Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22CB7S_A_L View Post
    yeah thats what im afraid mine is, i just changed the fuel filter today because i knew it needed it and i meant to a long time ago, i dont get it though because it was running fine and then just shut off all the sudden??? what could be the cause
    Mine shut off going down I 95. I trie spinnign it, but it wouldnt start. I sat for a few minutes then started it right up. Got home fuel was good. Two days later same thing. Put a damn $91 igniter in. No problems since.
    My inferiority complex isn't as good as yours.

Comment

...if anybody has any ideas anything would be a great help.
      thank you
      Diagnose the problem before you start buying parts?
      Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

i bought the part to try and diagnose the problem, it was needed anyways....like i said the button was broken off and the cap and rotor were worn to shit, but this whole time i was forgetting my brother has a wrecked 91 lx sitting at my uncle house so went n grabbed the coil n dist off of it, tried the coil...nothing....put on the distributor voila!. must have been something inside the distributor, thank you to all
        "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead."

Comment

im getting very pissed . i took the plug outta the fuel rail and i have plenty of preasure . its not the air filter , the dizzy , changed the plugs cap and button ,and the fuel filter . the only thing i have left to check is the injectors . has ne1 tryed that yet

I like the "suck me slowly" part. Thats my favorite.

Comment

is your distributor loose at all? we didnt think it was my distributor either but when we took the whole dist off another car it started right up...could be loose fuckin up your timing

Comment

OMG...I can't believe none of you have mentioned the ECU fuses!!! One is under the hood and the other is in the inside fuse box. Both will cause the car to just shut off if they blow. I suggest checking them first before you go parts swapping.

Comment

He already fixed his problem, it was the dizzy (Distributor).
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

What about the other guy...ncoutlaw?

Comment

i bought the part to try and diagnose the problem, it was needed anyways....like i said the button was broken off and the cap and rotor were worn to shit, but this whole time i was forgetting my brother has a wrecked 91 lx sitting at my uncle house so went n grabbed the coil n dist off of it, tried the coil...nothing....put on the distributor voila!. must have been something inside the distributor, thank you to all
                    Keep your old distributor, but go ahead and take the dead ignition module out. So if you need a distributor later you wont put it in and think something else is wrong.
                    My inferiority complex isn't as good as yours.

Comment

that was my next try . just gotta find one

Comment

does any one know if an 5th gen dizzy will fit non vtec of course

Comment

yeah the fuses were one of the first thing we checked...forgot to mention...but yeah i save all my old parts broken or not just incase i need a screw or part or anything off of them

Comment

Working...
                          X