Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension suggestions

I'm new to this car stuff and I don't know squat about suspensions. I have a 96 accord lx, I'd like to have it dropped to get that cool look and a more stable vehicle for faster turning speeds I guess, but I also don't want to sacrifice comfort. I read about people getting really stiff suspensions that lets them feel every crack on the road, I don't want any of that. Does anybody recommend anything they've heard of or tried?

You can't go wrong with Tokico HP shocks and Tein S-Tech spring combo.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Sachs, Bilstein or Koni would be my choices... So some research in this forum and you will find a wealth of information. Also you may want to go the the CD forum which applies to your specific vehicle.

FYI: http://www.bilstein.com/mistore/ymm_...reYMM=storeYMM
      Verde's clean 92 CB7

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I'll definitely look into the tokico hp and tein s-tech combo, any other suggestions anybody?

Comment

Also depends how much you want to spend.
          I just got a set of Tein type HA coilovers with adjustable dampers. They are firm but not solid as some people seem to like there suspension - You can adjust them 16 levels of damping, and get them revalved to suit different settings.
          Only had them in a week and I love them, one of the best things I've brought for the CB so far.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Does spring+strut = coilover?

Comment

Originally posted by che3se
              Does spring+strut = coilover?
              Coilover means adjustable hight via adjusting the bottom spring mount.
              Don't confuse a proper coilover with a sleeve type either.

Full coilover:

Sleeve coilover:

Notice how the sleeve type just slides over your shock, whereas a full coilover is incorporated with a matched shock

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

go with relatively soft springs: Tein S-Tech

sway bar kit: Suspension Technique

Relatively strong dampers: Koni Red or Yellow

European like ride.

you will always have a trade off when lowering your car. Tokico's are not the best dampers for dropping a car, I have them and they quickly ware down and offer too little dampening.
                DEVOTE

Comment

Thanks for the breakdown explanation evil demon but I'm still confused on the variety of forms that the suspension system come in. I can either get full coilovers or I can get shocks with springs that can be sleeved on (like the the tein s-techs = the springs you can put onto tokico hp/koni reds or yellow =the shocks) right? shocks/dampers/struts are the same thing?

Comment

on my old car i had tokico illumina 5 way struts with eibach sport line springs. it was a very comfortable ride. i had the front struts on 4 and the rears on 3. the eibachs are a good spring in my opinion. good ride not too bounchy and didnt feel every crack in the road. just the large ones

so either way good luck in your suspension options. there are many out there to suit different driving conditions
                    Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

Originally posted by che3se
                      Thanks for the breakdown explanation evil demon but I'm still confused on the variety of forms that the suspension system come in. I can either get full coilovers or I can get shocks with springs that can be sleeved on (like the the tein s-techs = the springs you can put onto tokico hp/koni reds or yellow =the shocks) right? shocks/dampers/struts are the same thing?
                      they come in different packages.

The suspension system consists of:

Upper mounting plate
                      spring
                      bump stop
                      damper

You can buy all these separately or you can get this in one whole package called a coilover system.

DEVOTE

Comment

so i'm thinkin of getting so tokico hp shocks and eibach springs from somebody, does that include an upper mounting plate and bump stop in there?

Comment

Working...
                        X