Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

exhasut is smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhasut is smoking

hi guys I just put a new air filter in and wellafter it is all said and done take it out for a test drive and it is smoking out my exhaust more than normal becasue my car hardly smoked before so I am wondering did I do somthing wrong or is it just the new filter

what color smoke?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

are you sure thats all that happened? whens the last oil change? do you beat your car?

Comment

I did change my oil recently and I am pretty sure that is all that happend becuase I havn't done anything else and it is white smoke

Comment

A simple air filter change will not cause your car to start smoking. Are you sure it's white? How long does it smoke? Is it just on startup or is it the entire time it runs? Does it stop smoking after a few minutes? How many times have you run the car with it smoking?

It could be as simple as water in the exhaust pipe or you could be looking for a new block soon. More details will help.

Comment

Continues white smoke - smells like burned head gasket - refrigerant cames to cylinders and evaporate out...

Comment

Your exhaust isn't smoking... your engine is smoking.

If it's truly white smoke, it's coolant (not refrigerant). And yes, a blown head gasket is the most likely cause for burning coolant... and not a fun thing to fix (and even less fun to pay to have fixed). Burning coolant also smells sweet.

If it's black smoke, it's fuel, and you're running rich. Try resetting your ECU, and then driving normally for about 30 miles. It'll reset the ECU, and return your fuel levels to normal.

If it's blue smoke, it's oil. It also has a definite smell to it. That could be any number of things, from bad piston rings to leaking spark plug tube seals.

If it's simply gray, it may be no more than condensation. Is this happening shortly after you start the car, or after you've been driving for a while? If it continues after 10 minutes or so, something is burning. If it stops, it's probably just condensation burning off.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post

If it's truly white smoke, it's coolant (not refrigerant). And yes, a blown head gasket is the most likely cause for burning coolant... and not a fun thing to fix (and even less fun to pay to have fixed). Burning coolant also smells sweet.

If it's black smoke, it's fuel, and you're running rich. Try resetting your ECU, and then driving normally for about 30 miles. It'll reset the ECU, and return your fuel levels to normal.

If it's blue smoke, it's oil. It also has a definite smell to it. That could be any number of things, from bad piston rings to leaking spark plug tube seals.

If it's simply gray, it may be no more than condensation. Is this happening shortly after you start the car, or after you've been driving for a while? If it continues after 10 minutes or so, something is burning. If it stops, it's probably just condensation burning off.

well put. cause i just found out my car is running rich
                My cb7

h22a
                5-spd lsd
                Lord, grant me the serenity
                to accept the things I cannot change,
                the courage to change the things I can,
                and the wisdom to hide the bodies
                of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Most basic airflow mods (intake, header, exhaust) will cause you to run rich. The ECU compensates for greater airflow by dumping in more fuel.

Comment

yes its COOLANT not refrigerant,

thanks

Comment

ok it is done smoking just after a day it is not smoking at all also can any show me a picture of what the vacum tube is becasue in my car I have two tube that hook up in to my air intake tube one come our of my engine and another come out of my throttle body can any one tell me wich one is which

Comment

now how do we do this? I did the I/H/E recently and I'm getting a little dark smoke too. How Do i reset the ECU? lol I'm a noob

*EDIT* sorry i did the one thing that says noob. Not searching! lol

so i took out the ECU fuse for about 5 min. That it? The clock wasn't supposed to reset was it?
                        Last edited by thegel; 10-09-2008, 10:39 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                          do you set and wait for things like this to happen

Marry Jane

Comment

Working...
                          X