Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

confused about suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confused about suspension

so i want to lower my ride sometime and i was just wondering if i could leave stock struts and just get lower coilovers (if that what they are)?

any advice is helpful
    educate me about suspension

thanks
    brad

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
    cleanest oem rims ive ever seen
    Members Ride

you can run lowering springs or a coilover sleeve kit on your stock struts but i wouldnt reccomend it. it wears down your old struts faster if they arent already wore down leading to a very bouncy ride. either buy aftermarket struts designed for lowered cars and some lowering springs or a coilover sleeve kit. or.... you can get a full/real coilover kit which will replace both your stock struts and springs and you can lower the coilovers to meet your needs. if your on a budget, i suggest new struts with lowering springs. if you have the money, go with the full coilover set up.
    90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

Would a small drop like 1.5 " make much of a difference in the ride quality? And would it wear my stock struts out faster?

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

Even a small drop will wear OEM shocks out faster - They are working in a range they weren't designed for.
        I admit I dropped my car on OEM shocks, and used them for 3 years, But I don't recommend it. Now that I've gotten my new suspension, I can see the difference clear as day.
        If I'd known the difference shocks made, I would have done when I dropped it - Do it once, Do it right

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

how much are new struts and lowering springs usually???

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
          cleanest oem rims ive ever seen
          Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Brad92accord
            how much are new struts and lowering springs usually???
            decent set: $500
            DEVOTE

Comment

yea your gonna need aftermarket struts.. My boy found out the hard way.. He slammed his cb7 on stock struts and after a month the struts were done. You could take one finger and bounce the car up and down with ease.. Plus bad struts are dangerous.. All it takes is one bump, in one turn, at a high speed and you could lose control of the car

Comment

You can get Skunk2 Lowering springs and Skunk2 sport struts for about $375 shipped.

(see both cars in my sig)

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=470

Lowering FAQ 101 Thread.
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

i have a set of skunk2 springs, sitting on stock KYB shock absorbers. the ride is fine to me personally. i havent had any problems. but thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
                      decent set: $500
                      Define decent set. How long does a $500 set last and where would i get one? I've seen set's for like $1,000 but I can't afford that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteve_dan
                        Define decent set. How long does a $500 set last and where would i get one? I've seen set's for like $1,000 but I can't afford that.
                        decent being that you buy aftermarket struts and lowering springs/coilover sleeves of your choice. my personal favorite as many here are the koni struts
                        the skunk2 struts would work but the springs just dont lower enough for me, but thats just me. if you seen my car then you would understand why
                        90 EX DUMPED!!!

Comment

How much do the skunk2 struts/springs lower the car? I found some on ebay and it doesn't say the amount of drop. I'm looking for like 1.5" to 2" maximum.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteve_dan
                            How much do the skunk2 struts/springs lower the car? I found some on ebay and it doesn't say the amount of drop. I'm looking for like 1.5" to 2" maximum.
                            the ones i found on ebay say they drop it 1.75 all around. i just bought some springs and used my stock struts, i can already tell they aint gonna last long

Comment

Working...
                            X