Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won't start

I came home yesterday and im saying goodbye to my brother and what not....and my car just shuts off...engine just stops running. I try to restart her and it rotates but doesnt try to start...tried to jump it, tried to charge the battery, checked/cleaned the spark plugs, took the distrinutor cap off and realized it was worn. YES!! thats it. go to advance and buy a new cap and rotor, pop em on.......still nothing...if anybody has any ideas anything would be a great help.
    thank you
    "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."

mayb main relay??i dunno if u have fuel or spark or what u didnt say....u said u changed the cap and rotor, the wires are in the right firing order right?if u find the ignition is working properly check the main relay, there are a lot of topics on this site about how to check it
    Lost Motion Inc. Repair and Performance Automotive

Comment

pretty sure theres fuel getting there but no spark, it cranks over and over but nothing , how do you tell if you have fuel or spark for sure? Im not all[/I] that great with cars

Comment

It could be the coil or like the other dude said a relay.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
        "The Turtle"
        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Could be the Dizzy. Also have you checked the timing belt.
          1993 Accord EX
          2011 Subaru STi

Comment

dizzy?...well when i got my car the last owner thought he blew the engine but the timing belt snapped, my father and some friends fixed it and the timing belts been off a tooth since then...dont know if that could be it...but also the button on the inside of the dist cap was broken off so is it possible that something inside the dist took damage from that??

Comment

the same thing happen to me this weekend it would start when it wanted to. it would let me go to work ,but not to lunch , and start when it was time to go home . after i home it wouldnt start againg till the next morning ..i just changed the relay , ill find out in the morning, if it worked

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

Comment

yeah this has happened to me a few times but eventually id walk away for a few minutes come back and it would start right up, but this time not so lucky....lemme know how that goes hope it worked for ya

Comment

check your starter but b4 u do that check the battery cable leading to the starter to make sure its clean and any other cables connected to the starter if they r clean and it still wont start your starter is bad u can get 1 from autozone for bout 90 without core and 57 with the core try it and let me know
                  BREATHonda

Comment

no no luck gonna change the fuel filter . i got an code 43 . an fuel problem. befor i found that out i got an .new starter new battery clean connects , and no luck , running outa cash.hope its not the feul pump , thats thing is like 250. dam why the car is 15yr old
                    Last edited by ncoutlaw; 10-07-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

yeah thats what im afraid mine is, i just changed the fuel filter today because i knew it needed it and i meant to a long time ago, i dont get it though because it was running fine and then just shut off all the sudden??? what could be the cause

Comment

Do you have gas in your tank?

Check out your main relay whatnot before you replace your fuel pump. Check for shorts in the wiring to the pump.
                        AD5OS
                        FOLDING@home

Comment

one more thing check your air filter.might not be getting any air to mix with the gas, for the injectors. i need to check mine . hell soon i'll have an tune up.
                          Last edited by ncoutlaw; 10-07-2008, 08:47 PM.

Comment

take the cap off your dizzy and have a friend turn the key if the rotor is turning one of your belts or broken even the timing belt or the balancer....i think if the timing belt broke it wont crank up ...not sure about the balance belt

Comment

dos it start when the motor is cold

Comment

Working...
                              X