Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a4 Block.. ok to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22a4 Block.. ok to use?

ok my block in my car is bad and i have this block to use well just wondering your opinion on what you think of it.. is it ok to use?

cylinder 1

cylinder 2

cylinder 3

cylinder 4

No one can tell from the pics, If the cylinder walls are clean and no scratches then the block may be ok. But you will have to put a head on there atleast and get a compression test.

Comment

you might as well rebuild it while its out. I understand ur block is bad and u probably need the car back and runnin but if u rebuild in real quick then you'll know it will be good when u start it up and you will get atleast another 200,000 miles out of it lol

Comment

ok well herers pics of the cylinder walls (not in order or anything)

Comment

no one?
          bump/\

Comment

This looks like a high mileage motor that's had the cylinder head off for a bit. Your best bet is to put on a new head gasket, known good head and do a leakdown test on it.

Personally I wouldn't use it. My guess is that it has over 100k on it.
            Jei Chang
            BlackTrax Performance

Comment

leakdown is the only way to go, it will also let you know if the valve job is any good on the head as well.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

are you going to rebuild it or are you just going to slap the cilinder head in there and go on with ur business??????

the engine looks ok. you gonna have to clean the shit out of the top before you put the head on.......

my suggestion to you it would be to rebuild it.......

its not hard. just get a manual and follow the steps and you should be good.
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

looks like you need to do some cleaning work. hone the walls. and put new piston rings in. also change the seals, water pump and timing belt. and your set.
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

yea i understand what you guys are saying with the rebuild but i also dont have the extra cash. Is there a cheaper way to do this or should i just tryin putin it all together and see how it runs.

Also i put my new head on my bad block well it still smoked well i just got done pullin the head off and heres the block revealing my problem.

Comment

Green! That doesn't look right to me.
                      ...cuz i got the hots for timmy0tool 1992 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by tabasco
                        Green! That doesn't look right to me.
                        no def. not lol

bump

Comment

heheha I'm a noob at this stuffs.
                          ...cuz i got the hots for timmy0tool 1992 Accord EX

Comment

ok ppl im sitting here banging my head on the wall plz let me know what i can do..

Comment

omg im gonna start crying

might as well push my cb off a cliff

Comment

Working...
                              X