Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Filling Tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filling Tranny?

Can I fill my tranny through the reverse light sensor hole?

_UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION_
    My Precious Toy
    Swap Thread
    916 Cb7
    "92Ex KT"My New Addition[W.I.P]
    "93Dx KT"SOLD

I would venture a guess and say no. But is it an auto or manual?

Auto would be filled through the dipstick tube...

Manual through the filler bolt.
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

If this is a manual you can also remove the rubber breather tube cover and fill the tranny through there with a small funnel. However, you'll still have to remove the filler bolt, not only to see when you've filled it enough, but also for the tranny to breath as you fill it. Most importently, make sure the car is level when you fill it.
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr View Post
        If this is a manual you can also remove the rubber breather tube cover and fill the tranny through there with a small funnel. However, you'll still have to remove the filler bolt, not only to see when you've filled it enough, but also for the tranny to breath as you fill it. Most importently, make sure the car is level when you fill it.
        Just to specify, this is NOT referring to the rubber stopper covering the hole used for setting your ignition timing!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          Just to specify, this is NOT referring to the rubber stopper covering the hole used for setting your ignition timing!
          Ohh yes! NOT that plug.
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

^suddenly the rear main seal started leaking and the clutch slips! LOL

You can technically fill the manual trans. via the vent pipe, but then you'd need to vent the case (maybe unbolt the reverse sensor?) then you'd want to check the level too of course!

Comment

^^ X2 it will just take longer than through the main filler hole, due to the size of the hole

OP yes you can fill through the reverse switch hole, but as above, you still need to take the filler plug out to get the correct filling level.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                ^suddenly the rear main seal started leaking and the clutch slips! LOL

You can technically fill the manual trans. via the vent pipe, but then you'd need to vent the case (maybe unbolt the reverse sensor?) then you'd want to check the level too of course!
                As I said in post three... all you'd have to do to vent the case and make sure the level is right (when the fluid starts to over fill it's full).
                THat's the way I've always done it in the past on my CB and have never had any issues.

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                ^^ X2 it will just take longer than through the main filler hole, due to the size of the hole

OP yes you can fill through the reverse switch hole, but as above, you still need to take the filler plug out to get the correct filling level.
                Doesn't take that much longer to fill via the vent hole.
                ~~~~~~~

Comment

I've always filled them through the VSS hole, Take out the VSS with the one 10mm and you have a big enough hole to put in a long funnel.

Comment

some body have pic's o have a diy of how to refill the trany.my trany is getting wosre everyday. please. thanx guys. (i dont want to steal the thread, but i just need help)

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=131830 <<<< Click It

Comment

Working...
                    X