Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

i want to know the max mpg i can get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want to know the max mpg i can get

well I want to know what others are getting when they have 350K miles on their engine....I have eveerything stock and getting about 22 miles city/highway combined so yea.....does anyone get better..and plus I have a stock DIY intake

I'm getting about 25-27mpg combined.
    But, mines mostly city.
    On the highways, the speed limit is 70mph, so that's not very mpg friendly.

Edit: 245,000 miles.
    Last edited by JoshM; 10-21-2008, 12:59 PM.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I don't have that many miles on my engine, but I got 31mpg on a 110 mile highway drive with the a/c on.

I have an auto f22a1 with a6 runners, h23 plenum, bored out h23 tb, aem sri, and an axle-back exhaust.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

wow..and how many miles do u have on ur engine?? I wish I could get 27 max...on city..I might get 18 on city...haha

Comment

my odometer read 225K and im about 28 mpg mostly city.

lol, my engine is only 40K though...

Comment

Originally posted by blueACCORDex View Post
            wow..and how many miles do u have on ur engine?? I wish I could get 27 max...on city..I might get 18 on city...haha
            I have around 125k

If you do a full tune-up though you could probably improve it. I saw a huge milage increase when I did my IM swap and drilled out my egr ports.

Before that I was getting about what you are.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

yeA a lot of people have like a large amount of miles on their odometer but the engine is like new....mine is like actual enine mileage....which is 350K so yea...haha

Comment

230K 1990 EX AUTO

23-24 city going 30 mph

33-35 highway going 65mph

Combined 27-31 depending on how much highway driving

Modified electrical system, DIY ram intake, tires at 50 PSI, cleaned EGR valve, cleaned FITV/tightened, cleaned IACV, new spark plugs, new spark plug wires, SEAFOAM'ed into oil and gas, UPPER GRILL block.

Thats all I can think of now lol
                90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
                DIY ram intake
                0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
                stock alt rewound to 120amps
                optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
                fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
                2004 Jeep Liberty v6
                2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

okay kool thanks for so much input im thinkin of bringin my cb in and do a full tune up when I get my suspension done...which would be 2marrow to get an estimate so when I ask for a full tune up what should most likely be included

oil change, tire pumped, idk what else would be done....

Comment

I was getting pretty close to 40 hwy on fresh rebuilt a6 head, transmission, new timing belt, water pump, fuel pump, and a few other new things. Now I'm still in the low 30's. This is doing 50-55mph.
                    1993 Accord EX
                    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

also does topping off on gas waste more gas?? i read that online and so yea...i was wondering...

Comment

also does topping off on gas waste more gas?? i read that online and so yea...i was wondering...
                        usually does because of more weight... if you only fill up half a tanks repeatedly you might gain 1 or 2 mpg's

Comment

mm...yea idk cuz it said like topping off causes more gas to go into the engine or something..haha...lol yea half tank would be like less weight...so yea..okay thanks...nd also reading that changing the spark plugs can increase 2-3 mpg too??

Comment

mm...yea idk cuz it said like topping off causes more gas to go into the engine or something..haha...lol yea half tank would be like less weight...so yea..okay thanks...nd also reading that changing the spark plugs can increase 2-3 mpg too??

I wouldn't say they ADD mpg, just regain what should have been there in the first place.
                            90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
                            DIY ram intake
                            0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
                            stock alt rewound to 120amps
                            optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
                            fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
                            2004 Jeep Liberty v6
                            2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

I can get about 375-400 to a tank driving like a dick.

195k I/H/E P12
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X