Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

eBay. safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay. safe?

Simple question. Is it wise to purchase any aftermarket CB7 part from eBay? I'm looking at 1pc black projectors + jdm black bumper lenses + short ram intake + strut tower bar + M3 mirrors and I don't know if I am going to be getting garbage for the kind of prices listed on there. Overall, is it wise to purchase these types of products off of eBay? I'm really cautious about where I shop.

generic short-ram
    generic strut tower bar
    hid bulbs all around
    amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

I never have problems with ebay

Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
    MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

Well, I have heard good and bad things. I'm looking at a generic short ram intake (will add custom filter) and generic strut tower bar at the moment. Don't know if I will be getting crap for the insanely cheap prices of those items on there.

generic short-ram
      generic strut tower bar
      hid bulbs all around

Comment

they get their cash from the shipping rofl, it's like 20 bucks to ship a lightbulb probably.
        Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
        MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

make sure you are buying from reputable selles .. i got screwed a few times on ebay ... and it aint just ebay thats scams people .. evan big companies like WHEELGUYS for an example ,... its been 3 months since ive ordered some wheels .. never received them .. never received my cash ... so you just aft to watch from who ur buying from
          本田**AcCoRd**本田
          Click to see my CB7
          '90 CRX SIR - Imported from Japan --- Daily Driver
          '93 civic hatch -sold
          '98 Civic H22 Turbo -sold
          '92 Accord ExR coupe- sold
          '96 Golf- Sold
          '96 Bmw 328-Sold
          '01 Civic Si-Sold
          '99 Maxima-Sold
          '88 Crx-Sold
          '91 Accord H22-sold
          '97 Civic Coupe-Sold
          '95 Civic HB b16b-Sold
          '93 Accord-Sold
          '89 Prelude Si-Sold
          '91 Crx Si-Sold
          '93 Honda accord-Sold
          '88 Ford Exp-Rip
          '92 Tracker-Sold
          and many more lol(just dont want to take all the place lol)

Comment

I am more or less worried about the quality of the products than the sellers. For example, the cheap short ram intakes they have on there. Will those sound like an expensive intake (AEM for example) or will it be a waste of my time.

generic short-ram
            generic strut tower bar
            hid bulbs all around

Comment

Inakes corners and lights you usually dont have a problem with, but with the intakes I suggest you put a k&n filter on em and throw away the crap ebay filter they send you. The headlights are kinda iffy. My brother got a set of halo projectors for his civic a year ago and they look great and work great haven't had anyproblems. Though i have heard that alot of the ebay headlights dont have a high enough light out put because of how they are made. as for the strut bar I would stay away from ebay brands you will get a more quality part if you pay a bit more. ALWAYS ALWAYS READ THE SELLERS FEED BACK AND LOOK AT THEIR SELLER RATING. A rule of thumb i always follow if the person has less than 98% feed back I am less inclined to buy from them and make sure you get a paypal account you are very much protected via paypal. Good luck on what ever you decide!
              F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
              My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
              Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

with generic stuff like the sr intake or the strut bars you shouldnt have a problem..the intake is just a tube so there shouldnt be a real problem..the strut bars you just need to look at them closely to make sure they are the ones for our cars..there have been a few people that have recieved ones for other hondas n such because thats what was displayed in the pic of the auction...so just look carefully and you shouldnt have a problem..and only buy from ppl with great feedback..that will tell you the quality of their products

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

hahaha...DA92DB7 beat me to it...

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                  Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                  by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

Well, I was looking at the intakes just for the tubing. I didn't know if the actual AEM intakes had anything special with the tubing (AEM filter is just a regular filter lol) versus the eBay intake. Regarding strut tower bars, those generic bars on eBay don't completely support the towers. They only wrap around 50% of the tower. Decisions!

generic short-ram
                    generic strut tower bar
                    hid bulbs all around

Comment

just don't expect anything to be a real product and just a knock off and ebay is fine.

You can get some good deals but I'd suggest checking around first.

lol DSM manifolds go for 50$+ here and they go for about 25 on the bay.
                      Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

For 93 Accord EX/SE/10th edition
                        you will need to find the intake for ABS..
                        If not intake will rub with ABS modulator.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=intake+abs
                        Last edited by accordmaniac; 07-04-2006, 09:47 PM.
                        1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                        2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                        3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                        4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                        5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Thanks for that tip. I actually thought that I had the non-ABS version but I indeed have ABS on my CB7. Thank goodness I didn't order the intake yet lol.

generic short-ram
                          generic strut tower bar
                          hid bulbs all around

Comment

don't get those mirrors either, there shit, and if you do want them, ill sell you mine for 30 bucks shipped
                            .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by '93EX
                              I am more or less worried about the quality of the products than the sellers.
                              then don't get the 1pc black projectors or jdm black bumper lenses.
                              the light output really sucks on the projectors and they are poor craftsmanship. your stock headlight will out perform them. the black bumperlights are not really ''JDM'', but they're probably ok.

Will those sound like an expensive intake (AEM for example) or will it be a waste of my time.
                              it's not the intake that makes the noise, it's the engine. the factory air intake has a silencer in the bumper so you don't hear the engine noise. when you install an intake, the silencer is not part of it.

didn't know if the actual AEM intakes had anything special with the tubing (AEM filter is just a regular filter
                              AEM claims to have ''tuned'' intake tubes, which seems to be just a coating to help smooth air flow. IMO, it would only make the smallest difference if any. later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                              X