Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB7 Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Decision

Myy asking for help thread
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1421047

After i went to www.centraltransmission.com for a free check up. They told me it's not the transmission as i still have all 4 gears in my auto cb7. They said solenoid lockup which i replaced. There are also other problems with this cb7:

1. Needs to replace both brake pads/disks in the front.
    2. Needs to replace radiator. My dad had it weld off when it was leaking at the release hole.
    3. Needs to replace the passenger side axel.
    4. Rear frost glass doesn't work because the electric lines on the glass are not connected.
    5. Antenna not working. Doesn't go up or down anymore.
    6. Rattling while driving, like its about to fall apart.

Do you think i should do a trade in for another car or fix this?

How much would the estimate for fixing this up? A local shop is asking $90/hr which is too much.

Please give me ideas.

1 you can spend some extra money and upgrade as you replace...
    roh conversion when you do the front breaks...

upgrade to a full alumi rad

axle isnt a big deal

hook the lines on the rear glass back up?

shave the antenna and get an internal hidden one..

get a diff cb7 if your not willing to put in the wrench time yourself

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

The biggest issue is it doesnt accelerating normally like it should. first gear is very slow and going up the hill is out of the question.

Comment

sounds like a burnt valve possibly

But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

can you elaborate more on this? or post a link where i can read more on it, and possibly fixing it?

Comment

i dont know it to be fact but i know i had a cb7 with a burnt valve and it wouldnt hardly go up a hill.... didnt have any acceleration but once you got it moving it was fine ... new valves for fix... i dont know if this is your problem though

Comment

keep the car and upgrade aftermarket parts. put it like this u take that car to a dealer to trade they would laugh at you 1.because itz a old car to all the problems your discribing in your thread puts the value of the car down even more best bet is to keep the car. u dont have major problems so u should b ok
              BREATHonda

Comment

Originally posted by silentz View Post

After i went to www.centraltransmission.com for a free check up. They told me it's not the transmission as i still have all 4 gears in my auto cb7. They said solenoid lockup which i replaced. There are also other problems with this cb7:

2. Needs to replace radiator. My dad had it weld off when it was leaking at the release hole.
                4. Rear frost glass doesn't work because the electric lines on the glass are not connected.

How much would the estimate for fixing this up? A local shop is asking $90/hr which is too much.

Please give me ideas.
                Well when I got my CB7 I had 4 of the 6 problems that you mentioned and about 10 more items to add. I say keep it. Correct 1 problem at a time. The things you mentioned isnt that bad besides the loss of power. You might have some problems taking the rotors off but other than that your ok. Keep it and start turning your wrenches!!

Comment

19TcappaLX

that what i say keep the car ,work on it a little at a time ,just get it safe to drive then add the modds.i'm doing the same thing myself problem after problem but taking care of each one and having fun doing it.

Comment

guys, i love this car so much. This is my very first car and i drove it for a long time. I'll rather part with my Mustang and Tacoma then my CB7. The biggest issue right now is the acceleration problem, if somehow it can be fix, i'll love it even more. Right now, it is very sad driving it, it has problem going up even a small hill. My dad was telling me to either sell/trade it for a different vehicle for months now and i still hanging on to it in hope for a solution.
                    The acceleration problem is the single biggest issue for my CB7 right now.

Comment

save some money do the simple h22 swap... accl problem will no longer be there

Comment

Originally posted by accord2nr81 View Post
                        save some money do the simple h22 swap... accl problem will no longer be there
                        or if you dont feel like spending that much you could always get a new cb7 engine.

as for me im fixing one thing at a time like the others. and if your engine takes a crap on you im sure getting a new f22a put int wont be too much.
                        91 ex sedan
                        And now, new for 2012, a 93 ex wagon!

Paypal verified
                        Bought from: frootloops, 90accords, Agol
                        sold to: Agol

Comment

Originally posted by silentz View Post

Please give me ideas.
                          1. Get new cheapo pads and some Molycote should cost $30
                          2. New radiator is like $50 and takes about an hour to put in.. very simple job.
                          3. Get a 2nd opinion about your axles... Only problem I have ever had with a bad axle was after an accident where all of the suspension parts got smashed too. How is your steering and handling? If it is all jacked up I woudl think about getting a Front end kit and replacing all of your control arms and tierod ends and all that crap.. also all of the rubber parts too. Now if the axle splines are bad or something... go get some from the junkyard :P Front suspension parts you can find on ebay for maybe $200 for a full set.($500 dealer probably)
                          4. They sell rear defroster repair kits for like $10... its just conductive paint, tape, and a very small brush. You put the tape up on the glass so that to complete the circuit you just paint back the wires. Very easy and I have found other good uses for that stuff in repairing printed circuit boards.
                          5. Autozone $5 motorized antennas suck.
                          6. Probably just something loose or rattling around. Try to get a buddy to help you figure out where the sound is coming from and go from there. I bet it is either a bad suspension part or exhaust part like a loose heat shield on the cat.

This is a great learning experience and you have the perfect car to learn on. First parts are plentiful and cheap.... every junkyard has a few cb7s. You have this forum of expertise to tap. You can learn not only how this car works but how cars in general all work. Your self confidence will be increased. You will be better able to help out your less car savvy friends with their problems.

Good luck... I think its better and cheaper to keep the car and take care of it.. and don't drive it like a crazy guy like my brother! :P
                          AD5OS
                          FOLDING@home

Comment

fix it!
                            94 Honda Accord EX - cozy daily
                            95 Civic DX w/ lamesauce b18
                            92 Honda Accord Discount Xtreme - 400k miles strong
                            04 Honda Helement EX AWD - GF's ride

Comment

maybe the accleration problem could be because the timing belt skipped a tooth??? just throwing it out there
                              R.I.P. To My CB7 The Motor Blew

Comment

Working...
                              X