Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cons of a salvage title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cons of a salvage title?

so im looking for a car? and my homegirls homeboy told me that a salvage title isn't even worth that much that a car w/ a sallvage title can be traded into a dealer for like 1000 bucks and i really depreciates a car but i mean....would you get a car w/ a salvage title....what would be the advantage welll of course a cheaper price.....but what are the disadvantages.....i dont know if im making this clear ....but yeah let me know your htoughts on this are

i dont think a dealer would take a car with a salvage title...there isnt much they can do with it because its fuct in some way or another....

if im correct a salvage title means it was ruined by fire, flood, etc....

so the disadvanteges to you are that it is possibly not drivable, and hella expensive to fix. Going to be hard to sell it. The advantages are really if i think you make payments on a car and it gets totalled and u get a salvage title you dont make payments anymore...that i might be wrong about.

Comment

Salvage title sucks ass, my 1990 that I have now has one and Iam thinking of selling it for that reason, here is what you have to do to get one registered, 100 bucks dmv fees, 100 dollars for certified brake and light inspection, which my car will probably fail, 50 bucks for chp to do vin verification, more bullshit, and 40 for a smog which my egr passages are plugged, so Iam broke have a shitty job and no money and Iam milking the cb7 for all its got, Iam screwed, my life is screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
        i dont think a dealer would take a car with a salvage title...there isnt much they can do with it because its fuct in some way or another....

if im correct a salvage title means it was ruined by fire, flood, etc....

so the disadvanteges to you are that it is possibly not drivable, and hella expensive to fix. Going to be hard to sell it. The advantages are really if i think you make payments on a car and it gets totalled and u get a salvage title you dont make payments anymore...that i might be wrong about.

Salvage titles are normaly done when the car needs more cost in repairs then the car's value. The biggest disadvatage of a salvage title is it is hard to get full coverage on with insurance and even then if you get in a wreck you won't get anywhere near the car's value. also you would still have to make payments on the car if it was financed, its why you get cut a check from insurance to either buy another car or pay that one off and then you transfer the lean to the new car.

I don't look away from them myself as they make good beater cars since you can pick them up super cheap, plus if you know your way around you can make a salavage title vanish into a normal one.
        Last edited by Shippo; 09-29-2006, 02:38 PM.
        Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

A salvage title doesn't necessarily mean it's been wrecked by a collision/fire/flood.

The insurance company wanted to total out my brothers 94 4-Door GS-R becuase his stereo was stolen and the cost to replace his stereo by a shop would cost as much as the car was worth. (my brother obviously didn't pay full MSRP for his stereo, but insurance companies don't care if you can get deals or do the work yourself)

The car had NO damage...it was just missing the stereo and they stole his subs/DVD player and LCD's...he told them he didn't want a salvage title and took a little hit in the wallet.

Last edited by CB7_Fixer; 09-29-2006, 04:08 PM.

Old car: '91 Integra LS-Special Coupe
          New car: '95 Integra GSR sedan....Heeeeelloooo VTEC
          See my HID install

Comment

If you are looking at a more expensive car... you have to know that it'll be a pain to sell later down the road.

But if you are looking for something cheaper like a cb7, a salvaged one that doesnt have frame damage, would probably be a good buy since it would be pretty cheap.

Comment

thanks for the responses

Comment

so is there anyway to get your car into a normal title instead of it being salvaged?

Comment

if i get a car with a blown/bad motor will it have a salvage title? and can i make it a clean title once it's fixed?

Comment

Been there done that!

Originally posted by tunerman
                    if i get a car with a blown/bad motor will it have a salvage title? and can i make it a clean title once it's fixed?
                    Depends on how the motor is blown/bad, and if this was reported to the insurance company at the time.

Other then that back on the origional topic, My cb7 has a salvage title. All I can say to you as someone that has been there and done that is that if you are planning on putting any money into a CB7 or any car with a salvage title for that matter, is get used to all your upgrades being useless when it comes to your car's value. It will take a lot of upgrades to add to your car's value.

At the time that I purchased my cb7 it was all I could afford being a sophomore in HS working about 20 hours a week for minimum wage. I just needed something to get me to work, school and home again. I got my cb7 for 3500 with only 90k on the ticker, fresh paint job, and the entire rear end had been rebuilt after the lady that owned it before me was slammed in the rear passenger side quarterpanel by a 18 wheeler.

I am currently looking to sell my cb7. I am looking to get 2500 or so off of it. I have put more money into it then that so either way I am losing money on this deal. I took it to a buddy of mine that appraises cars for a living the other day and with the mileage that I have on it now right at 125k miles, and the upgrades, basic stereo, cat-back exhaust, SRI, spark plugs and wires. He only appraised it at 2500, because of the salvage title. He said that if the car did have a clean title on it that I could expect to get around 3200-3500 for it.

The salvage title is something that I would recommend you are very careful with. Make sure you know just how bad the damage was. I saw pictures of mine damaged. I cant find them now but they werent pretty. After being stuck with this salvage title for and losing money on this cb7, I would NOT reccomend buying a car with a salvage title unless you can take a hit of a grand or more to the wallet.

About the only way that I could make all the money that I have put into my CB back would be to part her out and I dont have the time, patience or the space to do that. I would stay away from the salvage title, I learned my lesson at the time and will never do the same thing again unless I can afford to take that hit in the wallet. Just my 2 cents worth. Later

Comment

i would look @ it as an option but like every1 else said-be careful. i kinda wish i wouldve bought sumthin like that. i got a 92 ex loaded, clean title, super clean car. then i pull the engine(a couple times) along w/ tranny. strip it, take all the options out, put fiberglass fenders and cf hood on it, different trunk lid cuz dont like spoilers........ how far ahead am i now by buying a clean, loaded car? just depends on wat u want long term.
                      if ur 555 then im 666

Comment

My car has a salvaged tittle, because when i was younger my car got keyed and i turned it into the insurance and they totaled it out. I was young and dumb didnt know better. My car is in perfect condition other than the tittle, but i dont ever plan on selling it so.
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I had my 90 given to me...salvage title. Was in an accident. Spent 2700 bucks gettin it on the road, and i don't regret a single dollor. Hell, I would put it through an inspection. Has over 400k on it and no problems at all. Had it "unofficially" inspected
                          (\__/)
                          (O.o )
                          (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

anyone looking for a CB7 with a salvage title? Check out mine... Click my sig pic for my members ride thread. Looking for 2500 OBO. Not trying to jack this thread but just thought it might be worth an attempt. Later

Comment

Working...
                            X