Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

beginner mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beginner mods

sup everyone. as you can tell i am new to this site. i have a 93 accord SE that i will want to use as my daily driver. however, i cant stand leaving the car bone stock and i am not too familiar with modifying cars. i want to basically upgrade everything in the car starting with the engine.

my question is, what would be the best engine to get while leaving my car automatic? i drive a long distance in traffic and am tired of driving my manual transmission tacoma X-runner. i see that most people go with the h22. would this be the best solution even if i keep the car automatic?

h22s are good..auto or manny...i dont have one...but obviously a lot of people do and they say a lot of good stuff about it. So go with that

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
    cleanest oem rims ive ever seen
    Members Ride

Comment

would any so cal peeps be able to guide / refer me to a good autoshop where i can get a hooked up h22 and get it installed?

Comment

Originally posted by jmony55
        would any so cal peeps be able to guide / refer me to a good autoshop where i can get a hooked up h22 and get it installed?
        Yeah. How about any shops in Nor Cal, Stockton, Sactown area. And prices please.
        2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
        2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
        CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
        GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

don't start with a swap. i'd get some suspension first. seriously. you'll have a lot more fun learning your car with the f22, and then having that extra 60hp of h22 goodness later.

Comment

cold air intake from ebay ftmfw

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile
              Yeah. How about any shops in Nor Cal, Stockton, Sactown area. And prices please.
              Theres a place here in modesto that has jdm h22s for like 900. Its only the engine though. I still think that is cheap. Its called alliance motors.

Im upgrading all my suspension first. Then i will decide whether im getting a swap or building the f. All i have left to do is install all my new bushings and im getting sway bars pretty soon.

'90 Accord EX(project)
              '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
              '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by samrjr0044
                Theres a place here in modesto that has jdm h22s for like 900. Its only the engine though. I still think that is cheap. Its called alliance motors.

Im upgrading all my suspension first. Then i will decide whether im getting a swap or building the f. All i have left to do is install all my new bushings and im getting sway bars pretty soon.
                you, sir, have the right idea.

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                  don't start with a swap. i'd get some suspension first. seriously. you'll have a lot more fun learning your car with the f22, and then having that extra 60hp of h22 goodness later.
                  I agree suspension 1st everything else. but if you want a good shop look up a place called JDM concepts they did wonders for my accord.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

leave the f22 in there. the h22 and auto dont really mix too well since the h22 is way too strong for it. my auto lsd is messing up now. i know someone who went through a few too. just get a jdm dohc f22. dont have to worry about the tranny and you have the xtra ponies. but all in all i guess its how you drive and how you take care of it. i push the hell out of mine so thats my problems lol

no
                    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur
                      leave the f22 in there. the h22 and auto dont really mix too well since the h22 is way too strong for it. my auto lsd is messing up now. i know someone who went through a few too. just get a jdm dohc f22. dont have to worry about the tranny and you have the xtra ponies. but all in all i guess its how you drive and how you take care of it. i push the hell out of mine so thats my problems lol
                      an h22 auto will come with the auto h22 trans. they're just about as fast as a manual trans h22 on the highway.

Comment

never really raced another h22 so i wouldnt know

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

if your keeping it auto, i'd go for suspension components first. maybe some sounds. you can probably do the Intake/Header/Exhaust, but there is not much more you can do for an auto to get alotta power outa em

Comment

Originally posted by boricuaccord
                            if your keeping it auto, i'd go for suspension components first. maybe some sounds. you can probably do the Intake/Header/Exhaust, but there is not much more you can do for an auto to get alotta power outa em
                            Actually there is a lot you can do to an auto to get a lot of power out of them, it just depends on how much money you have to spend. I agree that suspension upgrades are a good way to start and then move to the engine, but it's all up to you.

SOLD!!
                            Boosted H22
                            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

I would listen to these guys. Get your suspension upgraded. Intake Header Exhaust, maybe a nice wheel/tire set up then worry about doing a swap.

Comment

Working...
                              X