Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hello there! New user intro post #1198588018221

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SaddleMtnMan
    replied
    Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
    Do yourself the biggest favor and get rid of that captive rotor setup and convert it to a rotor over hub setup from a 1999 Acura CL with the 2.3. It would make basic brake maintenance so much easier. Nice 1991! I can never find another clean sedan out here in New England.
    Ahhh, I appreciate the advice, but I already went through the annoying pain of doing new rotors with the captive fronts when I bought the car... and since I also don't need upgraded braking performance on a commuter, unfortunately I have no reason to be doing such a swap. It really wasn't that bad all things considered, and I do so much highway driving I almost never touch brake stuff except for normal fluid flushes.

thanks though! I hope to keep her at least rust free- "clean" doesn't really happen in my part of the world unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• HenRoc
    replied
    Do yourself the biggest favor and get rid of that captive rotor setup and convert it to a rotor over hub setup from a 1999 Acura CL with the 2.3. It would make basic brake maintenance so much easier. Nice 1991! I can never find another clean sedan out here in New England.

Leave a comment:

• SaddleMtnMan
    replied
    thanks! Reliability is understated, despite still needing normal old-car maintenance she has never stopped starting every single time I ask her to.

Leave a comment:

• UnicornHondaSE
    replied
    Looks good, these are some of the best automobiles ever made. Not too complex but with the basics and reliability to get from point A to point B comfortably and safely.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Alex13mod
    replied
    Welcome

Leave a comment:

• daovangphotos
    replied
    Minty!!!

Welcome to the board!

Replies here may be slow, and only from a few of the same active members, but rest assured, these guys that are replying, has been in the game for a long while and would be able to guide you with the correct knowledge you seek.

Leave a comment:

• SaddleMtnMan
    started a topic Hello there! New user intro post #1198588018221

Hello there! New user intro post #1198588018221

Heyo all,
    I've got a boring ol' tan 1991 LX sedan, autotragic, but with only 116k miles on it. Total grandma car, interior's mint and all the auto stuff works, just a little corner damage (and now a shitload of rock chips of course, ugh). I got it about a year ago for a steal of a deal at only $2300... had to just about beat off everyone else with a stick to get it.

All I do is 98% highway driving, and this is to-date the best car I've owned. 31mpg is pretty easy to get, even with the auto. Needed shit like all the ball joints and brakes and fluids and tires that you expect on a 31 year old car, and I dumped a few hundred bucks into audio kit, but other than the incidentals it's not skipped a beat or needed anything more than gas and oil.

I'm mostly just here to share any tidbits of info I learn as I work on it, as well as to pick y'alls brain on the weird stuff I don't understand. I come from the Subaru and farm equipment world before this (may that Forester R.I.P), so Japanese designs aren't foreign and I can reason through most mechanical stuff, but Honda certainly does.... some things differently.

couple pics for shits and giggles:

have a good week y'all!
Working...
X