way. After the 3rd attempt of not feeling pressure we were about to give up and then i told her we'd try once more and if nothing i would work on it more in the morning. Pumped, held, opened, pulled, fluid checked. And we had given up cuz the mosquitos we're killing us. Then i asked if it felt any diff and said no then said wait it wont goto the ground. For some reason it scared me but then i realized i was finally getting pressure back.! So we bled it once more and then called it quits. And thats where i am at this point. Going to bleed it out more and adjust my pedal height and take it for a spin.

Comment

I have purchased OEM headlights that I'm currently Black housing and debating a yellow high beam that can be used without blinding oncoming traffic.
          50/50 tail lights to replace OEM ones
          Ebay header
          Thinking about possibly Yonaka catback while im in Stage 1 if my plans
          Picked up a 94 Legend Sedan front Lip i wanna install
          and also the Infamous Volvo 740 front lip.
          Also i seen in the official compatibilty thread that 88 legend high beams yellow caps fit(if someone could direct me in the right direction with that, thatd be great.)
          Legend Lip, Volvo Lip, and Legend high beam caps also found at my local Pick and pull.
          New battery, AEM SRI.
          Gonna be hitting pick and pull again soon and see what other things i can find..

Comment

50/50 tail lights?

Comment

Red/clear

Comment

What makes them 50/50?

Comment

50% is red, 50% is clear. Might not be exact proportions due to the lense shapes, but the two halves are of different colors. Close enough.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Lol Deev are you in here playing games? He knows the lights you're referring to, but I think he is subtly correcting you. Red/clears is common terminology, 50/50 is like saying everything is JDM because you pulled it off a Japanese car (like my Ohio built accord for example). It's not really proper, plus they are pretty clearly NOT split 50/50...

Red/clears look nice though, I'm thinking of picking up an extra set of lights for my wagon to attempt to mod into those since there are no aftermarket lights for them.

As far as yellow high beams, you CAN use stain glass Tint on the reflector that's in your headlight. I did it this way and was very satisfied with the result. The key is to stay with some fresh headlights to keep your prep work to a minimum. I think the yellow caps you read about are for the fog lights, not the high beams.

Comment

Working...
                    X