Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What is the accord thought to be???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the accord thought to be???

Hi, I was just wondering what the accord would be??? a family sedan, Sports car, or just a grosery go getter??? dont get me wrong I actualy think it would be uniqe to customize such a car that you dont see fixed up every day. This is why I bought one. Im just curious on what other pepole think of this car

well, mine doesnt have airbags, so not really safe. but it is your family sedan.. hence it was best selling car in america 91-93

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
    out of the game for now but looking

Comment

I think of it as a sporty family sedan that has alot of potentential.
      Originally posted by 92dm
      I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
      VOUCHES
      Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

like all hondas, the aftermarket and hybrid opportunities are there to make it whatever.

to me though, just a nice, solid family car that can be molded into anything
        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

The CB7 is a family car. It was never intended to be a sports car, and it moved more towards a luxury design for the 4th generation model (the 3rd generation was the sportiest Accord made)

They are not sports cars by any means. However, they're a great platform for modification. The suspension is quite good for a 15 year old family car, and the aftermarket is quite healthy. You can make a CB7 handle quite well, and many people are very successful in autocross with modest suspension setups. The F22A engine is very potent and has lots of potential. Thanks to Bisimoto, there is at least one source of very high quality aftermarket parts. There are many good engines that can be swapped into a CB7 to make considerable power, and those swaps are quite possibly some of the easiest and straightforward swaps you can do... to ANY car.
          Appearance wise, the lines are classic. A CB7 in really good shape can be mistaken for a much newer car. They're still an older design than anything coming out now, but they aren't "old" looking. There are a few tasteful appearance mods that can be done to make the CB7 look very sporty (though that can easily be overdone... and sadly, often is)

So, sportscar? No. It was never intended to be. Can you make it one? Sure. Do it right and you can still get 30mpg while you're getting groceries... and be able to give V8 powered sportscars a decent run at the same time!

Comment

deev, i dont know if youre ever going to read this, but quite frankly, that was the most well said thing ive read in a long time. (unless you did copy + paste) haha. But really, very well put.

A family sedan sums it up well

Comment

Nope, that was all me Rushed, even... I had to catch the last half of House!

I'm just on here WAY too much...

Comment

Wow thanks that answered my question! well my cb7 is a sleeper as some pepole see it. looks like a family car but smashes like a sports car

Comment

A practical car that's fun to drive. Honda made sure of that.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

hahha a family car is true. if only the engineers at honda back in 1990 knew that in 15 years, kids (or adults) like us would be throwing in prelude engines and whatnot. i'd love the see the looks on their faces.

THIS CAR DOES NOT BELONG TO ME SO STOP GIVING ME COMPLIMENTS!! although it is quite nice....

Vehicular Lunacy At Its Finest

Comment

Althought my daily is far from a sports car I love to see the look on peoples face when the see my sedan pulling on a new v8.

HONDA LOVE!

Comment

whatever it is, i still love it...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Deevergote said it best!

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

It's my gold digger filter.
                            When chicks see me in my CB7 they assume I have no cash and if they decide to stay with me then I know they don't want me for money.

Comment

lowering springs just came!

I just got my lowering springs in and cant wait to put them in but should I wait till I get a chamber kit or can I still drive the car around with out it for awhile???? also where can I get a front lip for my cb7???? Thanks!
                              Last edited by newjdmdriver; 06-05-2007, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X