Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

would i get more mileage if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
    i think the p12 ecu plays part in it,

and dude wats your problem everyone especially deevegote answered your question
    x2 people on here are tryin to help you dont just lash out on people for no reason...especially if you dont know em...its just not cool...everyone knows adding headers and intake with no tuning kills ur mileage..common sense..more air=more fuel
    1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
    2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

I wouldn't say a short-ram would be known as more air. I see it as.....better flow. Iuno, I noticed a difference with it on. As long as you drive like a sane person though.
      98' Mustang 3V Swap
      11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by sc2dave View Post
        nah,the only part worthwhile that HE can take.
        If you don't have a 3rd gen Prelude to use any other parts from that car on, then there are no parts worth taking from it other than that steering wheel.

Go ahead. Take the ECU, the wheels, the motor... take it all. Have fun using it on the CB7.

Or you were correcting my sentence structure? I assure you... "you" wasn't directed to anyone in particular. "you" was the universal '"you" as a CB7 owner'. The 3rd gen Prelude steering wheel is the only worthwhile part for a CB7 owner to take. How's that?

Comment

Originally posted by sc2dave View Post
          run rich? how, if the O2 sensor will still run the same air/fuel ratio it's programmed to run at.
          The o2 sensor only reads oxygen content in the exhaust gas. It is not programmed to do anything. When the ECU reads more oxygen content (more/denser air means more oxygen) it gives more fuel to prevent a lean condition. It has been my experience, and the experience of others, that the ECU tends to overcompensate when the basic airflow mods are added, and you find yourself burning more fuel than necessary.

I was getting about 24mpg until I had my ECU tuned. Now I get 32. That was a stock P13, which are notorious for running rich anyway (now a chipped P28).

Comment

imo and experiences an aftermarket intake will increase your mpg if you continue to drive it the same way. it has the potential for better mileage because whats its doing is really not adding more air but your lessening your pumping losses

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

An aftermarket intake with a stock exhaust still keeps roughly the same powerband. The exhaust (and header if you add that) usually raise the powerband a bit, making it rather soggy down low. People generally rev higher with those things.

So yes, JUST an intake can cause an increase in MPG. It also doesn't create all that much more airflow, because the engine can only take in what it can push out. You'll probably still use more fuel, but due to the higher efficiency of the intake over the stock unit, it evens out (and can even be better). I know a few people with an intake only, and they DO see an increase. I saw 1mpg on my GTP as well.

Comment

I'm seeing at least 2mpg with my DYI ram intake IN THE CITY.

Haven't even gotten a chance to drive on the highway yet, so I don't know that info.

It was worth the $26 to install it for the MPG gain
                90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
                DIY ram intake
                0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
                stock alt rewound to 120amps
                optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
                fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
                2004 Jeep Liberty v6
                2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

hey not trying to thread jack but this is abotu mileage, i have headers and exhaust and i notice the drop in gas mileage soyour sayign i can get teh stock ecu tuned for better gas, and i can smell its ru nning richer then before. thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X