Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Canadian accords.. stuff you should know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian accords.. stuff you should know.

So yeah, i think some things need to be clarified here about canadian accords. I have a 90 EX with an A1 motor. my friend has a 93 LX with an A6. Both are original motors. I seen an EX-R with an A1 under the hood. I seriously think they just randomly pick and choose what motor goes where.. And i seen an EX-R SE with an A4. I think someone should look VERY deeply into this, and find out which canadian accords have what motors. It seems like i only see the A6's in the LX's and the wagons... so yeah.. share some light on this topic, cause i know im not the only accord owner thats a little wierded out on this topic.
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

and your assumption is based on one accord that probably had the stock motor replaced

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Sounds like they had them swapped. Probably something like this,

Some guy..."my motor is racking up the kms, I think i'll get it rebuilt."

other guy, "Why? I'll get ya one from the junkyard with less kms for like $500..."

And they end up with another engine. Or they wanted a little more power.

Anyways, I've got a 1991 EX-R with the A4.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Occasionally a US LX or Canadian EX rolled away from the factory with an A6. I've seen it on occasion. The lesser motors in the EX-R and SE shouldn't be, since those cars were more expensive partially due to the extra horsepower. They are definitely A1/A4 engines, and not just blocks? The blocks are the same as the A6, it's just the stuff bolted to them that matters.

If they're not swaps, that would be an interesting find...

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
          and your assumption is based on one accord that probably had the stock motor replaced
          what all do the canadian accords have on them that u.s. doesnt have? did you guys have heated mirrors? seats?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

shit i dunno man my 92 exr doenst have heated anything

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I was told a while back that my car was canadian because of my tails:

Its a 1991 lx with an a1. No heated mirrors, no heated seats...nothing special that I know of.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

SOME canadian accords were introduced in 92-93 with a heated mirrors and power heated seats, however i have yet to find a power heated seat. I seen the mirrors and was about to grab them, but i seen the harness and said EH fuck no!
                Yes i said eh... EHHHHH. From what i am seeing all canadian Wagon accords regarless of model badge came with an A6. The A6 was almost 2000$ more then the LX/EX/EX-R coupe/sedans with the A1 or A4. The A4 was the least common motor though (go figure) The A1 is by far the MOST popular. Imprinted on the engine somewhere is a partial match to the Vin number on the dash/firewall. If those numbers were to match up, that would mean the motors were FACTORY motors. However i didnt check those. I swear... canadian cars are by far the most screwed up i have ever seen in my life... There was also a Honda dealership in my city that did put an H22 swap /H23 swap at the time. That costed approxamatly 19,000+taxes. Average Accords (LX and DX) costed a meer 13-14 new.

So yeah... Nothing looks the same here... I poped a hood at my local junker, and it was a prelude 92 lude SI... with a F22A4... .WTF? poped the next one... F22B... ok thats cool.... Next one had a fuckin K24 swapped in it... yes... a K24... took me a second to catch my breath... but yes... it was a K24... but the motor had a bent rod, and the cam's were pretty twisted up...

So yeah, i dont know where exactly im going with this, but i guess im just saying, dont assume what engine someone has based on their badges... Even if its stock, it seems like its always different no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91
                  I was told a while back that my car was canadian because of my tails:

Its a 1991 lx with an a1. No heated mirrors, no heated seats...nothing special that I know of.
                  No thats not a *canadian rear tail light*
                  All tail lights are the same from 90-91 92-93. And Canadian accords were NEVER... i will repeat... NEVER sold with fog lights.

Comment

Originally posted by js593
                    All tail lights are the same from 90-91 92-93 And Canadian accords were NEVER... i will repeat... NEVER sold with fog lights.
                    first, tail lights from a 90-91 are different than the 92-93, please refer to the pictorial difference thread located: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21193

second, my car is from Canada, and it WAS sold with fog lights

third, i have an A6 in my 91 EXR
                    Last edited by ontarioEXR; 01-02-2008, 10:25 PM.

Comment

ahhh, I was told that since it had that black line across the middle, it was candian...ah boo no originality from my accord then haha

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

my car is an 10th anne and although its not canadian it was supposed to have something other than a DX motor but it has a DX motor. At most I should have a LX motor since I am ATLEAST at LX level considering the speaker pods and options that I have. Oh and too top it off just to be an anus honda gave me the EX auto trans mount.

Comment

Originally posted by js593
                          All tail lights are the same from 90-91 92-93. And Canadian accords were NEVER... i will repeat... NEVER sold with fog lights.
                          buddy, i dont know where you are getting your information, but none of it is right. And where abouts can i find one of these EX-R SE accords! ! it must be some kind of super special JDM accord or something, eh?

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                          be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                            my car is an 10th anne and although its not canadian it was supposed to have something other than a DX motor but it has a DX motor. At most I should have a LX motor since I am ATLEAST at LX level considering the speaker pods and options that I have. Oh and too top it off just to be an anus honda gave me the EX auto trans mount.

The 10th anniversarry cb7 was an LX with painted moldings and special wheels, that was about the only difference. The DX and LX both came with the f22a1 stock, so thats normal for you to have a DX motor.
                            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

are you sure those accords you saw were made in the same place? they could've possibly been manufactured elsewhere and then brought there. It just doesn't sound right, Honda has never done something like that before.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X