Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I'll take acceleration for 200, Alex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take acceleration for 200, Alex

I like top speed as much as the next guy but would'nt most people rather get off the line quicker. Can anyone give me some ideas for acceleration for my 93 accord lx coupe with a f22a1? any help will be appreciated.

do you want to know basic mods you can do? Or are you looking for techniques or something...
    I AM VTEC, HEAR ME ROAR!!

Comment

basic mods

Comment

There is a write up somewhere on this.

A good start would be Intake, Headers, Exhaust.

Then maybe upgrade plugs, wires, cap.

You can swap out for the a6 manifold i believe.

More aggresive cam.

That should be a good start

Comment

+1. After that you're pretty much lookin into doing internal work & boost. Also, a good thing to consider would be a nice port & polish, and shaving the head.
          I AM VTEC, HEAR ME ROAR!!

Comment

a bitchin tilton clutch.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

for best results...h22 it

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

H23a1 intake (92-96 Prelude Si), also, F22a6 cam (92-93 aCCORD ex CAM), SRI, Header & Exhaust should get you going pretty nicely. Should be a quick 25hp, maybe a little more.

Comment

you want more TORQUE, thats what initially matters the most in acceleration. HP is good but in the upper RPMs.

Longer intake runners will do that for you. So I suggest doing the A6 IM swap w/ an H23 Plenum (top part) and Throttle body. That'll give you more usuable torque and better hwy passing power.

Also Short ram intakes give more torque than cold air intakes.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

you could get some nos yo!!!!!

no but seriously u could go nitrous if u want to go faster

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                    96 lexus sc300 DD
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

Look up my thread on making 30+hp for under $500 here in the Beginner Technical section. I lay it out pretty well.

Other than that, get a good clutch, some sticky tires, and a traction bar setup from ESP (found in the Member Shops section here on the board).

Then all you need to do is work on your driving

An H22, or a turbo setup, will also be very useful... not cheap though, and a bit more involved than bolt-on parts.

Finally, look into HondaFan81's projects. He's doing some pretty awesome stuff with the F22A.

Comment

Gearing, the M2F4 transmission from the US 93-96 Prelude VTEC offers the lowest gearing besides the super rare Accord Euro R / Type R trannies. The M2S4 (US 92-96 Prelude SI) has alot lower gearing than your stock tranny too, while not as good as the M2F4 the M2S4 is cheaper to buy and easier to find.

Comment

Working...
                        X