Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how is really done?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how is really done?????

i did a search on how to bleed the radiator and different people have different ways of doing it.
    what is the right way of doing this?
    do i take the radiator cap off first?
    does the car have to be HOT and ON when doing this?
    should coolant come out from the nipple?

Im assuming when the car is on and you open the nipple coolant comes gushing out from the radiator.should it be a steady flow of coolant without bubbles?
    when theres no more bubbles coming out do i close the nipple and just fill the radiator to the top of the neck.
    HOPE I MADESENCE.

Originally posted by CB7_213
    i would like to know as well!
    Fist step you should take is...start car from cold......with the rad cap removed....there is a bleeder valve where the thermostat is right on top of it looks like a nipple with a bolt around it....lossen it....let car warm up.....fans should kick in...let it bubble from the rad for about 10 mins with cap off...then put cap back on..then when bleeder valve is bleeding clean with no bubbles just straight fluid...tighten back up...

Fin

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121793

Comment

wow nice answer ont19 you get rep point thanks

Comment

You actually can perform this w/ the engine off, coolant can be warm or cold, but not hot of course! You will want to remove the rad. cap, then simply open the bleeder, then close it when a constant stream of coolant comes out (w/ no bubbles what-so-ever). Ont1992ADL was def. on the right track, and if that works for him, that's fine, I do it alittle differently

Comment

I really appreciate the replies Ont and Granite.
          Last edited by zacatecas; 12-29-2008, 07:18 PM.

Comment

i do it a little bit differently. works on every honda i've worked on so far. i just fill the radiator up til u cant put anymore in and put the cap on. then just fill up the reservoir up past the full mark. after u start it and drive it, up to normal operating temp, then shut it off and let it cool, it pretty much bleeds itself. good heat and no over heating. hondas have pretty simple cooling systems. not a lot of place to trap air and cause problems.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

ohhh i c thats a good way to bleed too im try that next time i need to bleed my radiator

MEMBERS RIDE.

Bought from: DannyD , Night Wolf , CB7=91, lummieCB7
              Sold to: LITuner, rezist09, Pacman91EX, 93AccordLXwhite, PhatAccord, TheNextEpisode

Comment

Working...
              X