Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 tranny...was it worth it? $400 (not a sales pitch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 tranny...was it worth it? $400 (not a sales pitch)

got it for four hundred, already drill and tapped wich means its been in two cars at least, guy and shop said he up graded to lsd and didnt have it in his cb7 long.....take a look tell me what u think...and what should i clean it with?

1990 accord LX-Laurel Blue
    predator intake/OBX header,down pipe and resonator
    tune up-belts,gaskets,fluids
    17" rims and tires

that thing looks fucked up.

did you make sure it was LSD before you paid for it?

it looks like is been sitting for quite a while. hopefully you wont need to rebuild it.

cross your fingers.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Have you actually checked to see if it has an LSD? Just look through the diff (axle holes) and if you can see through it with no obstructions, it has an LSD.

I'm not sure what you can clean it with, it looks pretty pitted, which you probably can't get out easily. If the synchros and seals are good, you got a good deal. If not, you may have gotten a $400 LSD, which isn't bad either!
      Originally posted by Junior Smurff
      Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

i don't see where you even said it was supposed to be LSD but if it was working when he took it out and was kept out of the rain, i'm sure it's fine, they're tough.

i'd replace the throw-out bearing, use some degreaser and a brush to get all the shit off the inner parts of the bell housing and make sure it's all sliding the way it should, maybe fill it up with 10w30 oil and flushing out whatever is inside there.

$400 isn't really a bargain but isn't bad either. depends on the market in your area. if it works i'd say it's worth it. if not i'd murder his whole family
        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

not bad at all if it works....use some simple green and a brush....I have seen them go for upwards of 800 bucks around here!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
          ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth View Post

$400 Isn't Really A Bargain But Isn't Bad Either. Depends On The Market In Your Area. If It Works I'd Say It's Worth It. If Not I'd Murder His Whole Family
            Rofl

Comment

If it's in working condition, it's a decent buy. As said above, degrease it, brush it clean, and replace the throwout bearing... with a new HONDA bearing. Don't use an aftermarket bearing... trust me. (that's why my car is down now... the cheap bearing failed... and I knew better when I installed it, too!)

And it's not supposed to be LSD. The guy that sold it to the shop upgraded to LSD, and removed this one.

Comment

clean it with easy off oven cleaner works so good better then any degreaser get fume free bc that stuff will get u all messed up if u dont do it outside

Comment

As for cleaning i wud use varsol or simple green on the exterior w/ various wire brushes then powerwash (probably repeat x2-3 cuz its fuked) grab some high temp chrome or aluminum spray paint (or color of u choice an spray it fresh. (sand down exessively pitted areas)Then ur pimping
                  Originally posted by H22artman View Post
                  that thing looks fucked up.

did you make sure it was LSD before you paid for it?

it looks like is been sitting for quite a while. hopefully you wont need to rebuild it.

cross your fingers.
                  x2 on that it looks fuked up plus i got a non lsd for pretty much free so to me it no deal cuz i guy i kno got an lsd the same day i got my motor for 650 w/ motor included.
                  Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
                  Have you actually checked to see if it has an LSD? Just look through the diff (axle holes) and if you can see through it with no obstructions, it has an LSD.
                  ya post some pics od the axle hole plzz i wanna c if he shafted u
                  Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

He didn't get shafted. HE BOUGHT A NON-LSD TRANSMISSION.

Jesus Christ... READ, PEOPLE!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post

i think reading is out of every schools ciriculum.

and i am not sure, but i think you could have gotten one in better LOOKING shape for less.

Just gotta look around. Im going to start looking for one my self. but i would like an LSD. but idk if i'll be stuck paying that much. Ill just have to prey on some people that don't know what they got.

Comment

hey seriusly thanx bros for all ur imput, the shop owner said he'll back it up if it doesnt work...so im guessing its legit, and yea the other dude was upgrading to lsd, not me....i got a writen reciept from him too so thats all good, i dont think its as bad as it looks on here...ive seen alot worse for more...free? aint nothing free in texas, bunch of hustlers round here lol well what all can i check just by looking at it to tell iof any signs that its a pile? ill wash it and take better pics tomorow....
                        17" rims and tires

Comment

oh and the cheapest i saw besides that in my area is 600...non lsd...
                          17" rims and tires

Comment

I have seen them go for about 300-400 by me... someone has an Accord Euro R tranny up for sale for $400... if I wasn't broke and I needed a tranny I would get it but I am over my 1 tranny a year limit (bought one for my fuckin Maxima this summer)

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post

hahaha...x2

he never said that it was LSD, he said the guy he bought it from upgraded to LSD

either way $400 isnt too bad, cross ur fingers and hope it works.

try spray some engine degreaser on it and pressure wash it
                              Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                              Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Working...
                              X