Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

EGR valves and ports ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR valves and ports ???

I have a 92 accord with the f22a1 and i was wondering how to go about cleaning out the egr valve and ports any suggestions on products to use? and how to actually do the work ?

Originally posted by 92HndaCb7 View Post
    I have a 92 accord with the f22a1 and i was wondering how to go about cleaning out the egr valve and ports any suggestions on products to use? and how to actually do the work ?
    Well you can actually start by searching.
    You actually got this far (Knowing that you actually have to clean your EGR ports)

Here's a great link for you.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=2495

This is what i used...

I scraped the carbon off with an angled small skinny Allen wrench and Carb cleaner.

Comment

http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=3113

this is my personal DIY i made... if you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me or rich

Comment

thanks guys all that info was very helpfull i guess il be doing it this weekend and hopefully it will fix my sputtering problem

Comment

I recently cleaned my EGR and port but couldn't get the replacement plugs to fit with the 'dome' up. I was ruining my port by doing it this way. I even tried sanding down the edges so it would slip in easier. What I eventually did is put the plug in 'dome' firstm don't know if its the wrong or right way, but that's how I did it

Comment

So will this solve a lopey idle cause ive change everything else on my car and i even updated my distributor to a 95 cause i liked the small screw in the rotor.

Ive had the problem since i bought the car last year and have replaced just about everything i can think of.

Replaced so far:
            Fuel filter
            Fuel Pump
            Fuel Injectors
            All vac hoses

Also have a CAI from a 94-97 accord thats made for a car without ABS even tho my car has it lol.

would a blown water pump cause the idle to lope cause that just blew on me the other day when i was runnin my car for the second time this winter.
            1992 Honda Accord 4 door 5spd *Sold 5/9/09*

Comment

Originally posted by sukkafree63 View Post
              So will this solve a lopey idle cause ive change everything else on my car and i even updated my distributor to a 95 cause i liked the small screw in the rotor.

Ive had the problem since i bought the car last year and have replaced just about everything i can think of.

Replaced so far:
              Fuel filter
              Fuel Pump
              Fuel Injectors
              All vac hoses

Also have a CAI from a 94-97 accord thats made for a car without ABS even tho my car has it lol.

would a blown water pump cause the idle to lope cause that just blew on me the other day when i was runnin my car for the second time this winter.
              No this will not fix your loopy idle.

Have you tried cleaning your IAC?

Also, are you leaking coolant from your water pump weep hole?

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                No this will not fix your loopy idle.

Have you tried cleaning your IAC?

Also, are you leaking coolant from your water pump weep hole?
                As far as i can tell my IAC is fine cause i did what everyone else on here does and pulled the cover off to tighten the white thing inside and mine was hella loose.
                As for my water pump im not sure if its leakin from the weep hole cause when i start the car it doesnt leak but when i shut it off it pissed like a race horse.

Comment

As far as i can tell my IAC is fine cause i did what everyone else on here does and pulled the cover off to tighten the white thing inside and mine was hella loose.
                  As for my water pump im not sure if its leakin from the weep hole cause when i start the car it doesnt leak but when i shut it off it pissed like a race horse.
                  Im sorry but that was not the IAC you messed around with.

The IAC is right infront of the intake manifold with a connector going to it.
                  Two 12mm.

Low coolant can cause a loopy idle.
                  Would cause your RPM to fluctuate
                  Yeah i would look into replacing that water pump.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                    Im sorry but that was not the IAC you messed around with.

The IAC is right infront of the intake manifold with a connector going to it.
                    Two 12mm.

Low coolant can cause a loopy idle.
                    Would cause your RPM to fluctuate
                    Yeah i would look into replacing that water pump.
                    lol the water pump is kinda obvious cause i have coolant on the ground after i shut the car off...as for the IAC i did clead the part with the white ring in it but never got a chance to do the other part due to the lack of daylight and cold weather outside....also cleaned my egr valve which was a pain to get off lol. Should be getting to the other half of the IAC tomorrow sometime.

Comment

lol the water pump is kinda obvious cause i have coolant on the ground after i shut the car off...as for the IAC i did clead the part with the white ring in it but never got a chance to do the other part due to the lack of daylight and cold weather outside....also cleaned my egr valve which was a pain to get off lol. Should be getting to the other half of the IAC tomorrow sometime.
                      I think you are getting your IACV mixed up with your FITV. The IACV has a electrical connector on it and when you take it off it has a screen. Clean the screen.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                      Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                      My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
                        I think you are getting your IACV mixed up with your FITV. The IACV has a electrical connector on it and when you take it off it has a screen. Clean the screen.
                        Yea that makes sense lol. Like i said before im new to hondas so being parts aware for me is kinda hard still.

Comment

What is the purpose of the sliding hammner?

Could I drill a small hole in the plug, the put a long pointy screw on to get some thread on it to grip the plug and pull it out? How hard is it to pull the plugs off?
                          Once done cleaning, just put the plugs back in.
                          Could this method works? If I use a screw would I push the plugs all the way through inside if it is forced while screwing on?
                          Thanks,

Comment

^I can't remember if mine is a 1lb or a 2, but it took me some pretty good effort to yank those plugs out. I would imagine it would be possible to get them out by other means, but IMO, slide hammer would work the best b/c of its upward impacting force. Impact is the key, not so much constant upward pulling. It would be a good idea to tap them down slightly to shock them loose first before doing anything else. I don't quite follow the last sentence but my only other idea is a really long screw that would go down to the bottom of the runner, stop, then ramp the plug out b/c the screw can go no further (and that's if the brass holds the threads and doesn't strip out). I just hate the thought of metal chips and shavings getting into the motor though, that's why I modded a whole spare IM.

Comment

I cannot figure out how that sliding hammer works. When you pull on the round knob handle is when the impact force is exerted? It seems like that round handle is loose to slide up and down if you let go.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X