Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Window Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Problem

My driver side window is going down about 2 inches then it stops and there is a grinding and clicking noise. Anyone know what this problem is and how to fix it? Im stuck, I just spent all afternoon trying to figure it out and cant. Open to any suggestions, dont want to take it to the shop again.

i'd try lubing up the run channels with silicone. other than that, it's probably the window regulator. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
      i'd try lubing up the run channels with silicone. other than that, it's probably the window regulator. later.
      Like TypeG said It's your window regulator. All Honda's especially cb7's are notorious for having window regulator problems. Go to the junkyard and get a replacement because dealerships will charge you way overprice for a new one.
      "form follows function."
      Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man
        Like TypeG said It's your window regulator. All Honda's especially cb7's are notorious for having window regulator problems. Go to the junkyard and get a replacement because dealerships will charge you way overprice for a new one.
        I couldn't find any at my junk yards, so I hit up Dr. Autoparts on eBay. Cheap price, great part. Bought it a year ago, and it is still working fine

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man
          Ditto.
          I have to install mine because it's been raining so much that I don't want to start and get rained out halfway through.
          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
          ><((((º>

Comment

Window regulator

On my coupe, the regulator's motor seems to be functioning, but it's still grinding in certain spots ( the window goes up and down in some places) When I push up on the window regulator, after the window jams, there is some movement. Is there any way I can repair this?

Comment

there is a semi circle gear full of teeth that the motor moves up and down. Like a starter to a flywheel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-...3286.m20.l1116

that's what it looks like.

the teeth wear out over time (that's why your mother always yelled at you as a kid when you would push the window switch up and down over and over again)

I recommend Dr. Auto Parts on eBay. It's under 50 shipped and works fine

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

im having problems with my rear passenger window also the only problem is my cb7 is a dx and is hard to find parts for it the window goes down and i believe is out of track nobody that i have talk to know how to fix it or know was wrong with it... it'll suck if i have to take it to the Honda dealership to get it fixed
                http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=107733305

Comment

Originally posted by HondaMami
                  im having problems with my rear passenger window also the only problem is my cb7 is a dx and is hard to find parts for it the window goes down and i believe is out of track nobody that i have talk to know how to fix it or know was wrong with it... it'll suck if i have to take it to the Honda dealership to get it fixed
                  did you take off the panel abd take a look around?

It'd be worth it, it takes a matter of seconds to take off your panel, and visually inspect the guts to see if the window's off track, or some guide is broken.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

I am having problems with my windows as well. For the thriftier of the users with sedans, would it be possible to swap the from and rear tracks out? The drivers window goes down all the way, but its unreliable and slow as hell. Or is changing it a challenging job that is easier to just order parts for and do once?

Comment

sometimes the regulator comes apart, making the window get stuck

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann
                        I am having problems with my windows as well. For the thriftier of the users with sedans, would it be possible to swap the from and rear tracks out? The drivers window goes down all the way, but its unreliable and slow as hell. Or is changing it a challenging job that is easier to just order parts for and do once?
                        Are you asking if it is worth it to put the rear track in the front and visa versa?

If so, they are different tracks I believe. It is worth it to buy a new one. It is semi difficult at first, but once you do it the first time, it is a snap.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91
                          did you take off the panel abd take a look around?

It'd be worth it, it takes a matter of seconds to take off your panel, and visually inspect the guts to see if the window's off track, or some guide is broken.
                          yea i actually took the panel off and looked at it and had other ppl that know bout cars look at it but noone seems to come up with anything im not sure if the bracket is broken... what actually happen was that my boy instead of putting the window all the way down he left it up a lil mayb a inch and he sat on the window ever since than u have to pull up the window to close it i try not letting no one put it down but it goes down on its own...
                          http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=107733305

Comment

my best bet is that the regulator was not built to support a human being's weight...only a window pane. Probably jammed the gears, or broke some teeth.

That's my best guess

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by HondaMami
                              he left it up a lil mayb a inch and he sat on the window

Ouch. That sounds really uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                              X