Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

a puddle killed my engine??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lroy onDA scene
    how about a vagina?LMFAO!! jk
    lmao hey you never know!!! j/k

Comment

Originally posted by TravRMK
      I would pull all the spark plugs out, and see if you can turn it over by hand. If you can't, there is a good chance that a rod is bent or broken. If it turns over easily with the plugs still out, turn it over with the starter for a bit, should spray all the water out the spark plug holes.
      what do u mean turn it over with the starter? if you mean try starting the car, no good because it doesnt even crank.

Comment

Originally posted by ph0en1x
        lmao hey you never know!!! j/k
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by loudlowaccord
          what do u mean turn it over with the starter? if you mean try starting the car, no good because it doesnt even crank.
          can anybody else answer that for me ?? plzzz

Comment

Yes crank it over with the starter. But since you say it doesn't crank does it have power? (are the headlights bright?)
            does the starter click or grind?

Out of curiosity what is your oil level at? If the cyls did fill with water then it would seep down the rings and be in the oil thus resulting in higher then normal oil level.

Take the plugs out and get a ratchet and try and turn the motor over by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by loudlowaccord
              can anybody else answer that for me ?? plzzz
              he means crank it with the key, if its not doing anything that means its seized, if you dont have any marvel oil, use like a really thin oil and try to work it free turning it by hand. "make sure all the water is out or itll make it more difficult

Comment

Originally posted by Opticon
                he means crank it with the key, if its not doing anything that means its seized, if you dont have any marvel oil, use like a really thin oil and try to work it free turning it by hand. "make sure all the water is out or itll make it more difficult
                ya it doesnt crank at all if i turn the key it jus makes a weird whining sound that really quiet tho and by turning the engine over with a wrench u mean i turn the cam?? and by the way sorry if im asking too many/ or stupid questions , i just dnt know much bout this stuff yet.

Comment

there should be a pulley at the bottom of your motor with a 19mm bolt. turn that to spin the motor.

Comment

Get a new engine. If you hydrolocked, it's done. It's not "wet". It doesn't need to have the water sucked out. What happened to that engine is about the same as sucking up a brick. It won't crank because your internals look as if a bomb went off in there.

Do this. Fill your bathtub with water. Kneel down next to the tub. Raise your arm over your head, and bring your hand down into that water with all your strength. Stings, right? The harder it hits, the harder the water seems. Bellyflop off a bridge, and hitting water is like hitting cement. And this is when the water can be displaced... as in, it'll splash away from the impact.

Now, put that in the context of your engine. Rather than the speed of your arm from over your head, you have pistons going up and down at least 700-1000 times per minute... probably a lot more if you were driving. That means your pistons were probably going up and down about 40 times a second. That is VERY fast.
                    Unlike your tub, where the water can splash, the water you sucked into your combustion chambers has nowhere to go. The pistons try to compress it. The combustion chamber and the action of the piston is designed to take air and a vaporized fuel mixture that takes up this much space |________| and squish it down to take up this much space |_|. It can do that to gas. Liquid is like compressing a brick.

Also take into account the significant cooling ability of water. In that incredibly hot combustion chamber, the instant cooling of the internals will cause them to become even more brittle. Add that to the pressure of trying to compress the water, and you just destroyed the entire engine.

Pull it out. I bet you'll find a hole in the block. Pull the head to find bent valves, cracked pistons, and who knows what other sorts of carnage.

Hydrolock is one of the few things that cannot be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      Get a new engine. If you hydrolocked, it's done. It's not "wet". It doesn't need to have the water sucked out. What happened to that engine is about the same as sucking up a brick. It won't crank because your internals look as if a bomb went off in there.

Do this. Fill your bathtub with water. Kneel down next to the tub. Raise your arm over your head, and bring your hand down into that water with all your strength. Stings, right? The harder it hits, the harder the water seems. Bellyflop off a bridge, and hitting water is like hitting cement. And this is when the water can be displaced... as in, it'll splash away from the impact.

Now, put that in the context of your engine. Rather than the speed of your arm from over your head, you have pistons going up and down at least 700-1000 times per minute... probably a lot more if you were driving. That means your pistons were probably going up and down about 40 times a second. That is VERY fast.
                      Unlike your tub, where the water can splash, the water you sucked into your combustion chambers has nowhere to go. The pistons try to compress it. The combustion chamber and the action of the piston is designed to take air and a vaporized fuel mixture that takes up this much space |________| and squish it down to take up this much space |_|. It can do that to gas. Liquid is like compressing a brick.

Also take into account the significant cooling ability of water. In that incredibly hot combustion chamber, the instant cooling of the internals will cause them to become even more brittle. Add that to the pressure of trying to compress the water, and you just destroyed the entire engine.

Pull it out. I bet you'll find a hole in the block. Pull the head to find bent valves, cracked pistons, and who knows what other sorts of carnage.

Hydrolock is one of the few things that cannot be fixed.
                      ok i was pretty excited to go work on my car today pretty confident ill get her running until this and ur the only person so far that said i cnt save it so but u still brough tall my hopes down so thnx

Comment

If you think you can save it, go ahead. You say I brought your hopes down. I say I just saved you from wasting a day. If you'd rather follow the advice of people that don't know what they're talking about, go ahead. I won't stop you.

If you want to work on your car today, go get an engine hoist. Go get another engine... and install it.

Comment

This thread is funny..

"just suck the water out! you'll be fine!"

You know, the bent rods wont affect anything.

Take it from someone who has been through this, if you sucked up enough water to stop the engine, there is a good chance at least 1 of your rods now looks like a bananna. I can show you a picture if you need proof.

Talk to your insurance company. When I hydrolocked they covered it in Full under comprehensive. I was able to score a new TypeR engine for my teggie with the money they gave me.

Keep in mind though that my car was a 2001, and was about $500.00 away from being "totaled", so since you're car is much older, they probably wont touch it.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Most people don't put full coverage on a 15-18 year old "beater", unfortunately. I don't even have it on mine. Of course, I live in NJ, where insurance is insane... when it's cheaper elsewhere, maybe people do. Of course, an F22A is cheaper than most insurance deductibles anyway.

If the starter makes a noise and the motor won't crank, it's toast.

Comment

Water is an incompressible liquid.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                              Honda Accord Euro-R
                              Honda Odyssey Absolute
                              Honda City I-DSi
                              Honda Stream

Comment

i would listen to dev he knows his stuff
                                Accord SE

93se
                                Members Ride
                                Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                                Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Working...
                                X