Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What is the accord thought to be???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 2 Doors are a total sports car! I dont know how you can say "Family Car"
    Yes the 4 doors are a joke to modify, they simply not worth it. As for seating, the Coupe Accord has the largest rear leg room of many coupes I've sat in the back of. Sit in the back of an Acura RSX and you'll start to change your mind. The power of a stock Coupe is not bad at all, Stock burnouts are easy and drifting is easier. I must say, acceleration is modest, 0-60 isnt the best but try 30-80 and all of a sudden the car seems alot faster. I did 30-80 going onto a freeway and I felt more power then in my little 2.2L than I ever had before. Yea turning sucks, but hey thats why I said drifting is easier
    Yes a 4 door is NEVER a sports car, never will be, but the 2 door is a different story...

Originally Posted by deevergote
    The CB7 is a family car. It was never intended to be a sports car.

ROFL I would like to see Mugen's comment on that one
    Your man for wiring solutions!
    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

I would like to see a worthwhile Mugen part made for the CB7

The CB Accord is not a sports car in any way. The coupe is no different. The only difference with a coupe, other than the number of doors, is a VERY slightly lower and stiffer suspension. It is mechanically the same, and some years actually weighed MORE than the sedans.

Burnouts are easy in any FWD car... stomp the gas while pulling the E-brake.
      Drifting can't really happen in a FWD car, since the whole concept involves steering with the front wheels and spinning/sliding the rears. Unless you can spin your rear wheels, you aren't drifting. Powersliding, maybe...
      And with your ease of drifting and burnouts, you might want to check into getting new tires. If they break loose easily, they aren't doing what tires should be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man
        Yes the 4 doors are a joke to modify, they simply not worth it.
        To each thier own, IMO four doors are just as fun to mod as a coupe.

Comment

The owner of this site happens to own 3 sedans... two of which have over 200hp

Comment

Originally posted by urgirl4life
            To each thier own, IMO four doors are just as fun to mod as a coupe.

I dont like coupes because of the fact that when modded it dosent look as nice as a sedan. IMO! and i dont see anything funny about modding a cb7 sedan

Comment

I completely agree, I think sedans are much sexier then coupes when modded. 4 doors for more whores as mayberry would say

Comment

its the best u get what u pay for car ever!!!!!
                Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
                Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
                Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
                Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

I would like to see a worthwhile Mugen part made for the CB7

The CB Accord is not a sports car in any way. The coupe is no different. The only difference with a coupe, other than the number of doors, is a VERY slightly lower and stiffer suspension. It is mechanically the same, and some years actually weighed MORE than the sedans.

Burnouts are easy in any FWD car... stomp the gas while pulling the E-brake.
                  Drifting can't really happen in a FWD car, since the whole concept involves steering with the front wheels and spinning/sliding the rears. Unless you can spin your rear wheels, you aren't drifting. Powersliding, maybe...
                  And with your ease of drifting and burnouts, you might want to check into getting new tires. If they break loose easily, they aren't doing what tires should be doing.
                  Burnouts in my Coupe require no E-brake, hense I said really easy, plus my tires are all 4 brand new Michelin X radials. I dont see, when I drive my car, how its any different from a say Acura Integra, or RSX besides a tiny bit weaker engine, but as many people prove with the H22, these CB7 accords can fly. What is the CB7 Coupe considered in Japan? Seeing how some civics are considered a "sports car" in Japan, why not this one? I mean, in 90-93 the Japenese had a DOHC F20A 2.0SI CB7 Accord...not sporty?
                  Last edited by CB7Man; 06-19-2007, 12:33 AM.
                  Your man for wiring solutions!
                  CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                  CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Not sporty. The 2.0L requirement is for tax purposes. 2.2L engines are taxed more heavily than 2.0L engines.

The Civic and Integra are not sports cars either. The Civic is an economy car, and the Integra's original market was middle aged professional single women... not exactly the mid-life crisis sportscar market. Yet, those cars are still sportier than the CB7. We never got a "Type R" version of the CB Accord. Even the Euro R and Sir-T models were more sport-luxury than true sportscar. Honestly, I can't think of any FWD car that can be classified as a pure sports car.

The CB7 is actually Honda's first step towards making the Accord more of a luxury car. The 3rd generation Accord was the sportiest Accord ever made. The 4th generation got larger, heavier, and softer. More powerful, yes... but power doesn't mean sportscar.

Can the Accord be made to be sporty? Sure. Hell, I've seen a Cadillac CTS at a drift event! ANY car can be made to be sporty! The CB7 was not in any way designed to be a sports car, though.

Comment

Originally posted by urgirl4life
                      4 doors for more whores as mayberry would say
                      And you condone such talk?

Comment

that person who said you can't tune the 4 doors, thats sort of a blatent comment, because lots of people rock 4 doors aorund here, and IMHO, every CB is tunable, 4 doors or 2.

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
                        out of the game for now but looking

Comment

It's what you make it...

It seems like these Cb7s' were meant to be modified because mostly everything swaps so easily including the many swappable engies. Who knew that these Cb7s' would be what they are today? It seems like Honda had something up there sleeves this whole time when building these things. It's all because of enthuesist like us always snooping around lol. We owe it to ourselves for making the CB7 a popular car to drive as well as modify.

Comment

Nah, Honda is just frugal... it's cheaper to make many interchangable parts! The more parts the various models have in common, the less it costs to manufacture

Comment

Nah, Honda is just frugal... it's cheaper to make many interchangable parts! The more parts the various models have in common, the less it costs to manufacture

Comment

Originally posted by 93accord-se
                                it was the best selling car in america 90-92
                                what was the best in 93?

Comment

Working...
                                X