Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine swap or rebuild F22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine swap or rebuild F22?

I got a quick question, probably not the simplest to explain but, heres my options

I can buy a h22 and swap

Or rip the stock f22 out my car and rebuild it with new everything sleeves pistons bearings ect

the question is, which would be cheapest, the swap? or should i rebuild the stock motor and save the money that would be used for the engine and buy suspension and turbo parts? Im sure alot have you that have swapped have weighed these options, your feed back would be apreciated.

it would be easy just a h22 swap but if you know how to work the f22 dont its cheaper and more reliable
    i feel good cause i beat a 350z~

Comment

which pushes more hp when turbo'd a properly rebuilt f22 or a h22? I hear a F22 with a H head is the shiznit..... but im not inclined anough to run external fuel lines and all the other shit.

Comment

bench racing ftl

Comment

hey i can tell you dat that i am doing a h23 swap it a little work but t pay off at the end i heard that you hook up the h22 and h23 more from the people i talked too i can i had a problem with the wiring but i figure with help members of cb7tuner thanks cb7tuner.........

Comment

a swapped h22 is cheaper. the built f22 motor alone will cost you more than the swap.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              a swapped h22 is cheaper. the built f22 motor alone will cost you more than the swap.
              x's 2.
              The beginning of a new era............................
              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Personally, I'd keep the F22 until it blows. Then I'd swap.
                Raceline USA

Comment

go with the h22

Comment

F22 rebuild is the cheaper more reliable option.
                    VTEC DUDE!!!!!!!

Comment

get the h22.......more power

Comment

be thick headed and go for the underdog! F22 bitchs!

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          OK so now you have an older oil buring 30-40k H22 vs a clean rebuild F22. The F22 is ready for another 200k. Yes the H22 swap gets you 180whp of the hop. But with a freshly build F22 you can boost and get 300whp out of it for another 2k.

Lets see how this breaks down.

45,000 mile H22 swap completed = 2k (+ a qt of oil and a rear bumper wash once a week)
                          + $2k for a sleeve and rebuild for boost
                          + $2k for a good turbo and tune
                          Approx $6k for a boosted 3-400whp H22

F22 stock rebuild = 1k-1500 ($2500 with forged internals)
                          Turbo kit = 2k
                          for a total of approx $4500 for a 300-400whp F22... now with the extra $1500 you saved yourself from wasting money on an H you could add more power adders or a larger turbo.

So in the end you could have a $6k 4-450whp H or a $4k 4-450whp F22.

Note these are approximate numbers but the end result is still the same. F22 is boost friendly off the hop. The only bonus to the H22 is 40hp of the drop. You need to add more to the H22 to get it up to the equal amount of power you can get from a boosted F. and I'm not a fan of boosted cars.....but for the money to power ratio a built & boosted F is the cost effective way to go vs the H.

N/A F22 Hybrid all the way for me,
                          Last edited by GhostAccord; 12-26-2008, 02:00 PM.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

In your case I’d choose H22....
                            Rebuilding engine it’s a very precious work….
                            And don’t turn it new…
                            I think H22 with low mileage don’t have to burn any oil.

Comment

Originally posted by VTS View Post
                              In your case I’d choose H22....
                              that statement is very convincing. I'm goign to go out and get me an H22 just because you too.

How about adding some tangible information to your overwhelmingly persuasive personal opinion?

I feel that given your present situation. You should go jump off a bridge.
                              You ask why.... well just because I said to.
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X