Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22a4 Block.. ok to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it bogs when ur driving but revs ok when ur parked ???
    im thinkin clogged cat maybe ??

ur best bet is to slap a head on it and run a compression test, if numbers are decent call it a day an jus drive the car as it is... ive done it b4 an got an easy 50,000 miles out of a "bad block" a little extra smoke coming out your exhaust will not kill anyone... mostly all honda`s smoke ...
    I sell slightly used tires for cheap, jus pm me what u need!

Hp sells cars, Tq wins races ....
    - 95 Camaro (beast) TOTALED
    - 92 Camaro RS (fixer-upper) SOLD
    -92 Accord LX (slammed) SOLD
    - 95 Jetta (VR-SEX) CURRENT DD

Comment

lol but u gota realize we not talkin a lil smoke this is a shit ton of smoke like fried rings or something... i just hope it doesnt do it with this block we are using.

btw i dont have a cat im running wide open.

Comment

bump

Comment

bump just lookin for more opinions on the "new" block

Comment

the suggestions were already mentioned, compression or do a leak down test on the motherfucking block.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ok wed3k lol u just dont realize ive had this thing tore apart so many fucking times in the last week its crazy and im just scared im gonna have to do it again lol so anyways </END THREAD>... (until i get the results)

Comment

check the top of the block if it is within specs. check the head too.... if yes then clean everything up, use a new head gasket.... follow the sequence when putting the head bolts(use torque wrench) and you should be fine.....

if you have time. get the pistons out, clean everything up... hone the cilinders... put new piston rings.....
                install everything right and you are good to go...
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

have you tried changing the valve stem seals ???

an btw , straight pipes arent tht good for power... your engine has no back compression in the headers therefore you lose some power... your better off with a full performance exhaust , test pipe, and headers....

Comment

Originally posted by 203banshee
                    an btw , straight pipes arent tht good for power... your engine has no back compression
                    Lies.
                    wat?

Comment

have you tried changing the valve stem seals ???

an btw , straight pipes arent tht good for power... your engine has no back compression in the headers therefore you lose some power... your better off with a full performance exhaust , test pipe, and headers....
                      anything past the catalytic converter is a restriction.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

valve stem seals would be in the head correct? why would i need to change them when the head i have only has a grand on it

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                          Lies.
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          anything past the catalytic converter is a restriction.
                          uhmm both of you obviously have no idea what youre talking about... how about instead of talkin out of your butthole you prove it , put your car on a dyno with a full performance exhaust record the numbers an then take off the exhaust an put it on the dyno... i gaurantee you`ll drop in numbers

ive done it so i would know... ask any decent mechanic (not a west coast customs/ricer ) an he`ll explain this to you ...

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR
                            valve stem seals would be in the head correct? why would i need to change them when the head i have only has a grand on it
                            yea , theyre the valve stem seals , they seal the oil from going down your valve and into the cylinder (this is the most common problem in honda`s burning oil.. ) an it doesnt matter how much you have on ur head, one tiny little seal goes bad out of 32 an you`ll be burning oil ....

Comment

yea , theyre the valve stem seals , they seal the oil from going down your valve and into the cylinder (this is the most common problem in honda`s burning oil.. ) an it doesnt matter how much you have on ur head, one tiny little seal goes bad out of 32 an you`ll be burning oil ....
                              if you knew your shit, there's only 16 valve stem seals and not 32.

my example of no catalytic converter and catback system would be side exit exhausts on drag vehicles.
                              it also depends on the diameter of the tubing used and how it is stepped. granted, im talking about performance and not daily driving use.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

F22A4 block.. IMHO

I think that if you are going to do a nice built stronger motor, then you can invest in a set of darton sleeves and whatever bored desire up to a 90mm.

If it were my block and I was trying to use what I had, I would get new rod and main bearings, check the crank for any flaws, and then get a standard nice steel sleeve installed if you are on a budget, new pistons with rings. You can reuse the rods. Of course you have endless possibilities with this block..

It depends on what you are really going for..

I would keep it and rebuild..

Comment

Working...
                                X