Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brakes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brakes!

Hi everyone, I'm going to replace my brake pads and rotors here in a few days. There are people telling me to replace the wheel bearings, some don't. I had a good deal buying everything which includes the wheel bearings. So, is it a good thing to replace the wheel bearings anyways?, is it machine pressed so i have to take it to the machine shop?. Help me out here. Thanks a bunch

Yeah it's not a bad idea especially if it's the original since day 1.
    Once the old bearings go off they will start a downfall. Happened to me once.
    Yeah it's pressed on.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Yep.... i started my own rotor replacement at home. well i didn't get them swapped and i wouldn't figure out why my right front brake was giving me this horrible sound....

i was a noob to the hub-over-rotor setup and i payed a buddy $50 to do the whole thing for me at the honda dealership my G-pa works for.

Who the fuck invented hub over rotor setups???? i wanna give them a kick.

Comment

you should go with the tasauto.com ROH setup it has all new parts bearing hub rotor and pads and all you need to know is what caliper you have to get the right one. i got it
        back at it again

Comment

the hub setup is retarded. but it is definitely not neccesary to replace them every time you do a rotor job.

if it has been a long time, or if they have never been changed since you bought the car and you have no record of it being done recently then i would say do it.

its a bitch to have to do the whole job twice when you could have done it all the first time.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
            the hub setup is retarded. but it is definitely not neccesary to replace them every time you do a rotor job.

if it has been a long time, or if they have never been changed since you bought the car and you have no record of it being done recently then i would say do it.

its a bitch to have to do the whole job twice when you could have done it all the first time.
            get the TASauto.com rotor over hub setup!!!
            back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
              could you post that just one more time please??

i didnt get it the first time you said this....

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
                could you post that just one more time please??

i didnt get it the first time you said this....
                i wanted to get my point across. lol.

but it works nicely
                back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by h22artman View Post
                  could You Post That Just One More Time Please??

I Didnt Get It The First Time You Said This....
                  Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                    Yeah but just for the front 2 its like $364

you can get all 4 for like $140

Comment

The time and effort saved with the ROH setup is WELL worth the cost. Plus, TASauto provides brand new quality parts.

If you plan on having your car long enough to change the rotors again in the future, make the investment.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                        The time and effort saved with the ROH setup is WELL worth the cost. Plus, TASauto provides brand new quality parts.

If you plan on having your car long enough to change the rotors again in the future, make the investment.
                        The $140 for a set of 4 is from TAS.

But I see what your saying about the time and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                          The $140 for a set of 4 is from TAS.

But I see what your saying about the time and effort.
                          yes 140 for the rotors and what not but then it will cost more to have the old rotors removed and then get the bearings repacked.
                          back at it again

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like its gonna be a pain in the @ss to replace the rotor (I've looked at some DIY's online), as for the wheel bearings I'm gonna take it to the machine shop. Anybody got an easier DIY to replace the rotor?. Thanks a bunch

Comment

Originally posted by goodybear View Post
                              Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like its gonna be a pain in the @ss to replace the rotor (I've looked at some DIY's online), as for the wheel bearings I'm gonna take it to the machine shop. Anybody got an easier DIY to replace the rotor?. Thanks a bunch
                              just get the roh it is ezer
                              back at it again

Comment

Working...
                              X