Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Any Way To Get To 300hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Way To Get To 300hp

I already asked once how much hp could i get from an NA build Prelude Type S engine. But now i just wanna know is there any way i could get to 300hp or at least close to that without replacing everything? And also what could be done to accell to 300nm?

where there's money there's a way so yes you can get close to that. but how do you gain more hp? tune and build. fine tuning your car wont give you the extra hp like you want. so replacing stuff with betters parts is what your gunna have to do. these engines were really made to race and have have some huge output. they were made for daily drivers who occasionally get spirited sometimes when they drive. so no you cant do it without replacing everything.
    good luck in your car man look forward to see what direction you take it.

^^^^ me trying to kill myself after i saw the gas prices.

MY H22 COUPE ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=75025

Comment

X2 first question is how much money do you have?
      Yes you can get 300hp - You could even get 500hp But how much money are you willing to shell out?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by BLKWLF
        I already asked once how much hp could i get from an NA build Prelude Type S engine. But now i just wanna know is there any way i could get to 300hp or at least close to that without replacing everything? And also what could be done to accell to 300nm?
        aahhh, no

you see these motors have like 220 stock hp. and a nice tune will probably give you 230. tops.

you have to replace....

block: pistons, rods, crank (stroke to 2.4l), main bearings
        head: 1mm over forged valves, springs, retainers, cams, cam gear, port and polish job.
        bolt ons: skunk2 or ITB intake manifold, bored throttle body, custom header back exhaust system, ignition setup, lightweight pulleys, lightweight crank pulley.
        trans: at least a stage 1 clutch.

that should be able to get your 300hp or more with a fine tune.

ATTENTION!!! When running higher compression pistions or stroked motors need to run 93 or higher.
        Last edited by quickangel93; 03-25-2008, 09:22 AM.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Money is no issue.

Ps. Not rich just a well paid factory job

Comment

research my friend...the force is with you...
            93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Not unless boost is introduced.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter
              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                Not effectively and reliably unless boost is introduced.
                Fixed.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Whats the definition of not replacing anything makes it sound like leaving it stock or just bolt ons... IF we are talking crank hp it might be possible but doubt it. WHP definitely a big NO. As I have said before guessing power figures is pointless. The h22a has power potential being that you started with a top of the line one. But it will be meaningless IMO if you dont have a baseline to see where you stand rigiht now. After that you can gauge on what you need to do. All motor wise it is possible to push an h22 to 300hp. It just takes a lot of money and research. Last I recall 2point6 was pushing close to 300 before his engine blew.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

dark accord built a h22 with itbs and it was making close to 300whp.
                    miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                      dark accord built a h22 with itbs and it was making close to 300whp.
                      Dark_Accord turned 18 last month, doesn't even have a CB7, and isn't exactly an automotive genius (don't get me wrong, I like the guy...)

You're thinking of 2point6.

300hp, wheel or crank, will be difficult to do NA without some major work to the engine. A 220hp engine makes about 180hp to the wheels. Cams, a GOOD header (upwards of $1200 US), a good exhaust, a larger throttle body, and a good tune will probably get you a whopping 40whp more... if you're lucky. Any cam that will give decent power would require an upgraded valvetrain, which would require the head to come off... so either you take that much apart, or get a mild "stage 1" cam... which, if you're starting with the Type S, won't give you much of a gain, if any. If you do remove the head for a valvetrain upgrade, it'd be beneficial to do some port and polish work, as well as a 3 or 5 angle valve job. Then, once you have a nicely flowing head and wild cams, you'll need to rev higher than the stock redline to make the most of it... Do that on a stock bottom end, and you could find yourself with stretched rod bolts or spun bearings. Even a Type S engine is fairly old to be revved higher than intended too often! To prevent this, you'd want to upgrade the internals... At least new rods and pistons (aftermarket rods don't usually work with stock pistons). If you're going to do all that, you'd be limited in your piston choices because of the FRM sleeves in the block... so resleeving would be a smart thing to do. If you resleeve, you might as well increase the bore to up the displacement! If you're doing that, you might as well use the F22 crank to add even more displacement (As you can see, I'm pretty much re-creating 2point6's engine at this point...)

After simple bolt-ons, the heavy stuff is all tightly connected. Do one part, you should keep going with the rest.

Turbo would be a great option to get to 300hp. Especially if you're talking crank hp, as 300 at the crank is done VERY easily with stock internals using a turbo... as long as the turbo is properly sized, and the ECU is tuned properly.

However, the 11.0:1 compression ratio in the Type S is NOT a good choice for turbo... As I said before, if you want to go the stock-internal turbo route, sticking to the F22A would honestly be the best option.

Nitrous, of course, is another option. As with turbo, the high compression of the Type S would make it risky to go above a 50 shot... but it's something to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Dark_Accord turned 18 last month, doesn't even have a CB7, and isn't exactly an automotive genius (don't get me wrong, I like the guy...)

You're thinking of 2point6.

300hp, wheel or crank, will be difficult to do NA without some major work to the engine. A 220hp engine makes about 180hp to the wheels. Cams, a GOOD header (upwards of $1200 US), a good exhaust, a larger throttle body, and a good tune will probably get you a whopping 40whp more... if you're lucky. Any cam that will give decent power would require an upgraded valvetrain, which would require the head to come off... so either you take that much apart, or get a mild "stage 1" cam... which, if you're starting with the Type S, won't give you much of a gain, if any. If you do remove the head for a valvetrain upgrade, it'd be beneficial to do some port and polish work, as well as a 3 or 5 angle valve job. Then, once you have a nicely flowing head and wild cams, you'll need to rev higher than the stock redline to make the most of it... Do that on a stock bottom end, and you could find yourself with stretched rod bolts or spun bearings. Even a Type S engine is fairly old to be revved higher than intended too often! To prevent this, you'd want to upgrade the internals... At least new rods and pistons (aftermarket rods don't usually work with stock pistons). If you're going to do all that, you'd be limited in your piston choices because of the FRM sleeves in the block... so resleeving would be a smart thing to do. If you resleeve, you might as well increase the bore to up the displacement! If you're doing that, you might as well use the F22 crank to add even more displacement (As you can see, I'm pretty much re-creating 2point6's engine at this point...)

After simple bolt-ons, the heavy stuff is all tightly connected. Do one part, you should keep going with the rest.

Turbo would be a great option to get to 300hp. Especially if you're talking crank hp, as 300 at the crank is done VERY easily with stock internals using a turbo... as long as the turbo is properly sized, and the ECU is tuned properly.

However, the 11.0:1 compression ratio in the Type S is NOT a good choice for turbo... As I said before, if you want to go the stock-internal turbo route, sticking to the F22A would honestly be the best option.

Nitrous, of course, is another option. As with turbo, the high compression of the Type S would make it risky to go above a 50 shot... but it's something to consider.

No Mike, im talking about dark accord from back in the day, who is 22 and owned a accord and now owns a S2K.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/member.php?userid=5417
                        miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                          No Mike, im talking about dark accord from back in the day, who is 22 and owned a accord and now owns a S2K.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/member.php?userid=5417
                          His MR says he was only making 240-50. He expected 280 after some head work. But then it looks like he parted it all out before doing the head

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
                            His MR says he was only making 240-50. He expected 280 after some head work. But then it looks like he parted it all out before doing the head
                            i dont see his hp in his MR. im pretty sure he was doing more than 250hp to the wheels. he had alot of work done, like those itbs he installed. yea sucks he just sold the car.
                            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Ah, ok. I don't even remember seeing him around! I wouldn't have changed CAH's name to dark_accord if I had known!

Comment

Working...
                              X