Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Carbon Fiber Parts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Fiber Parts??

Does anyone know where i can get a hook up on carbon fiber parts for my cb7 as in fenders, deck lid, hood, interior panels, whatever i can get thats an obvious weight reduction. i dont mean that look alike stuff either its not about looks its about the weight.

Ebay would be a good place to start. There are alot of ways to reduce weight withough shelling out tons of money for c/f. Also if you've ever felt the fenders off the car they weight barely anything. Hood/trunk would be worth it. Other than that most interior panels are plastic anyways so what are you really saving with c/f. It would endup being for looks.

Comment

A VIS hood on my car saved 22lbs

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Ya the stock hoods are pretty heavy. So are the trunks. If you've ever had to lift one up without the springs that lift it that thing weighs a ton!

Comment

good point.. maybe im goin for both looks and weight.. lol you caught me.. or maybe its just to say i have these things on the list of modifications.. who knows.. im just lookin for ideas.. obviously im not a honda guy.. i love my rx7s but i figured i would play ith this thing for a while.. all i have found on ebay where hoods...

Comment

A CF hood and trunk combined will run you about $900-$1000.

But, it will only shave off about 40-50 lbs (rough estimate).

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
              Ya the stock hoods are pretty heavy. So are the trunks. If you've ever had to lift one up without the springs that lift it that thing weighs a ton!

Hell yeah it does..... i don't have the tortion bars at all...... fuckin hurts when it falls on your back....

once i thought i was paralyzed b/c my legs went completely numb when the latch hit me in the spine.

ouch!

Sry

Comment

ebay has both. the deck lids are harder to find but i found them for about $425. the other thiing is make sure its a good c/f part. cause some c/f hoods are to thin and dont fit for crap. i would guess it would be the same for the deck lid.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
                Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Deck lids are difficult to find, and most that I know of aren't made very well... they allow exhaust fumes to enter the car, and some don't even fit properly. I had one. I had to trim it considerably to get the lights and lock to fit. Then when i went to mount it, the mounting holes were tapped in the wrong spot. I sold it to a friend that said he could deal with it. The kicker was that the weight wasn't THAT much less than the stock piece!

GOOD CF hoods are light. Cheapo hoods that have a lot of fiberglass in them aren't really worth it.

Nobody makes CF fenders for us anymore... if you find a set, they'll be used... and very expensive.

Interior pieces... you can get a CF racing seat. Everything else, if you want to save weight, just remove it!

Also, your AC stuff is pretty heavy. Yank that for free weight savings. You'll sweat off some pounds in the summer, too!

Comment

Working...
                  X