Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine is leaking coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine is leaking coolant

Hi All,

Seems like I get out of one issue and into another but i still love my cb7. Anyways, my 1993 cb7 lx is leaking coolant from the engine. Is on the timing belt side and it is from a port that looks like a screw goes in there. I went to the JY and checked out a 94 accord (closest i could find) and a screw does not go there, but i'm not sure what the leak could be -- timing belt/water pump? headgasket?. while i'm driving, my temp is normal, i stop and let the car cool down -- no problem. As the car is cooling, it drops about 1 drop of coolant every 20s and by the time is done, i've leaked a good amount. It started last week on Sat or Sun and since then i've had to put in 1 1/2 gal of coolant.

i'll post pics after i jack up the car in a hour or so but any ideas ?
    Member's Page:: Coming Soon

do a pressure check.

Comment

There are alot of screws on the timing side. Could be the water pump weep hole.

Comment

Sound like water pump, double check it

THE POWER OF DREAM

Comment

sounds like water pump to me. mine was hemorrhaging end of december. sounds similar.
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Remove the timing belt cover and run the car to see were it is leaking from. I doubt its the head gasket you would have noticed it.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
              Could be the water pump weep hole.

That's what it sounds like to me.
              1990 LX Coupe-----1992 LX Sedan

Comment

Water pump X5

Comment

Wow. The car sure knows when I need to replace things.

200miles shy of 150k and i was going to bring her in to have the timing belt + water pump changed.

Here are the pics just incase it helps.

Comment

Thats the weep hole, Will leak coolant when need replacing. Aswell as timing belt job.

Comment

Thanks

I'll bring her in tomorrow to have the timing + water pump replaced. I guess my initial hunch was right...

thanks guys/girls

Comment

How much they charging to get the timing belt job done?

Comment

$200 + i bring my own parts.

These are the same guys that did my clutch on my prelude

Comment

Originally posted by bishpuppy View Post
                            Hi All,

Seems like I get out of one issue and into another but i still love my cb7. Anyways, my 1993 cb7 lx is leaking coolant from the engine. Is on the timing belt side and it is from a port that looks like a screw goes in there. I went to the JY and checked out a 94 accord (closest i could find) and a screw does not go there, but i'm not sure what the leak could be -- timing belt/water pump? headgasket?. while i'm driving, my temp is normal, i stop and let the car cool down -- no problem. As the car is cooling, it drops about 1 drop of coolant every 20s and by the time is done, i've leaked a good amount. It started last week on Sat or Sun and since then i've had to put in 1 1/2 gal of coolant.

i'll post pics after i jack up the car in a hour or so but any ideas ?
                            check your hoses to make sure their not damaged then check the water pump to make sure itz not defective, the check the radiator core or coolant reservoir bottle those r fine the check the engine drain or water jacket core good luck bro
                            BREATHonda

Comment

Working...
                            X