Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cb7 or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7 or no?

Im am possibly going to buy an 91 Accord EX. Actually I am possibly going to trade with a 240sx. However, the CB7 tranny has an issue, reverse won't engage. How much would it cost to fix it?

how much do you want for the 240. Also it shouldn't be a huge problem. Is it auto or manuel?

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

Dont know about the 240. It is a Manual with the SE package.

Comment

i didnt think the SE's came in manual.

Comment

No. I ment the 240 is a manual.

Comment

oh true!!

Comment

Originally posted by AZN_Pride
              Im am possibly going to buy an 91 Accord EX. Actually I am possibly going to trade with a 240sx. However, the CB7 tranny has an issue, reverse won't engage. How much would it cost to fix it?
              Well....you need to be more specific like what transmission you have on the Accord. I don't see the relevance of the 240 to you Honda problem Are you planning on fixing it yourself or by a shop? If its by a shop go shop around for the lowest price, not that hard and it seems like the only option if you are going to have a shop fix it. If you are doing it yourself you can rebuild the tranny or get a replacement.

Comment

Honestly I would keep the 240 and get the cb as well. One for play and the other as a daily driver just change the tranny in the cb.
                accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                ....................My New Baby
                SOLD TO
                ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

I cant do both. Not enough money. Plus myparents would kill me!

Comment

try and find an all honda and acura shop, when i got my engine mounts fixed they were half the price of the other guys.

Comment

Im so confused right now.

Comment

the thing is.

saying the tranny has an issue, it doesn't engage into reverse.
                        isn't enough information a number of things could be wrong.
                        so unless you get down and dirty and find the problem we can't really help you.
                        uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

if the 240 is in good shape i would go for that for sure.
                          1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

^^^ your sig is hilarious

Comment

if you love your 240, but want an Accord, just budget your funding. i only make 10 bucks an hour but i've learn to tighten my belt drastically to get all the things i want.

just for once my mother was behind me for getting a second car even though i told her it needed a decent amount of work done to it before its drivable.
                              that and i've been belly aching about not having enough space in the pick up she made me buy to learn how to drive manuel in. three people in a regular cab isn't very fun when you're having to shift in city traffic.

Comment

Working...
                              X